Help) God-Tier list

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by micah koo, Oct 4, 2017.

1. micah koo

micah koo New Member

I want to know which Characters are called God-tier now??

If anyone can tell me, it would be alot helpful to newbie like me.

2. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

micah koo and Alcana like this.
  3. Alcana

Alcana New Member

Hi !

I recommend you to take a look at this post

https://terrabattleforum.com/threads/jars-of-feets-z-class-tier-list.11032/

This mentions the Z characters that are the strongest. Even if you get a Z on the lowest rank, this is still something really good for for you ! A "lower tier Z" is still one of the best character in the game.

It also depends what you are looking for. If you start, you might want to take a close attention to the holy trinity (strongest damage dealer on sword(bahl)/bow(snaip)/spear(ma'curi)). Those are B or A character and you will probably have at least one after 3 *10 pull. You can recode 2 of them. A recode means you get an evolved version of the character (starting level1) but waaayyyy stronger once they are max level.

I recommend you to check the wiki for any new character you get and see if you can recode them in the future.

http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Adventurers

I can still give you some exemples.

Healer B : kuscah or sorman. Both have heal all and heal*1.5

Healer SS becoming Z : amisandra and amina. Their recode are the best healer in the game also with heal all and heal*1.5

elemental mage A becoming SS: amerpact (ice) and daiana (fire). Their recode have some of the highest damage in the game even if they lack aoe.

You can also check the dps chart on this page

https://terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-classement-dégâts-dps-ranking.7906/page-14

Some character that are not "top tier" but everybody will recommend you to get at some point.

Characters you can get every week (still need a decent team to fight them) : Odin (spear) ,Leviathan(ice), Bahamut(fire),

Characters you can get with gold farm : You will need to be very patient here and farm a lot of gold... Because you will probably get every small monsters in the game before having a chance to get them. You can get Seiryu (darkness) which you can recode to get an even better version, or Invincible Z. You also have Suoh (a great sword character) and jaguna (a nice support character) once you recode them.

Just be carefull as you can get some characters only during special events (senala using energy and clara for free during vengeful heart) or in story/sidequest (mutoh/shinen)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    micah koo likes this.
  4. Alcana

Alcana New Member

micah koo likes this.
  5. micah koo

micah koo New Member

6. micah koo

micah koo New Member

Thanks for your kind reply.

I already saw posts that you linked, but Those post couldn't let me know lastest tier. So I asked here class tier again.

7. micah koo

micah koo New Member

I totally agree with you

8. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Tier lists tend to fluctuate based on what is happening in-game. For example, when Shin'en was yielding massive amounts of CT tickets, Mizell^ was the most in demand unit in the game, and due to her high matk/magic taps, was "god tier." Now that Shin'en is stingy (sorry, guys) and Nazuna has the same omicron, that use is not very relevant, so she's just top tier in a generalized sense.

Olber^ is top tier currently, because he's very useful in the newest endgame bosses (Sun and Moon King). Feno is top tier because she's the best unit (mage) in the current most-desired element (Lunar, because it/she makes farming SK for Royal Ringstone possible). Sayu is top tier for being the most important unit in defeating Mutoh. Bahl^ is top tier because she's the best physical unit, and makes physical runs that seemed impossible, possible. Schweiz is top tier because he has augment-all and CT+4.

Many people would say that the current overall champ is Tronic Gal, because she combines Schweiz's CT+4 and Augment-all with extremely high matk/mdef and has good DPS in both the new elements (making her the perfect tapper for both bosses).

Sorry for the wall of text; my main point in giving examples is that depending on what you're trying to do, different characters will be the "best" for that time period. If you're doing story mode, even a really good healer will help you immensely through the game.

micah koo likes this.
  9. Alcana

Alcana New Member

You are right, those posts have not been updated lately but most of it is still valid.
    I gave some examples of adventurers you are more likely to get and you will keep using most of the time(except B healers and maybe jaguna ^^) because I had no idea what was of your knowledge about the game and to get all the Z with enough skill boost you will probably need a lot of money (and patience for special energy events).

I hope you will get some good adventurers/companions !

Edit : I saw you got some nice starting team on an other subject ! (as mentionned you do not need amisandra at the start but later her recode will be much appreciated )

Some adventurers will probably stay forever at the top but 100% agree with you !

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    micah koo likes this.
  10. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Top tier:

-Tronic Gal/Feno/Ashe
    -Sayu/Myne
    -Any double tapper (Tronic,Schweiz,Peyrna,Annu)
    -Gegonago/Gatz/Olber
    -Amina/Amisandra
    -Mizell/Nazuna
    -Bahl/Snaip

Im excluding free units.

Moskentraumen likes this.
  11. The Duke

The Duke New Member

That Reddit List is... questionable.

12. Lilithsahl

Lilithsahl New Member

Hi there! I'm actually the author of that tier list.

