[Guide] Non-IAP guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Terra battoru, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Terra battoru

Terra battoru Active Member

This guide is intended for non-IAP, but some sections can also be used for IAP as well.

Part I: Rerolling
    See Fluffles' rerolling guide. http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-how-to-start-playing.83/
    If you are planning to non-IAP it is recommended to reroll for an SS, and specifically a mage if you are willing to spend the time, since they deal a lot of damage.
    Edit: Understand that this game is not reroll heavy. If you are planning to non-IAP and don't want to reroll a lot, any offensive monster A and higher
    is good. SS is recommended but not required. You will eventually get a lot of energy to roll anyways.

Part II: Team Setup
    In the earlier chapters, you can win with basically any team. But as the chapters get harder, some strategy will become involved. For example, take advantage of weaknesses by attacking sword monsters with spear characters. In addition, make sure to check enemy abilities by pressing down and holding on the enemy. Some enemies only have lateral or vertical attacks, making them easy to avoid. Some enemies also have vertical or lateral counters, meaning you can only pincer them in one direction if you cannot kill them before they counter. Your main team should have at least one spear, one sword, and one bow character. Do not try leveling up C or D rank monsters which are not part of your main team in metal zones (and any C or D rank monsters in your main team will be replaced anyways). Once you get B rank monsters, your team will have more flexibility and you can view what type of monsters (sword, bow, spear) are in the chapter and forming a team against it before entering. Always have at least one healer.

Part III: S/L
    If you force quit and restart the game, the game resets you to the beginning of the battle. You have to use this if you are non-IAP since it saves a lot of time and stamina. Note that this resets you to the beginning of the battle you were in, so if you had cleared three waves of monsters and were on the 4th battle, it would reset you to the beginning of the 4th battle, and any characters which were dead then would still be dead.

Part IV: Monster Farming/Pact of Fellowship
    If you rerolled for an SS and nothing else, eventually you should would one SS, one B bow/sword character which was your starting character, one B healer (Kuscah, only available RIGHT NOW for the release of the game), one B sword+lightning character (Ba'Gunar), and one S remedy user (Palpa, who is kind of useless). This means you need mages, a spear character, maybe another healer and maybe a bow character. This is where monster farming comes in. Every boss/monster in the early chapters is recruitable, and some in the later chapters are as well. You can do this by fighting the boss/monster until it drops, or, after completing the chapter the boss/monster is in, rolling in the Pact of fellowship for a chance of getting it. Here is a list of important early B-rank bosses/monsters, which should replace any C characters and also be used for matchup purposes in specific dungeons:

Spear

Lizardfolk Hero - 3-5
    Sabertooth King - 4-3
    Golem - 9-10
    Pegawyrm - Chapter 20 (dragon)

Sword

Beastfolk Hero - 3-5
    Cybergolem - 6-10
    Dark Pegawyrm - Chapter 20 (Dragon)

Bow

Whitewyrm - 5-10, more of a healer than bow attacker (only heals dragons)

Healing

Regencell - chapters 14 and 15, for example 14-6
    Whitewyrm - 5-10 (only heals dragons)

Mages

Mantledrake - 7-10, fire mage (dragon)
    Ice Cell - 15-10, ice mage

Complete list of farmable monsters found in link below
    http://www.terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-conolidated-farmable-monster-list.220/

The later bosses in chapter 21 and 28 are recruitable, and are A rank as opposed to the B rank monsters above. Also, since they give out free energy, you could also use that energy to roll as well, giving you better characters than the farmable monsters, maybe even a bow-type character, since there isn't a good B-rank bow monster other than whitewyrm, which is more of a healer.

Part V: Metal Zones
    Metal zones randomly open up each hour, and are how you level up lower level monsters (the rank B monsters you just farmed). Check http://www63.atwiki.jp/terrabattle-wiki/ for the times, including the times when the metal king, which gives a lot of exp, appears (note that the times are in JST). Please note that only monsters below the maximum level of the metal zone will receive exp. For example, metal zone 3 only gives exp to level 39 and under monsters. At this time, it is also recommended that you level up any C/D rank monsters with elemental abilities, since you likely won't have six B rank or higher monsters to level up. This is the "Pudding Time" team, which you will use to defeat the pudding time monsters. Ba'Gunar, since he is a lightning user, is part of your pudding time team.

Part VI: Hunting Zones
    Hunting zones are where you obtain job evolution materials. Check http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Hunting_Zone for the what days the hunting zones open and what they drop. The monsters in Pudding time can avoid physical attacks, which is why you need elemental monsters. You definitely want to get second and third jobs for your characters, since they provide more abilities and better stats.

