How you MUST NOT play raids"""""""

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Lyric, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Lyric

Lyric Member

:bag:20k coop medals here:bag:

1- When you join a raid and they are 1-5 players, YOU CANT leave your units on corners :stop::stop: You MUST help doing pincers to kill the boss fastly. I can understand leave the units on corners when the raid is 7-10 players to dont disturb, but never when they are less.

2- There are people hosting raids, the host leave his units on first turn on corners and just wait other players to kill the boss :dead:. So they never move a unit or make a pincer. I need a blocklist to this kind of players.

3- When boss is on right side, pincer MUST be "vertical" but idk the reason many people likes to do horizontal:arghh: :hungover:. Seriously?? :watching::watching:We dont need a double direccion pincer because only 1 good pincer (x3,x4) is really more powerfull, so pls stop doing that.
    I.e. We are 4 players, if we make a x2 vertical and x2 horiz on same turn, we will get the 15-20% boss hp, buuuuuuuuuut If we, the four players, make a x4 vertical pincer, we can OHKO the boss. Can you see the diference between 20% or kill him? I hope yes.

4- Sometimes on raids with 8-10 players, they like to do a biggggggg chain, lets say a vertical pincer, 18 units up, 2 units down, so x2 pincer :wacky::wacky: this is the WORST tactic ok? :wacky: The MOST IMPORTANT is "" how many pincers we are doing"" , it is not how long is the chain. Also, yu cant kill the boss with a x2 pincer, even with 10 players bcz dmg looks limited to "how many pincers" we are doing.

"""Last tip, many people confuse vertical with horizontal when they use messages. So vertical pincer, the units are up and down of boss, horizontal the units are right and left.""" Edit: ok ok about this it is me who is wrong :sorry::sorry: the message say "vertical/horiz CHAIN not PINCER :joyful::joyful: holy shit lol
    Btw, raid drops are pure garbage, only the needless are usefull so the target on raid is just kill fast the boss to get mighty, zapper and coop medals.

Have fun, PINCER BOSS, dont leave the units on corners likes a noob and try to help your team on chains.

:brb:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Zeroelcapo, Vivick, Sean Bond and 5 others like this.
  2. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Also, do not stay on the same tile as other units. This will kick both of you out if that tile and ruin the pincer.

Rydia, Sean Bond and Lyric like this.
  3. Acheron-X

Acheron-X New Member

I do this when the boss has around 10% or less HP left, since I can deal ~10k damage with just a single pincer including only myself.

TL;DR I want SS (even though I'm probably dealing enough damage to get there).

Sean Bond likes this.
  4. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

Agree with all the points by Lyric
    Some other obvious things,
    1. Do not enter battle if the time elapsed is less and boss health bar is low (Means someone strong like lyric is wrecking the boss and it will be over before you get a turn :troll:).
    2. With 4 or less players, make pincers against your own units (true for turn 1 no matter how many players joined).. If not stay in chain. Please don't bump out set pincers.
    3. When it's crowded, stay in chain if you are bringing mages. Let the weapon units make the pincers.
    4. If you are not a total noob, bring atleast one unit that can do a bit of damage. 90% of times there will be someone who can carry the battle. Raid should be over in 2 mins..

Will edit this when I get some time.

Sean Bond and Lyric like this.
  5. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

I also never understand why people try to move around when the boss is about to do explosion attack.

That actually is a free turn; just stay in position if you are already in the chain and someone who are not in the chain just have to fill in empty spaces.

Most of the time, we could have kill the boss that turn, but instead people just try to switch positions!? Why??? :rage: Then, many fail to do pincers/chains, and it would take 2-3 more mins to finish the fight. :mad:

Congrat!! :goodjob:
    I'm also trying to get to my first 10k medals (just a thousand more medals), but frequent app crashes really demotivate me from playing more co-op. Maybe I'll be able to get 10k by this weekend.

Lyric likes this.
  6. Lyric

Lyric Member

Anyway, even if yu lonely pincer makes 10k dmg, if yu do vertical may be you boost the main pincer dealing ~ 30k, so even in this case is not usefull.

The only way where i see usefull that double direction pincer is with a coordinate team, leaving on corners units than give buff likes Yuriyuri (arcane tango buff matk and mdef área 1) and Melba RNA (buff matk adyacent).
    Atm the raids are easy but we will have to make new strategys when normal/hard mode comes.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  7. ducnh85

ducnh85 Active Member

3. It's not right. Almost times, when boss.move left, it hit 2 column. But sometimes it still hit 2 row and hit column when move right..

Tldr: i always chains not pincer.

8. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Agree with most points. The only thing I'll add is that sometimes I'll chain (not pincer, although I prefer pincer) because noobs keep bumping me off pincer.

Btw, I've seen you a bunch in raids in the last day or two, Lyric, I can see you've been putting these tips to good use. ;)

9. Lyric

Lyric Member

Yeah, it is strange, i dont know the reason why the boss change mechanic, im looking about it to see why it happens.
    I know your feel, i was playing 2 pdmg units at the beginnig, i was always the last :smuggrin: but eh, i got 20 needless so i was happy. After this i played 2 days with mages leaving units on corners (likes a noob yeah:oops:) Later i got Kenauros and ,,, well, you can see :happy:
    Now i play mages but i was tired of see raids 10 players with a x2 pincer so now i try to help on pincers.

You saw me bcz i could not play the first week so i had to play intensive on weekend, also i just likes raids, it is my lvl, sb, farming zone ( Kenton is already 100% sb and 10 U cause of frequency). Im sbing my units on raids getting 10% sb per day.

Sean Bond likes this.
  10. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Most of the time when you try to pincer you'll get bumped off no matter how early you got there, so I've learned my lesson and don't go near where I know people will try to move, the exception is if there's a few seconds left and not much people are pincering.

Anyway as long as you finish the raid within 2-3 minutes it doesn't really matter if you're just aiming for the zappy and mighty. It's if you are aiming for the weapon drops and you don't do enough damage because of being bumped off is when it's annoying.

11. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I didn't realize people were still playing raid? Doesn't seem like the best use of time in the game, reward-wise, once you've got your medals. I'm hoping future raids will be more rewarding, of course....

12. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

I'm also seeing less and less people participating in co-op. Many times now, it's just 4-5 people at most in a single raid room.
    It used to be full 10/10 almost all the time.

So, I'm trying to collect as many medals as I could, in case TB2 co-op player-base shrinks to the same level as TB1, or the future raids are too hard for my guardians/equipments.

13. TrueShadow

It's fun, I guess. I prefer it over speedrunning chapter 3 for the Metal Orblings, at least.

Lyric likes this.
  14. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I’ve got enough medals to last quite awhile, that’s for sure, but if next raid offers better rewards then I and most everyone else will be right back at it, I’m sure.

15. TrueShadow

Yeah, the raids need more rewards for ranking high other than more Co-op medals. Like, getting MightyB instead of MightyC.

Sean Bond likes this.
  16. Lyric

Lyric Member

I get more fun on raids than doing fast sync runs lol btw when i host the run usually finish on second turn so 1 minute run it is not bad. Idk why the people see more usefull sync runs, except sync ch.1 to get recode mats, or sync ch.3 to farm rank.
    I get 10% sb daily on raids. How many sb yu get farming king?

ynuohc likes this.
  17. Lyric

Lyric Member

What i do is never get angry when someone overlap me. At the begining i was spaming :banghead:"No Way":banghead: everytimes, it just make angry to yourself and it make feel bad to the players than cause of lagg or bcz they are learning to raid overlap us. So now, when im overlaped i just laugh and use sticker "Hooray" so nobody feel bad cause of a little wrong and we continue playing happy. It works ;)

lynx and ynuohc like this.
  18. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

That's a really nice attitude you have there.
    I'm also ok with being overlapped, because it means those people are making an effort to kill the boss.
    It's better for people to try to pincer the boss than leaving their units on the chain and never move, even though sometime trying to pincer might cause overlapping.

ynuohc and Lyric like this.
  19. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

Here is my own list
    Things you MUST NOT do in Raids (and after raids are done)
    • Expect everyone to know everything - Maybe there are people who are new to this and don't know what to do :hungover:... seriously what kind of people think everyone knows the same?
    • Being harsh. Some people are not as good as others. Some need longer to understand/be able to do something. Just be considerate
    • Complain about other players. When you are friendly things will work better, try to give positive hints, what they can do better and why. Don't list them their errors with angry smileys and an aggressive attitude - except when they ask for it
    • Writing a post in a guide section - that is actually no guide but a list of other peoples errors. Your target group won't read it/learn something from it. You'll just group people around you who think the same. There is no real benefit. You could send a request/suggestion to Mistwalker and ask for private instances with passwords so only people like you can play together

Allatar, Lerick and Lyric like this.
  20. Lyric

Lyric Member

Lol i just made the thread to show the new people what s the wrong way and some tips to be better. Anyway the game is kinda new so we just need patience to get raids with perfect pincers and chains.
    I remember my first raids, i was waiting my turn while everyone was moving the units :p i thought we had 1 turn each player lol
    This is a free forum where everyone can tell the opinión, dont worry about it :D