It's been written with a lot of input from top players from both TBF and the Discord for r/TerraBattle. I'm sorry to hear you think it's questionable. Could you give me some specific points of criticism so I can incorporate it into future updates of the tier list? Thank you in advance! <3

13. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Simple put, I feel you are too liberal with your star ranking systems, or rather you're very unfocused and arbitrary with your rankings. I also feel that you are having a hard to ranking intangibles. Why put Leviathan up there with P'zfer? What separates them? Is Shin'en really a Rank-5 unit?

There are also contradictions in your rating system. For example, Maldor outpaces Jennish in DPS, but you ranked him as a 4.5 Unit and Jennish a 5. Your reasoning is he isn't a 100% Luck character and he doesn't have metabolic (which in it's self is very problematic skill). Yet you put Ma'curi as a 5 Star unit because he is the highest Spear DPS, yet he can't reach 100L without a very (uncommon) companion.

I feel you need to ask yourself, what truly is a 5-star unit? Is it a unit that is best of his/her class? Is it a unit that, if I'm starting off, I pull and use to the very end of the game. I think you need to decide whats also important in terms of mechanics/meta of the game. I know Terra Battle isn't as easy to rank as other games because there are so many varied fights that require a wide range of different units (and I appreciate you mentioning that).

14. Lilithsahl

Lilithsahl New Member

It's interesting you mention Leviathan vs Piz'fer. I originally had Leviathan as a 4 Star Unit until others on TBF (mainly @Rydia if my memory is correct) said they felt Leviathan ^ deserved a higher ranking as a result of being a fantastic Metal Zone carry as well as being accessible and legitimately good ice damage. (I also currently do not have a description written for Leviathan ^ to distinguish them from Piz'fer, which is mostly to do with my lack of time to fill out this tier list description-by-description--I work a full-time job.)

The idea of these star rankings is simple--as is the concept of a 5-star character. I addressed this a little in the beginning of the tier list. Do the characters do the best at what they do for their archetype? If they're not the best, how well do they do their job? Do they bring utility to the table that makes up for their lack of DPS? People have done sheer DPS tables before, and that's not what the point of the tier list is. If it's arbitrary, it's because it's not a hard presentation of DPS nor a point-by-point breakdown.

Ma'curi currently does the highest spear damage in the game and isn't yet outclassed by anyone else, and physical damage is currently a little more important in the endgame compared to lightning magic damage. (Unless recent DPS rankings state otherwise for spear units--the last ones I took a look at were for 4.7.0.) I originally had Maldor and Jennish in the same category until other TBF commentators objected--they'd rather pick Jennish ^ over Maldor because Jennish ^ is 100L.

It's possible I've overstacked the 5 Star List with characters by listening to others' criticism and input, especially for characters I personally do not own and have no experience with. For that, I'll freely own up to. :)

15. Rydia

Medals:
    Levi is a fantastic unit, lol

Do you want me to do a tier list guys?

:cat::cat::cat:

Moskentraumen and Lilithsahl like this.
  16. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Active Member

Rydia, please make a tier list. Maybe with 5-7 categories for some simplicity. Comments like availability or certain niche/special usage are helpful. Taps are somewhat outstanding.

I highly appreciate Lilithsahls efforts in creating this already awesome list. I share his point of view. 100L is better than some more dps imo. It is often not possible to „waste“ companion slots on panda.

Rydia likes this.
  17. Rydia

Medals:
    The problem of lilith list is she accepted input from many different people. Thats why the criteria looks inconsistent, because there are different reasons from different people for the tier list. If i do one will be very short with just the best characters of the game.

I gave a lot of input for her list myself, so many characters are going to be common.

Moskentraumen likes this.
  18. icehro

icehro Member

Who need a tier list ? Bahl^ and Mizell^ are THE solution ! (Just -half- kidding)

Some months ago (Well just 2 months ago) I was a long time noob player; And I learned SOOO much things in just 2 months, and to start with : Very usefull characters.

Before explaining I just want to go back on Lilith Ranking : (Just to be okay since the start : Jaguna (NOT LAMBDA) is trash)
    * Marcus : Marcus is... MW bullies new character. He doesn't have the same MATK as Feno but he is her version in Sun (Logic). HE is THE unit against MK but if you use him it just pop high version of MK (LOGIC). He shines against Moon type unit but uhm that's not possible lol., That's why I'd put him either in 4 or 4 1/2
    * Peyrna : (I totally agree with his ranking, just need to add he (Edit : She... sorry I can't believe it's a girl lol) has x4 augment taps)
    * Yuyu^ : YEAH TOTALLY 5* (And waifu)
    * Suoh^ : 4 1/2 ? Can you explain me why he is not 5* ? I mean he is free an dhe is always in my team to deafeat Shin'en or PDK and some events. (Personnal view but he should be 5*)
    * Arionne : 3* => Thank you ! She deserves 3* at least ^^
    * Nia^ : Sorry I'm going to be a little mad here "...Bombmaker? This character is just so bizarre." Ehh ? I think this chaarcter is very versatile can shine in bomb destroyer, support/healer + Revival, and Freq up. If it wasn't a free character i'd be honest : that wouldn't value her. But she is free so it's worth. (At least 4*)
    * Haru-chan : *Pray* Sorry Haru. You are just... bad. Sorry >:
    * 36AIS : At least I'd make her 3* because survival potential
    * Morgana : Welcme to MW non-sense : A character usefull for newbies BUT only accesible if you're (near) done with story ! Nice !
    * Shay : AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU DESERVE YOUR 1* RANK.. wait you're 2 ? wow seems okay

