[Guide] How Negotiator (Pro) and Treasure Hunter Works

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kivanc, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Yes. Please note that with double pincer, the killing hit needs to be the second one. It is not enough to just setup a double pincer and kill with the first hit.

2. Vagou

Vagou Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Yep no worries, I learned a bit about how to stack skills with Levia :)

Kivanc likes this.
  3. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Don't forget to mention this under "What Leviathan thought us" thread ;)

4. Zireael

Zireael Member

Does the Treasure Hunter user need to be activated in attack that kills the enemy to increase the odds? What if TH character performed an attack on enemy, but is not present in the final sequence that kills the enemy? What if the character does not perform any direct or indirect action on the enemy?
    I realise we might not know the answers, but if someone has an idea, I wanted to ask for clarification.

5. sendru

sendru Active Member

Th is a passive skill, and the post have explained it.

6. Zireael

Zireael Member

Well then, the post needs to explain how this passive skill gets applied to enemies.

7. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

I thought it was obvious. You just include that skill in your character description. That's all.

gone247 likes this.
  8. Zireael

Zireael Member

Character has the skill. My question was, how that skill gets applied to enemy to increase drop rate? Does the character need to lead pincer? Be included in chain? Does the character need to perform any action on enemy? What if character is slept/petrified/confused? If Treasure Hunter gets applied to enemy, then the character dies and few rounds later enemy dies, is the Treasure hunter still acting on the enemy?
    The 'skill is passive' tells me that the character HAS the skill and it is active 100% of the time. Are you suggesting TH is an Area_All debuff being constantly applied to all enemies on arena just like that?

9. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

I will be honest, I don't know some of your questions, such as death, petrification, etc.

I know that the character does not need to be part of chain and/or lead the attack. You just need that character in your party.

I would assume that the skill is active even if that character dies in the battle, but someone should verify this.

It is way easier to verify this information with Money Bags and/or Seasoned Pro, which are similar passive skills. However, for these skills, you can record the XP / money gain for a level and then apply various conditions to see how the skill is affected.

10. Spyhunter

Spyhunter Member

Thanks for the guide. Perhaps because I got yuken and Alika late (and therefore they have low skill bonus) I just haven't seen any improvements with th and neg pro but love the article and will keep trying

11. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Yukken has Negotiator Pro, which is the best negotiator bonus you can get. Are you referring to something else?

12. Zireael

Zireael Member

Thanks for the reply. My Money Bags character is still Lv 1, but it's a good idea on how to verify how this type of skills works.
    For Negotiator you can easily see when it ‘procs’, but for TH there is no animation or message. I was trying to pincer things with my Gatz, but sometimes the mage decides to blow up the whole arena before Gatz has a chance to take any action. Such a pain.

13. Acero

Acero Active Member

Mmmmm ok, i got a big problem¡ i havent understand a thing¡¡

I got Rikken + Samatha, and i manage to use the "single mob method" with both of them at the same time. So, i used Negociator x2 + Negociator Pro x2 with a mob, and doesnt capture it¡¡

Luckily i got a video of it.....

And NO, i didnt capture it previously in the same stage (in case you see i got 1 captured mob already)

Explain plz¡¡ :(:(:(

14. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

With pleasure :)

You are trying to capture Beastfolk xxx (could not see in the video, I have very bad internet connection at the moment), which has base capture rate 1%. You activate Negotiator + Neg. Pro twice, which gives you 20x bonus to your base capture rate, making your capture rate: 21%.

As you can see there is still 79% chance that you will not capture this monster :) Outflank negotiate is powerful, but it does not always guarantee capture.

Acero likes this.
  15. Acero

Acero Active Member

ahhhhh ok¡¡¡¡ thats true¡¡¡¡ i was just using the 5% capture rate that belongs to bosses.....
    On bosses it will allways work, but not in all the mobs.... thx a lot @Kivanc

BTW its beastfolk archer ;P

16. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

My pleasure.

Yes, on bosses with 20x bonus, you get over 100% capture rate and get guaranteed drop.

Good luck with farming.

17. Spyhunter

Spyhunter Member

Hi. I was very confused. The description in the game of negotiator pro is thT "creatures that join you will drop items". Which is an effect I havent observed. What I think it does though per your article is to increase the chance of. Monster joining you which is very different than the in game description. Does that explain my confusion?

Thanks
    Chris

18. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Description (translation) is incorrect. Negotiator (Pro) only affects monster drop rate, not item drop rate.

19. Sticky Fingers

Sticky Fingers Active Member

Gotta love those negotiators :D

Attached Files:

20. naynaybo

naynaybo New Member

Preface (in hopes I don't come off thick): 1. I understand TH is a negligible boost in %. 2. I'm not drawing bias conclusions based on my personal TB history. 3. I comprehend the logistics of a rng.
    Today I ran Ch. 20 thrice in a row with Alika (TH equipped). 1st run = 23 drops, 2nd run = 11 drops, 3rd run = 3 drops. I've noticed this staggering decline in drops any time I run the same thing repeatedly (chapter or hunting zone) without switching up runs/party members/lineup/closing the app, but never has it been that dramatic (nor had I noted precise #s). I was a bit surprised after run #2 since I hadn't had as few as 11 drops in Ch. 20 since before Alika unlocked TH (even then, 11 would have been quite low). Nevertheless, rngesus and I had hit a rough patch, and my objective was to gain exp not items... Then I got 3 drops... 3! So I was wondering if anyone else experienced this pattern/ noticed a similar trend when repeating runs - or if this is isolated to just me. I'm asking for pure conjecture as testing this would prove quasi-challenging given the variables/ time it would take.
    Epilogue: I realized now that this is only indirectly related to TH, so I apologize... but I am quite curious as it would alter my approach to playing.