Part VII: Boss Strategies/Team Positioning
    With S/L, you should be able to clear the first 17 chapters without needing boss-specific strategies. However, after that it gets harder. Some bosses in the first 17 chapters have weaknesses which make them easier to defeat. Check http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Bosses for these weaknesses. Pay attention to the 16-10 boss, who you will have to defeat with 1 HP to prevent him from using his "critical life drain" ability.
    For all boss battles it is recommend that power points be "stored" on the floors before the boss fight.
    Also, for chapter 7-10, the bosses spawn in the two locations in the picture below. The lava deals a huge amount of damage, so it helps to have two characters already set up.
    [​IMG]
    Chapter 18
    Chapter 18 is the first "hard" chapter due to its ridiculous number of traps. The biggest issue is that traps deal more damage every S/L you do, meaning you cannot abuse it like in earlier chapters. Instead, if you are in trouble, you may have to take a screenshot and give up. then reenter knowing where the traps/monsters are and how to position your team. The two most important levels are 18-5 and 18-10. 18-5 has a lot of traps. A guide is found here http://www63.atwiki.jp/terrabattle-wiki/pages/311.html, which shows the starting position for all the battles. The monsters can only attack laterally, meaning that you can trap them vertically, since no monster, including bosses, will go onto spike traps.
    In 18-10 there are three bosses.
    [​IMG]

The key to this battle is to abuse S/L, meaning you must avoid the spike traps at all cost. A full guide to beat 18-10 is seen here http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/beating-18-10-without-levitation-using-team-positioning.42/

Boss battle guides for chapter 20-29 are posted in the other threads

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. Bearauder

Bearauder Active Member

Thank you for the awesome info, btw here's what I rolled, which team do you think it's the best among?
    2) Bahl, Gaiga SS bow, Zan B sword
    3) Grace, Gaiga SS bow, Korin A sword
    4) Grace, Rikken SS bow, Nakupi A sword
    5) Grace, Czekras SS sword, Samupi A spear
    6) Bahl, Rikken SS bow, Kana A mage

Or, I should just re-roll again.....>.<

EDITED: Just gotten Bahl, Sampui & Piz fer, I guess this is the best team am I right?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  3. Terra battoru

Yes, any SS mage is good

4. kamikazechocobo

kamikazechocobo Member

Hi Terra battoru,

Awesome guide. I was wondering if you could help me with something.

My eyes are burning, my fingers are numb, and I can't seem to do basic arithmetic any more. Probably symptoms of rerolling for the past day.

I finally managed to get one decent SS pull (Rikken). I was wondering if Rikken is comparable to the SS mages in terms of overall usefulness and end-game viability.

I understand SS mages are super OP and really are the best way to go, but I'm trying to figure out if Rikken is a close second or if the gap differential is large enough to warrant rerolling again

5. Terra battoru

Rikken is good, it's just that mages are better than all the other SS. Did you check Fluffles' guide?.Her only issue is that she doesn't do elemental attacks, but she does have a heal all and can paralyze enemies. Also she's a bow type, and there aren't many good farmable bow monsters. I beat the game without using a single SS mage, so you don't need an SS mage, just makes battles easier.

6. Kyze

Kyze Active Member

I have completed the game without using any Mage too but it will definitely make your life easier :)

7. Bearauder

Bearauder Active Member

Question, can a non-IAP player get to the endgame?

8. Fluffles

Fluffles Active Member

You can make it there without more than 1 SS in your disposal, there's already a Chinese player that cleared all chapters with only Amina as their first roll.
    His team consisted of farmable dragons, MVP was white dragon with its full map heal for dragons.

9. Bearauder

Bearauder Active Member

Wow, sounds pretty cool.

Just rolled another SS (Lewto) mage with an A mage (A'merpact), seems like the A mage is pretty decent but on my other account, SS (Piz'fer) & A Sampuri which has versatility on 2nd (bow) and 3rd job (sword). Which is better?

10. Fluffles

Fluffles Active Member

Anything besides SS mages are hard to compare directly, especially when they're different dps types.
    Personally I'd go with A'merpact since it's ice and offers fire capsules, with Bahamut coming soon it will be useful. There's no way to tell how difficult it will be and how much you need to level up for it though. Of course you can just go with Piz'fer too, but having two elements will be useful in the future.
    Samupi is not bad, being able to cover all 3 weapon types makes him flexible, but he just has too many buffs that are way too limited for common use. All 3 of his attacks are not hard to get to and he has self attack ups along with time extension, so he's definitely not useless.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  11. Bearauder

Bearauder Active Member

How are the drop rates of boss?

Example the beastfolks from 3-5 and 4-3 boss.

Tujion likes this.
  12. Terra battoru

Not sure of the rates, but they are rare drops. Overall the only boss which dropped without farming for me was cybergolem, so I'd put the drop rate at probably 10% or less.

13. Kyze

Kyze Active Member

You can recruit bosses using the 3000 coins summon too.

14. Bearauder

Bearauder Active Member

Sad that s/l doesn't work on drops anymore....

15. azloki

azloki Active Member

did they fix it? I hear people said S/L is fixed, I m new cant confirm it.

16. Terra battoru

The fixed the drops. You can still S/L, just don't expect to get anything different.

17. Bearauder

Bearauder Active Member

Woot, finally got Sabertooth King.

18. Kyze

Kyze Active Member

Tested, S/L doesn't change the drops.

19. Xenocite

Xenocite Active Member

Oh, this is the first time I learned about S/L. Going to test it in Metal Zone to try and maximize my gains.

20. Brian

Brian New Member

Is samatha good enough?