[Guide] How Negotiator (Pro) and Treasure Hunter Works

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kivanc, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Chev4

Chev4 Active Member

@Noche, understanable mistake.

Negotiator: increase drop rate for Monsters , as in you get a New character. The lion like symbol at the the right of the screen, above the chest in the battle screen.

Treasure Hunter: increase drop rate for items(the chest). Items like apollo, spirit particles, metal ticket....etc.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Kivanc likes this.
  2. sendru

sendru Active Member

Rikken and yukken only affect the monster drop. For item drop such as Apollo, it is affected by treasure hunter, which is a passive skill.

3. Noche

Noche New Member

My bad, now I understand. Well, at least I have it easy capturing bosses, thank you.

4. Lionel

Lionel Active Member

Hi there, i was the one who brought the outflank method first, and i think the one who said about sisters in arms was the girl whos name has tayls on it and is always in the wiki, also i read that the sisters in arms buff was divided between the two sisters, so it was not 8x for both sisters, but it was always intended for a high droppage

5. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

Wonder if we can get an old apk file and see how the coding has changed. I'm sure there are earlier apks floating around, no?

6. Lionel

Lionel Active Member

Well, some pple migh have kept the canadian beta (was it canada that the beta was on? Or australia or something like that) but i dont think these files are available to download unless you specifically find the owners and ask for them

7. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

@Lionel, I have given you proper credit in the guide.

@Cel: we do have data for all version, it is WIP to create change logs for previous versions.

8. Lionel

Lionel Active Member

The person who introduced the sisters in arms problem was more informed through the media than through apk game readings

9. jnalyz

jnalyz The Data Gatherer

Capturing summon creatures counts as neither a monster drop nor an item drop, so there's no way to improve the chance of them dropping.

Kivanc likes this.
  10. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

So, maybe we will see characters that increase this in the future? I also realized that the monster capture count does not increase when you capture an eidolon.

11. ThyPenguinZ

ThyPenguinZ New Member

any information on neg/neg pro and co-op?

12. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

What do you mean?

13. ThyPenguinZ

ThyPenguinZ New Member

is it possible to stack neg/neg pro with other users in story co-op and farm out all monsters quickly?

in a different wording, would my yukken's neg pro stack with another user's neg pro?

If yes, wouldn't that mean that players could farm all monsters with 100% capture rate given that their negotiator users have high enough SB?

14. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

I see. Sorry, I thought you were asking for for eidolon quests.

The most negotiator (pro) you can stack in a co-op (I think two people) is 4. Using this if you outflank an enemy, you would get 64x drop bonus. For any mob that have 2% drop rate, this would make its drop guaranteed whereas for 1% base drop rate mobs, the drop rate would be 65% (high, but no guarantee). In co-op, it might be tough to pull outflank negotiate, so not sure how often this can be accomplished.

To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing that we figured out that would prevent negotiator (pro) to stack up. However, I don't have a definitive answer yet. On low-stamina stages, you might give it a try.

Edit: I just learned that when you co-op, your friends monsters are nerfed to the difficulty of the level + 5. This means that you cannot use this strategy for any dungeon below difficulty level 30. Difficulty 30 starts with 12-7, which is quite late (but could still make a difference for late chapters)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    ThyPenguinZ likes this.
  15. ThyPenguinZ

ThyPenguinZ New Member

Yeah, I reread my post and realized how vague my question was, my bad :D.

You see, I'm trying to minimize the amount of farming I need to do (someday) :)

16. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

I thought my post already explained it.

Yes, both negotiators stack (don't see any reason why they would not). However, you need to enter to a dungeon starting 12-7 at least to be able to use your friend's negotiator pro. Neg. Pro is L35 skill, so the dungeon difficulty must be at least 30.

17. ThyPenguinZ

ThyPenguinZ New Member

Ah, sorry, I understood what you meant the first time. Your post gave me the information I was looking for. Thanks!

Kivanc likes this.
  18. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Unstickied and linked to the main guides index.

19. tbfosho

tbfosho Active Member

Sorry for asking, but I wanted to make sure I understand TH properly.

Say there's a 10% base drop rate for an item, and there's a double drop day.

Treasure Hunter would increase the base drop to 12.5%, and then the double drop bonus would only double the base rate, creating a 22.5% chance of dropping an item? Does the game do any level of rounding to that number? If so, would it always round down (in this case down to 22%)? If there are multiple TH characters, does it round after applying both bonuses (in this case, would the bonus be 5% or two rounded bonuses totaling 4%)?

Thanks!

20. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

There's another post with the math by @Tharos. But I'll write it for your situation.

You have 10% base drop rate, with 1 TH, and 2x drops.

End drop chance = 24%:
    Base 10% + TH (25% of 10%) = 12.5% total.
    This number is rounded down to 12%
    Double drop rate doubles 12% to 24% for the final drop rate.

If there are 2 x TH:
    End drop chance = 30%:
    Base 10% + 2x TH (50% of 10%) = 15% total.
    No rounding needed.
    Double drop rate doubles 15% to 30% for the final drop rate.

Tharos likes this.