Help with squad

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Yanyo, Mar 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Yanyo

Yanyo New Member

So im started playing yesterday and I'm at chap.5 and im noticing that it has taken me a much more time to complete it than other, does that mean that i suck. My squad consist of Metupi the Muscular lvl15, Grace lvl14, Ba'gunar the highborn lvl7, healer lvl13, knight lvl13, and O'pari the blitzer lvl10. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. Caraquena

Caraquena Active Member

There's a "Guide to Forum Guides" here which is a good place to start: http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/forum-guides-directory.9105/

At least read the first two about pincer attacks and skill-boosting.

It is recommended that you restart the game (uninstall/reinstall/start again) repeating the tutorial until you manage to pull a good SS character with your first 5 energy: preferably one of the SS/Z mages (Lewto, Piz'fer, Jennish or Zerro) but there are a number of other very good SS too.

Chapter 5 is feeling harder to you in part because most floors have a lot of enemies but also as levels get higher you need to start working on increasing skill boost so your skills trigger more often and also unlock jobs 2 & 3 for your characters to increase strength and skills. A large amount of grinding is necessary for skill-boosting and to get the items necessary for jobs.

Your current characters are not very good. O'pari might seem strong right now, but that is because his skills have a high % so they trigger more frequently than other brand-new units. He's actually one of the weakest units.

3. Kouromaro

Kouromaro Active Member

Honestly speaking, I can't remember what it feels like back at chapter 5. Perhaps a few players here who had cleared the game twice or three times could answer that.

But I could speak a little about your team and give some advices.

• In the early game where you don't have adventurers (B class and above characters with jobs, name and title), I think your should use your energy to draw more characters. Every 8 days you would get 5 energy from consecutive login bonux to draw characters, so use it until you have a solid squad. The first ten days login bonus also give you plenty of energy.
    • For monster that fill in the slots you don't have adventurer yet, try getting non-staff elemental ones. Their skills are usually a little bit more powerful and has much higher activation rate during the early part of the game. They are also more defensively balanced, so they will survive both physical and magical enemy well. Overall they are more reliable than non-elemental or staff elemental monsters.
    • Use Hunting Zone and Metal Zone to unlock all jobs for all adventurers and level the jobs to get more skills. At chapter 5 I recommend unlock job 2 and level up so that you can equip one more attack skills and have a better job. By chapter 6, you could unlock job 3, get all jobs to 20 so you can equip even more skills. Non-Z-class characters gain skill slot at level 20 and skills at level 15, 35, 70. I recommend leveling your character's highest job to match the difficulty of the stage you are fighting against.
    • Chapter 6 drops Metal Ticket which could be used to level up your character in the Arena's metal zone at any hour.
    • Also at chapter 6, try to get a Mech Orbling so that it can help with Metal Zone 1. Same story for Mothbot in chapter 11.
    • Read the wikia for more info and understand how the game works. http://terrabattle.wikia.com/.
    • There is a pretty neat schedule feature at tbs.desile.fr. They have much more. But at this early stage you should only care about the schedule for now.
    • A few members here have really helpful game mechanics link in their signature like @Tharos. Give those a read once you have a good hang of the game.
    I trust more people here would give even better advises than I do.

4. Yanyo

Yanyo New Member

Thanks im still getting the hang of it and i don't really wish to restart the game

5. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Honestly, you don't need to restart the game. There are enough chances to get free energy from events, giveaways, chapter clears and *ugh* PVP that you'll be drawing plenty of adventurers left and right. You can also buy some energy. At first, I would use whatever energy you come across until you have 6 adventurers and you can replace healer and knight. After you're outfitted with a solid team (I used King Bag straight up to chapter 20 something) you should save up energy for draw events at the tavern where you spend 50 energy at once and you're guaranteed 2 rank S adventurers or higher.

Story mode is pretty easy and by the time you get to some of the more challenging chapters you'll most likely have pulled a good healing adventurer. Some of the arena challenges may be a bit hard early on, but they're still doable and you can get some strong characters with each event. Grace makes two of the descend events (Bahamut and Leviathan) super easy and both Bahamut and Levi can later be re-coded into powerful casters.

