How good is Macuri?

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by randomname123, Jun 24, 2016.

1. randomname123

randomname123 Member

I heard that he is one of the highest physical damage dealers but was wondering, does he beat Koko^? I also have Lewtwo to benefit doubly from her capsules. Not sure how effective that is but then that means I'd need to have Lewtwo in my comp where I could have another DPSer with Macuri.

2. Nyquist

Nyquist Active Member

Macuri is a pretty amazing character. His issues lie with his capacity of remaining alive since he is so fragile. He is among the best. Later chapters are very magic resistant, especially post 30. As far I believe there are but a few endgame dungeons that resist physical damage. Off the top of my head I think only some story bosses resist them. I personally used only physical damage most of the game and not once had I ever hit a roadblock. I would go with macuri and koko both. There is no reason. Macuri will be easier to level compared to koko.

3. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

How good? Big Mac is part of the Trinity. You'll likely use him a lot more than half of your gold cards. Just max him out, put a good healer on his back and let him loose on the chapters and most of the events...he cut through them like a hot knife through butter.

4. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

Together with bahl and snaip he's part of the Holy trinity in this game. You can find many dps compares here in this forum most say that other units can deal more damage than macuri but that's only true if you have a "perfect" team and want to one shot enemies with high defense.

When you go for macuri (or snaip and bahl) and pincer well with them their damage is incredible. They all have a damage x1.5 ability, which stacks additive.
    That means, when you position your units well and make sure you make macuri attack at last, you can multiply his damage with 3-4.

You don't need to be afraid of leveling a character you'll never use in endgame. There are everytime events where macuri shines.

For the story: of course Mac has less health and defense than other units but a dead unit can't do any damage and since Mac is able to kill most of the normal once in 1 turn it shouldn't be a problem

5. hao.n

hao.n New Member

Is there a general consensus of which is better of the two, Macuri or Snaip?

6. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

I believe the last DPS ranking and calculations I saw had Ma'curi at the top.

7. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

Macuri is better except the enemies are spear

8. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

While Ma'curi is technically the top of the DPS charts for PVE, Sn'aip has some advantages. For one, he has more HP and DEF than Ma'curi, which makes him sturdier. Also, in PVP, Sn'aip has the CoC advantage over Ma'curi, so he is definitely the most important of the 3 when it comes to PVP.

9. Anklas

Anklas Member

Mac, S'naip and Bahl carried the whole story mode for me so far so yeah. If you take your time to look at some TB vids Mac is in a majority of them if the person in question is running a physical party. Even if every other party member is a Z class good old Mac is still there showing people how it's done. If there's one bad thing to be said about him is that he's made of paper.