How to use TB in China

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by smilylynx, Jul 17, 2017.

1. smilylynx

smilylynx New Member

Hi everybody,

After a long absence in TB because of my weak phone who cannot support TB, I would like to come back in the field and play again ^^
    I have a new mobile phone (Oppo A59S) which can support the game but I'm in China now and I have not access to Google Store to install it.
    I downloaded an . APK with the version 4.8.1 but, before to install it (and perhaps crash my phone), I would like to ask the community about few questions :
    - Is there someone living also in China and facing this trouble ?
    - How does it happen that I downloaded the 4.8.1 version of the game if TB is currently at the 4.6 version ? (is the APK a fake one ?)
    - Is it a good idea to install the game from an APK instead of the Google Store ?

Thanks for any advice :)

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Hi :)

I've never been in China, so I won't be able to reply to your first question, but I'll do my best with the other 2 ;)
    Nope, the last version released is 4.8.1, so the APK you found is probably legit; as proof, we have a discussion about this version (as always) on the General forum [ Terra Arachnobot Battle 4.8.1 ];
    In case you want to be really sure about your APK being legal, you can download it from one of the 2 following links, assuming that are not blocked for you...
    The only difference is that by installing the game from the Play Store, you get notified when a new update is available, but besides this the 2 installation methods are interchangeable.

I updated my game for a long time by installing a new APK every time a new version got released, then with a dirty trick (we also got a very old guide here) I made the Play Store update my game for me. Not a problem with my save files, not a problem for buying Energy (by using my credit card, the play store credit is blocked for me).

3. smilylynx

smilylynx New Member

Thanks for you quick answer and the Links Silver Mitsuki :) I'll donwload the APK from the ones you gave me, it's safer.
    About the credit card, I'm still waiting an answer from MW about a question a asked around one year ago before to buy energy again... At least if I can find back my delighted family and especially P'fizer that should be great ^^
    I hope that's gonna work !

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  4. secangel

secangel Member

The game somehow needs to access some server which is blocked in China and one reliable way is to use VPN. I need to use VPN when I am there.

Sadly but there are quite some players who still play TB with VPN in China... but due to obvious reason the player base is much smaller. (see their "Terra Battle Forum" in Chinese here https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=terrabattle but not that active as here)

5. smilylynx

smilylynx New Member

Thansk for your precious answer...It works !!!
    I downloaded APKPure along the APK for TB.
    At first, I just installed TB using the APK but it was blocked by the censorship in chi-na so, following Secangel advice, I installed a VPN using APKPure, retried the installation of TB and it achieved, asked me my logins and that's it ^^
    It's unbelievable to play TB again on the other side of the earth (I'm from France originally) and to find back my lovely monsters & adventurers. They were really happy to see me again and fight again :)
    The game itself deepen in quest and other stuff, that's good. I have to update my news about that for it's more than 6 months I cannot play.
    Well, Thanks again and see you on the chat or the forum.

secangel and Silver Mitsuki like this.