How lucky are you? Let's talk about the new Luck system.

Discussion in 'General' started by Jmchang, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Claywtf

Claywtf Active Member

But thats exactly whats going to happen ...

Bare and Sean Bond like this.
  2. Xenocite

Xenocite Active Member

And I thought I was done farming Pig Snouts. Looks like I'll be farming 35-8 for a long time.

3. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I think that's the point of the re-recoding and PoF. MW may very well have doubled energy/coin requirements for completing the Pacts without doubling the roster. The announcement also said that not all adventurer ranks can get to 100% luck so maybe some will require less energy than others, but then you have to consider how the bonus stats will scale once max luck has been reached and what the energy>luck>stats ratio will be.

In the end though... luck = energy = $$$$.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  4. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

What about other capturable characters, like monsters from maps or Odin/Levi/Baha/Lucia/Golem?

5. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

My opinion on this is they should of just made luck a new additional stats that go up with level instead we have to grind for them which is bad for players who finish pof .
    Not sure if this is mentioned.
    Just checked the scan of the new update and I noticed on the pic with Samantha. The luck stats don't seem to use decimal numbers. So it might be easier to grind luck than SB which does use decimal numbers.

6. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

Ok, I think I finally understand how this is going to work and it's terrible. I don't like the luck system at all.

7. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

So they got tired of hardcore players skill boosting their adventurers until they were out of POT and pulling using free energy and getting every single adventurer without spending a single coin, so they implemented another way to force users to spend energy now with this ridiculous system.

Unless there is a way to get luck on certain specific key characters you always use and avoid the rest of useless adventurers, I plan on skipping this system altogether, but surely MW will find one way or another to force players to get it. I have to add I hate this system, but maybe is not that bad, or maybe is worse, time to wait and see.

8. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

I'd say it's too soon to use the term "hate" or anything similar at this point. I'll take a wait and see approach. And give MW the benefit of the doubt...

doodootron likes this.
  9. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

There is... re-recoding. If you have an adventurer you want to LB you just recoded them using their base adventurer, then pull them again from the PoT. If you have the PoT completed you're guaranteed to get that adventurer. Then you level them up to 80/80/80 (using the PDZ) and recode again! SB affects LB in some way so a 100% SB'd adventurer might equate to a 100% LB'd recode, though I'm certainly unsure how accurate that statement is since the system isn't out yet.

My guess is the top LB'd characters will be Seiryu^, Jaguna^, Chamillia^, Suoh^ since they are 'easy' to get from the PoF (although that will be expensive as hell to keep recoding and leveling them). Ami'sandra^/Amina^, Gego^ will also be popular since the tops healers just makes good sense and Gego^ is... well he's Gego^ so yeah. It probably won't make much sense to LB everyone even for the extra stats. Personally, I'll be staying far away from the new pacts and won't work on LBing the above characters until after I complete the PoT.

10. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

Thanks to waifu i beleive here is the images for luck
    http://imgur.com/a/rJLSp

Some things i got form google translate.
    Recodes transfer 100% luck from adventure and 20% from monsters
    for pol pulls(which require energy) 1% A, 5% s/ss, 6% Z
    on stages more then 8 stamina you can get between .1 and .3 % with the amount inceaseing the higher stamina the stage is.

The dragon kings have luck drops now too so farm other things right now instead of dragon kings if you still doing them.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  11. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

The problem with Camillia^ and Suoh^ is that they require those super obnoxious pig noses to recode, with their 5% drop rate (Which is probably why MW did that in the first place, knowing that luck was coming soon). Unless we get a better way to farm snouts, it's hard to imagine getting either of those guys max luck anytime soon.

doodootron and LegendaryFrog like this.
  12. limitbereaker

This feel like one if those new game +
    And I never liked those features.
    Especially for a game that require a lot of grinding.
    I probably stick to SBing and grind luck if the new content require that specific unit.

13. Jmchang

Jmchang Member

Update from the Experiment Stream 16:

Some of the systems are changed since the last official stream. Base on the general reception, it's good to see MW back paddles a bit.