6. Yanyo

Yanyo New Member

Also about companions should i hold the metal minions till i get better companions or should just use them

LegendaryFrog likes this.
  7. LegendaryFrog

I tend to use them during the bonus events, but then I have a pretty solid amount of companions so I can afford to wait. It might not be a bad idea to level up some attack, buff and healing companions for use during the story (I don't think status companions are worth it though). I went through the story without any companions so any additional Silver Swords, Healing Rods or Bewitching Bows you have will make it that much easier.

8. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Active Member

Pretty much all important stuff is covered. I highly recommend you visit the chat and ask for co-op matches when you finished stage 6-8 which should be the one to therefore host. You do 20 matches with different players to obtain valuable energy (up to 15!! --> equals 3 pulls from PoT) and metal tickets. Besides, you can see how experienced players move and pincer. Ask for 6-8 FCB - first contact bonus.

As mentioned, get 6 adventurers as fast as possible, then start saving energy. If you get a healer or a mage early on, it is fine, but dont panic if you dont pull them now. There will be plenty of opportunities.

Also, dont spend your gold yet for otomos (=companions), but save it to unlock all jobs for your adventurers. Then have some fun on metal zone! =)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  9. Yanyo

Yanyo New Member

The chat like in-game or the forums?

10. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Active Member

Of course Forums

there is a ingame chat? :eek:

11. Yanyo

Yanyo New Member

Guess not xD

12. Caraquena

Caraquena Active Member

In my opinion it's worth it to restart since they just changed it so new players get a real healer (Amina SS) instead of the junk "C" healer. Amina is considered the worst of the 3-job healers but she is still much better than the default healer. And the login bonuses over the first 10 days include all of the items necessary to unlock all 3 of her jobs...

Sean Bond and Moskentraumen like this.
  13. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I'm generally against restarting as well (I didn't get first SS for a looooooooong time, so clearly it's not completely necessary), but @Caraquena makes a good point. Passing on a free SS healer + all her job unlock items isn't ideal, either.

If you're not willing to do that, though, no big deal. Are you spending money in-game? If so, I'd grab 50 (or however much you need to buy to have 50 total) energy and spend it on the "Pull 10 event" going on right now. I spent 50 energy yesterday, got two SS and two S (pretty solid). It's a good way to ensure you have some endgame tier units. If you're not spending money, no worries; as others have said, save your energy until you have enough to make a pull or two from Pact of Truth; don't waste energy on extra turns. I went through most of the current chapters without any particularly great units, and my healer was either the C healer or Kana for more than half the game (then I got Sorman, the B class healer). A couple of good S or SS units will blow the game open for you, but they're not absolutely necessary.

14. Kouromaro

Kouromaro Active Member

If I were to grab 50 energy, I would restart the game, get Amina, then spend the 50 energy :p
    It is not like you are restarting to exploit the free energy system to get better starter characters. You simply realize you started the game too soon and miss that bonus that you could have gotten, so you sacrificed your one week progress to grab that healer.

15. Sean Bond

Yeah, that definitely works too. I don't place an enormous amount of value on Amina, but that certainly would be the ideal route. But if TC doesn't want to restart, I definitely get that; I never had the drive to re-roll like so many people on this forum (which is why I started out with garbage characters).

16. LegendaryFrog

Amina isn't the best, but she was actually my healer for all of story mode (I pulled her 3rd or 4th when I started the game). I used her so much I got her to 100% SB without doing any actual SB grinding so I know she's a good healer even if she doesn't have Heal, All or Heal x1.5. She takes a bit more effort to fully utilize since she only heals who she's chained with, but when she does heal she heals hard. IF you're going to restart now would be an ideal time to do so.

*Edit* I'm still hoping she gets a re-code of some kind.

17. Sean Bond

Oh, no doubt there; I went through half the game with Kana, and then switched to Sorman. Amina is very solid, just not the best. I mostly meant that if you're far enough along that you don't wanna start over, I wouldn't miss her that much.