Help with my team (and maybe choose a lancer)

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Dollmaster, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Dollmaster

Dollmaster New Member

Hi! I have been playing for a while now, and recently reincoporated with the Pc version of the game.

My main theme in this moment is.

-Korin ^
    -Lunato
    -A'merpact
    -Kem
    -Amina

All of them between lvl 70-80
    I usually swap some of them beetwen Neo Bahamut (still haven't manage to get his 3rd jog), Nia 3er job (I just use her for kind of sentimental attachment and because she's cute lol)

There are other optional charas, but I don't know which ones are a better choice to change the current ones.

-A'misandra, Bajanna, Gatz, Reijin, Gaiga, Sh'Berdan ^.

(sorry for my broken english, btw)

Rydia likes this.
  2. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

You should work on recoding Gatz, he ll be your strongest asset. Also you didnt mention which starter you got: if it s bahl, you should work on recoding as well, she s the best physical character, we re all using her.

Rydia likes this.
  3. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

TB is all about variety and using the best units for a particular situation. To that end there isn't a best party or a single party that will take you through all content, although there are a few core characters that usually show up. Almost any party will be able to handle the story chapters up to Ch. 30 at which point there are some better characters that will handle the rest (you can still clear the story with a low power team if you're smart,careful and have patience).
    I'm only going to list the recoded versions of the characters (name ends with a ^) as the base characters aren't really what you want anymore. For the purposes of this review 'end game' will refer to anything that's not a story chapter and is above Lv65 difficulty.

Amina^/A'misandra^ - Top tier healers and the best in the game at what they do... which is heal. They also both have Extend Chain which, when mastered, increases you ability to pincer. Between the two I'd say A'misandra^ has the edge since she is usable in Jr Cup and has skills that make Lamia and Phoenix easier to beat (Amina^ is cuter though).
    Gatz^ - One of the best characters in the game. Good sword damage, Levitation All , Panacea, Augment ATK, Treasure Hunter. He's loaded with skills and they're almost all good. He should be one of your top priorities and will be part of many of your teams just for the Augment skill.
    Palpa^ - I know she's there. We all have her and you do to. At first glance she appears to have a terrible skill set... and you're right. She's terrible. EXCEPT when you recode her she also gets a an augment skill identical to Gatz's (although he learns it at a lower level). Augments will stack up to +200% of the stat being buffed (atk in this case) and each augment increases the stat by 30%. This means you can nearly triple your entire party's attack for a single turn. Add in a Power Point for +50% damage on top of that and watch the damage soar through the roof.
    A'merpact^ - One of the strongest ice mages in the game and the hardest hitting against bosses. Only Piz'fer^ is his equal, but where as Piz'fer has more area coverage with his spells and some utility skills A'merpact hits harder. Fire resistance capsules will help against Bahamut and Bahamut (Eidolon).
    Sh'berdan^ - Not bad, but not great. Since his inception he's been split between lightning, shadow and physical damage so he doesn't excel in any one field. Sh'berdan^ is stronger with physical, but has a higher MATK and lacks a decent number of physical skills to give him a place in end game. However, Teraspear, 3 Columns is incredible in the story and for item farming.
    Korin^ - Korin is a support character for sword units and will buff all sword users with increased attack, defense and even skill frequency (like Gatz^). In addition, his Sword Synergy skill is actually pretty great. His only weakness is that he scales very poorly in end game and it's usually better to just bring another heavy hitter. Great against Artemis, but not much else.
    Kem^ - A mirror image of Korin except Kem supports spear units.
    Rejin^ - Good old Rejin^. Was a time when no other character in the game was more hated than this guy. His sword damage is so-so, but his real power is in his status skills. He eventually gets 3 status skills that hit 3 columns around him when he pincers. In PvP this was the worst (still is in some cups), but fails to find use in end game as all bosses are immune to his status skills and most boss adds are as well. Even in Lamia it's better to just bring a poisoner.

Wait a second. We're missing someone. You should have started the game with...
    Grace^ - Once a dragonslayer, but now just a really good bow unit. Grace^ improves upon the original with more attack, more skills and more area bow attacks. She's pretty darn good.
    --or--
    Bahl^ - The reigning queen of big white numbers. Bahl^ is the single hardest hitting physical character in the game and one of the best recodes around. Her base form was a member of the Holy Trinty (along with Sn'aip and Ma'curi) where she was 3rd strongest, but now she's better than Sn'aip^ and Mac'rui doesn't have a recode yet. Along with excellent attack skills she also has Physical Damage x1.5. This is a stacking buff (up to four stacks so x3 damage) that is calculated separate from her attack stat. This means you can tap six times with Gatz^ and Palpa^ to triple her attack stat and, if you have 2 stacks of PD x1.5, you can double pincer to add two more stacks to triple her damage on top of that. I'm not kidding when I say she can hit for over 30k with a single skill. She's very strong and hopefully you pulled her. Grace^ is good, but Bahl^ is the queen.

The following characters have no recode and have very specific value or none at all.
    Lunato - Poor man's Olber. Lunato is a defensive type who's primary value is Evasive Arts, Area (2) (makes physical skills miss) and Expand Power Gauge, but the latter isn't all that great. It just lets you store a 4th power point and doesn't actually increase the speed at which they spawn. His spear damage is low as well.
    Bajanna - Mediocre spear unit with so-so damage, but can still be useful with her Coin Bonus skill. You know when you kill multiple enemies in a single turn and each enemy killed gives more and more experience? +10%, +20%, +30% and so on? Coin Bonus gives you that bonus, but for coins on top of the exp bonus so you get both. It's great for helping you finish the Pact of Fellowship, but there are two issues with the skill. First, Bajanna must be in the pincer that starts the chain of deaths although she doesn't have to actually kill all of them. Just being in the party isn't enough. Second, there is a companion called Lucky Coin that also gives you this bonus that appeared in the Trading Post so it's possible it'll show up again. Once you have the companion Bajanna is no longer needed (but her art is still great).
    Gaiga - Poor Gaiga. One of the best art designs with one of the worst skill sets in job 3... It seems you're lacking shadow damage, so she might be useful, but overall she's one of the weakest characters in the game. Death seems great, at first, but it hits so infrequently that you can't rely on it and if you can't rely on it it might as well not be there. Her MATK is lower than Sh'berdans^ even though she's higher class.

TrueShadow and Rydia like this.
  4. Dollmaster

Dollmaster New Member

Thanks for your reply guys!

Sorry, I complety forgot about the first main. I got both, Grace and Bahl (without the recode) don't remember which I got first, but the one that I have been leveling the most is Grace, trying to beat the bahamut ultra without any sucess.

5. Bad_Alchemy

Bad_Alchemy Member

Your main team should be:

Amina, Bahl, Gatz, Korin^, A'merpact, your choice of physical damage, Kem/Grace etc. This will get you through the story.

You should focus on recoding Gatz asap. Once Gatz & Bahl are recoded, they make for a very powerful DPS combo. Korin and another Physical damage dealer will benefit with physical Taps from Gatz^. If you are missing a monster for Gatz, a Joker will do.

To get through the special challenges, you need the right team. Focusing on the team I suggest will really help you but utlimately Bahl and Gatz are your best units.