[​IMG]
    The Max Luck for A class and below is 50, S and SS class is 70, Z and Λ is 100.
    In Exp stream 17, this is changed to A class and below is 70, S and SS class is 80, Z and Λ is 100.

[​IMG]
    Same as before.
    Interestingly, chest c and both Luck80 and Luck100 chest all would drop SpinetrichΛ. So we know some character could be found in chests.

[​IMG]
    Luck could (randomly) increase after battle!! @jarsoffeet is right, MW do allow players to "farm" luck if they choose to do so. After each stage, there will be a RNG to determine if luck will increase at all, after you pass the first RNG (0.1 increase), a second RNG will determine if you can get the next increment, and so on and so forth. I'm not sure if the inner working of the RNG is important to us regular players, but maybe @Tharos and @fhs would find it useful.

You could gain from 0.1 to 0.3 luck increase per stage, the stage with higher the stamina cost would give you a better chance to increase luck (stages with stamina cost LESS THEN 8 will not increase luck.)

Note: This is the first time we see luck could increase in 0.1 increment, up until now Luck had always been displayed as whole number.

[​IMG]
    Capture a Λ character when you already have that Λ character will increase luck by 1 and 3~5% SB each time. @Sharrax non Λ character will only get the SB increase like before.

[​IMG]
    DNA re-recode will boost the resulting character's luck by 5, plus 100% of the base character's luck and 20% of the monster's luck. Very similar to what happen to SB during recode.

note: quick calculation on getting 1 character to 100 luck through DNA re-recode, let's suppose both monsters are class A or under (non-Λ), and the base character has 0 luck.
    You will gain 5 + (50 + 50) * 20% = 25 luck per re-recode. Each recode will cost you 20000 coin (recode cost) + (2+ (50 + 50)/5)*3000 coin (getting monsters back and raise their luck to 50 each) + 30000 coin (unlocking J2 and J3) = 116000 coins. Doing it 4 times will need 464000 coins + 20 energy (to pull base character back) + materials + exp to LV 80 on all 3 jobs and the 2 monsters(4 times as well). Worth it?

More detailed calculations are here:
    http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/complete-pact-of-fate-of-fellowship-with-coins.11371/

[​IMG]
    Pact of Fate has been changed as well. It'll still have 2 options (Pact of Fate of Truth and Pact of Fate of Fellowship), but now you will only gain LV and Luck (+5 per dupe) when pulling dupes(no SB), and Maxed Luck characters will be eliminated from the pool.
    Furthermore, the stats bonus system will not be implemented in 4.2.0. Sakaguchi said stats bonus might comeback in the future as a reward for defeating certain quests, so it might not be linked to the luck system anymore.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There are 2 more page of what's inside of the Luck Treasure Chests, the contents shouldn't be that hard to figure out (most are existing items), and I really need to get some food quickly. So please allow me to skip them for now.

With all those new(ish) info, are you satisfied? Have you change your opinion for this coming update, which might drop on the 25th, but it's not a firm date as I understand it, for better or for worst? Please share your thought.

Edit Note: updated with Exp stream 17 info

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Umowoïs, Kupo, Samba and 3 others like this.
  14. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

Thanks for translation.

In the end, current Terra Battle didn't need an extra convoluted system.

Just more content.
    Both Casual (like The Last Story) and Hardcore (Dragon Kings).

15. limitbereaker

After reading jmchang post I feel by the time I get a decent luck team TB be cancelled by then...

16. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be so bad if they retroactively gave LUCK to old characters.

All my recoded and 100% SB adventurers feels like wasted time now because of a new system...
    It's pretty much a veterans nightmare.

Not worth quitting because gameplay is still great, but unneeded system for sure.

17. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

How do we increase luck for characters like Odin^ and other descents? They aren't in PoT, they do not drop anywhere and you can only recode them, but for that you need to get specific monster from 2nd map of that descent. Maybe recoded descends will drop from new dungeons?

18. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

Baha /\ is in the drop tables in the image dump.

19. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

Well, that's nice. But those dungeons will be super-extremely hard, so grinding will be easier.

20. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

Dumb. Time to LB in Kinos I guess.

wrongnotes likes this.