(Special case that I'm not too sure : Clara^ - Why Clara^ is only 4* ? She deserves 4 1/2, especially if you put Ma'curi in 5*. She has A LOT of spear skills (But no ATK +) she can be 'very' usefull if you need DPS.

---

Okay that's done, sorry it was long lol

Well
    To answer this I should first separate characters

* Pure Physical DPS :
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    => If you're searching for main weapons : Sword / Bow / Sword(Negate Circle, self) / Spear. Although in end game content the most powerful DPS need to be bring regardless of their weapons

* Pure Non-Elemental DPS :[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Invicible
    => I separate Non-Elemental Mage because they are a litlle different from others mage. Mizell is Queen DPS along with Senala. Invicible has nice damage but I use him here because he have a strong survivability against the 4 basic elements.

* Pure Magical DPS :
    [​IMG] : [​IMG] [​IMG]
    => ABSOLUTLY needed for Sun King. Tronic is Limited-character, she make your life easier for MK but not mandatory. (PS : Do not forget they are strong against Fire)

=> Usefull for Moon King. But using them for this quest will pop MK Lv. 99. Use them if you're prepare to a strong fight. (PS : Do not forget they are also strong against Ice)

=> ABSOLUTLY needed for Mutoh. Primary Mage is Sayu with a lot of Photon attack. Senala is like Tronic a limited-character and make your life easier but not mandatory. (PS : Do not forget, they are also strong against Darkness)

[​IMG] : [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    => Graviton is like Sun units they didn't especially shine in a certain fight. But they can make your life easier in RDK. Shin'en & Mutoh are not available in Pact, please consider to recruit them by their quest. (PS : Do not forget, they are also strong against Lightning)

[​IMG] : [​IMG] Maldor
    [​IMG] : [​IMG] [​IMG] (=> Recode version)
    => First character of each 4 basic elements are called Zmage and have powerfull damage + AOE. Very strong when you want to clear Weekly Challenge or any maps with mobs. Other characters are alternative choice or other powerfull units that can help in BLO/Eidolon fight.

* Taps Characters
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    => Characters who have that shining and powerful things called taps.

* Impair Characters
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Haruhikari, Scarlet (OIII), Violet (OIII)
    => Impair are reducing ennemies stats (Phy, Mag, MDEF, DEF)

* Support/Heal
    [​IMG] /Mover : [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    => CT +4 (Except Nazuna). I didn't write all CT+4, but those who are more likely to be your mover in most situation.

[​IMG] : [​IMG] [​IMG] ,[​IMG] [​IMG]
    => They have powerfull heal (Olber heal are fixed to 3000 if you choose to use both skill. 2000 If you choose only one)
    [​IMG] : [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    => They have a lot of usefull skills sure as Stealth, Evasion or Extand chain

Bonus Rewards : [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    => Yuyu & Sam have Negociator which help to recruits units(More powerfull on Yuyu). Gatz & Alika have Treasure Hunter which help with items

=> Note : for Taps I didn't say "Use them" I just listed all Taps/Impair characters. Your choice to use them along with other criteria in my list.

that was long but here it is ! If I forget sthg just say it ~~

I still miss Haru, Invi^ & Maldor icon >...<

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:27 AM
    Sean Bond likes this.
  19. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

When creating a tier list, I suppose it's also important to note how to judge the character. For example, Sayu and Mogha are theoretically equals to each other. But realistically, Sayu is much more desirable than Mogha, since A) you NEED her for Mutoh, but you don't need Mogha for anything; B) there are Graviton characters that can be Mogha alternatives, no such Photon characters for Sayu.

20. icehro

icehro Member

I agree with you, you need Sayu. That is why I write in capital letter "Absolutely". I also make sure to note Graviton are not shining in a special fight like Photon which shine against IDK / Mutoh.

First edition of my Tier List was without him because well you don't need him. Shin'en was enough for me to help against RDK ^^' I listed Violet, Shin'en & Mutoh before him to show that there's some other solution. Sayu can't be replaced, Senala is not enough because her MDEF is selfish and she doesn't have caps

I don't know if you were saying this to my tier list particulary but I didn't want to make a proper reflexion on each character that would be too long for a post. I listed top-priority character as first one on each categories (Feno for Moon, Mizell for Non-Elem etc...) Except Taps & Support