How to fix the Terra Battle Problem: propositions for TB 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Claywtf, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Claywtf

Claywtf Active Member

First of all, I would like to lay down some basic conclusions and propositions for TB 3:

- TB 2 has been an utter failure and should be totally forgotten, almost everything about it was sh*t
    - Not too many resources should be spent on Terra Wars, Mistwalker has to focus all of its attention and energy on TB 3
    - Mistwalker needs games that will motivate players to spend money on the gatcha, but most players have burnt out on TB 1 even though many still love the game
    - So make TB 3 a direct sequel to TB 1
    - Keep all of the popular characters of TB 1 in TB 3, we dont need new boring generic ones like those of TB 2
    - Continue the stoy of TB 1 in TB 3
    - Let TB 1 end with one final battle or some other event, where we dont know what happens to most of the characters, so that there can be comebacks in TB 3
    - Because of recoding, the gender, race and other attributes are all relative in the TB universe, so Olber could come back as a female, Palpa could come back as a grandma, and so on and so on, the possibilities are almost endless
    - Keep the dark atmosphere of part one, dont turn it into some sh*tty pokemon
    - keep the gatcha fair like in part one
    - Try to make PVP and co-op better
    - Add new stuff to the game mechanics

Do you agree? What are your ideas? What kind of changes would you like to see implemented in TB3?

Feel free to make comments.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  2. Gujiniuniu

Gujiniuniu Active Member

I agree popular characters can make a comeback in future games; that's always fun for me, and it was fun for me when they gave us a new Samatha in TB2. But I would not like it if they literally copied those characters into future games like how they handled the recent TB2 collab characters. TB1/TB2 characters should have something unique about them if they appear in other games like a different lore/art, similar to the way Haruhikari was handled in TB1 and Samatha in TB2.

However, I don't agree with making TB3 a direct continuation of TB1 (very vast timeskip where the main characters are different but the universe is the same is somewhat more acceptable, though). Everyone likes and wants to keep the mechanics of TB1, saying how certain elements of TB1 should have been in TB2, but I don't want other games to be literally TB1 with a different story. I don't want it to be TB1 with added features. What's the point of making the same game with a different title and some added things when you can just add to the original game? That's what made TB2 at least somewhat fun: it had the same basic elements of TB1, but it was made different and distinguishable from TB1.

TrueShadow and claude like this.
  3. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

Scrapping the franchise and starting something new would probably help out Mistwalker more.

People just don't care about "Terra Battle" anymore after the fiasco.

4. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

They should focus on a The Last Story HD remaster, Terra Battle 1 should keep going as well, terra wars and terra battle 3 should be scrapped, they just screw up too hard on terra battle 2.

5. haloo

haloo Member

Please don't shut down TB1, I've just started grinding LB for a month :)

Joe and Claywtf like this.
  6. claude

claude Active Member

TB3 should be a completely different game compared to TB1. Everything you said about TB3 should stay with TB1. It makes no sense to have a sequel to any gatcha game, period. Do you want to have spent thousands of dollars in one game and then the developer comes up with a sequel and all your efforts became nothing?? It’s almost laughable when guchi said he’s gonna make TB universe be like the FF series. With that being said, MW should just keep TB1 and keep on producing more contents for it. Maybe make TB3 a console game, def a big no no if it’s another mobile game like TB2, doesn’t matter what kind of improvement they make, unless you can port over your progress from TB1 to TB3, but then again, back to square one, they could just make TB1 better...

cjguitarman, Claywtf and TrueShadow like this.
  7. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

What ^ said. Having a sequel for a mobile game is a terrible idea. Why not just add to the TB1 game itself?

Anyway, while TB2 did a lot of things wrong, namely clunky map and overly complicated equip systems, the one thing it did right was spellblades not sucking ass. If MW insisted on the warrior/spellblade/mage/support classifications, I'd rather they make spellblades like TB2 or nerf mages (like, making their skills NOT activate on pincers?).

Equipments boosting skill ranges is also a nifty idea, so I'd like that to make a return in some form as well.

And lastly, of course finite gacha is a special thing of TB1, and TB2 not having it is what enrages the fans. If they want to have inifnite gacha, better make Energy farmable in some form or have another way to obtain pact characters.

Claywtf likes this.
  8. Christian

Christian Active Member

bring the TB1 save file to TB3 save file and continue the story with upgraded graphic ....it would be perfect.