I'm worried about the future of this game.

Discussion in 'General' started by jarigoni, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

Agreed. The foundation that TB2 has set is good, It really just needs refinement. I do agree that TB2 needs to implement someway of finishing their pacts.

For instance, they could make it so that whenever you pull a guardian that you already have one copy that is fully completed (100% B/U/L) Fores will also include a ticket in your mail to pull a guardian of the next higher rank or above.

This encourages players to merge their guardians for bonus luck (something that most players don't want to do right now.) And also will draw in players from TB1 with completable pacts.

2. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I think the player base mentality on being able to clear out pacts to "finish the game" needs to change, that's expecting far too much imo and there's not many games out there that allow a similar thing(so I've heard) . It's rewarding for players who want to invest in that, but poorly rating the game for this reason(unfortunately there are other reasons) does a lot to unfairly damage the game's reputation. These free-to-play games with IAP are hoping the non-IAP players will help to attract more players among which a certain percentage that don't want to grind and will make purchases that keep the game afloat. That's entirely why luck was initially implemented in TB1, and while that's a moneygrab I don't think it's unreasonable to provide a bonus incentive(much quicker)for those willing to pay for it. Of course for TB1 that backfired because many who have come to expect that everything could eventually be achieved through grinding saw luck as a big slap in the face(though luck is actually irrelevant towards completing PoT so the backlash was a huge overreaction imo), and I think they've learned from that and removed the expectation that grinding will let you complete the game. Currently luck in TB2 has no use though so it's literally just a reminder that it's something only money can buy.

That said, if someone has managed to grind and max B/U/L a character then they deserve to be rewarded with removing the character from the pool, should they choose to.

legaiabay likes this.
  3. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

What the fuck ?

Did we play the same TB1 at soft launch ?

30 very fun and intriguing chapters. Challenging and mostly well balanced.
    Story lasted me for a good ~3 weeks, because of also spending stamina on Metal and Hunting Zones.
    No bugs on my part. I can't recall any anyway.
    Game was optimized, and ran incredibly fluid.
    UI was fantastic and fluid for something released 3 years ago.
    Very few, if any maintenance.

TB2 launch is currently incredibly poor compared to it.
    Badly optimized. Movement isn't fluid.
    Enough story content for only ~2 days (depending if you took your time with them).
    AWFUL gacha system with the addition of strong Equipment, making a Guardian pull very underwhelming.
    AWFUL balance overall, with crazy power trip that is 100% worse than having SS mages at TB1 launch.
    Bugs, maintenance, trash UI.

So yeah, had a very different experience with launch month of both games.

Moto likes this.
  4. mazin

mazin Active Member

Chill kiddo...
    I played tb1 since day 1.
    30 very fun chapter to read.
    Do you forgotten the holy trinity?
    With the 3 ss magicians the game was too easy not fun, the story was fun and interesting.
    After they notice that, they changed the combat in a more physical way.
    If you don’t remember the first UI and how tb1 was changed after 1 year is not my fault.
    I said tb2 is perfect? No way, I said give them some time.

rakenitsu and Todd like this.
  5. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

lol ?

6. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

You didn't like them ?

For me, they were very well designed.
    I only pulled 1 SS mage at launch, so they were all pretty challenging in the upper 18.
    Some bosses had me go and learn pattern to beat them. Great experience I had.

TB2 launch is a joke compared to it.

7. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

They were okay, not really challenging, and definitely became tedious. I was always more interested in the side quests so the chapters quickly felt like “fodder” without any real point to them. And the “story” was very poorly executed in my opinion.

I’ll agree that content is light in TB2, but other than that I’m enjoying it more. I’d be quite satisfied with a new chapter each week and it’s a bummer to see that that might not happen - hopefully we are seeing only a temporary slowdown.

8. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

The more I play, the more the lack of responsiveness irritates me. It really does make it hard to form complex pincers if you feel like your tile isn't following your finger properly, and it's just sad to see the animation get choppy if you wipe too many enemies off the screen at once and the CPU can't handle all the disintegration graphics. I NEVER saw any slowdown in TB1. This is starting to feel more like TB 0.5, I'm now wishing they could have just just updated TB1 to have 8 companion slots instead of 1, and called it a day...

9. Snooze

Snooze Member

So much this.

I've also noticed, sometimes when i start a move with my finger right in the middle of my unit, i finish my move with my finger off target of my unit to drag it where i want.

10. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

Am I the only one who mostly complain about the balance in this game?
    I think TB2 could have been better but the bugs/UI design is not that big problem. The movement is not really smooth but I'm sure they'll fix that sooner or later but the current balance is a no go in my opinion.
    I can't understand why they made guardians kind of "useless". I mean a weak/normal guard with strong equipment deals much more damage than a Z rank guard with normal/bad equipment.

I'm not sure what they could have done better but the requirement of strong items is a little bit too height for me. In early TB1 you had multiple tactics and strategies even with non SS/S/Z characters to clear stages but in TB2 if you don't have good friends/items you are totally lost since your damage will be incredible low. And since there is only a really small chance in getting these rarer items you can have a bad time.
    Of course you can use A/B items too but compared to all these 400+ attack characters all my units feel pretty much useless since I can only rely on friends which does not feel exciting or rewarding

11. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I think there was a bug making friends stronger than they should have been. Like they all had dual-wield ability. Now that big is fixed and friends aren’t as powerful as before.

12. tobsy

tobsy Well-Known Member

I remember TB1 launch. It was exciting, a lot of positive vibe, ton of thank-you energy giveaways. The game design was much more contained. The story presentation was bad though. Awful writing. But the focus on units and gameplay mechanics made it fun.

TB2 launch is chaotic. The game is trying to do too many things with no polish. Lack of tutorial and too many missing information makes the whole thing very confusing to navigate. The game spends NO time warming up the players to its features. The guardian/equipment balance is also very strange and I haven't come around to it yet.. I think the concept is interesting, I just don't find it satisfying. The story presentation is muuuch better though. I wouldn't have minded seeing this as a story-driven traditional RPG without all the gacha stuff. But that's undercut by the horribly laggy gameplay. It's a chore to even play at the moment.

I think after about 6 months to a year, TB2 would start to come to its stride. Putting out a few major fires, being a little bit more organized, finding their rhythm with content releases, etc. But until then, I'm not gonna devote too much of my time into this. Just gonna empty my stamina once or twice a day on metal zones and collect the logins.

13. Verismo

Verismo New Member

The game is so poorly optimized that it crashes nonstop for me at any given time. Seems like more so on Motorola phones. I can barely play it on my Droid Turbo 2 which has good specs, but my crappy Samsung Galaxy Sol never crashes and lags like crazy.

14. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

Odd. For me on my G5 the game runs buttery smooth after the update this morning. There's still a little bit of discrepancy between where I have my finger on my character at the start and end of my drag, but it's still pretty close.

15. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

i bet you dont think the same after 387 energy compensation xD
    dude, who cares about all the bugs and stuff, MW actually CARES about users and thats exactly why i love playing their games <3

16. Verismo

Verismo New Member

I even factory reset my phone to make sure that there was nothing interfering with TB2, but it still crashes/force closes. The thing is, when the game isn't force closing, I can play with extreme smoothness. No discrepancy of any kind. It's just the force closing that's an issue for me.

And what's the point of compensation if you can't actually play the game...?

17. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Game runs a bit better/faster after the update, and chapter 6 sync was actually a little challenging, I had to go think about my guardian and gear choices. I think the future of this game is really looking up.

Zeroelcapo likes this.
  18. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

i must say sync 6 was indeed challenging (specially that bomb corridor... it was trully a pain in the :asshat: but... i found harder is better as it makes you want to IMPROVE your actual team, to CHANGE your setup and to THINK, and i find that fun :D
    many of us already have high % guardians and max lvl weapons and we were like "meh, with the team i have right now it will be piece of cake till ch 15"... but NOOOOO sync play is offering a nice challenge even in ch6!! pffff future content seems so bright for TB2 :joyful:

19. Moto

Moto Active Member

Seems like we didn't play the same TB1 then. I can't even remember a single bug from launch or at least things that I would notice. This? Sluggish controls, magnets on story mode, visual bugs (A TON), completion rewards, etc.

It's not even funny to compare them

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  20. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Oh TB1 had it's bugs in the beginning(and even some minor ones now), just nowhere as much, as worse, and lasting as some of the big ones in TB2. Connection problems, bug where game continually searches for content download after certain patches(resulting in long loading screens), game stalling in battle, being unable to resume after intentional/unexpected quit(in some cases where a "no continuation after game-over" is applied this is intentional though, also to this day I think this bug is still unfixed on coin creeps), some touch detection bugs.

Magnets is not a bug but a feature though. It allows you to detach your party to allow for customization of how you want to explore the map(this made speedruns for treasure possible), and forces you to put more care into how you maneuver around obstacles and enemies and collecting treasure. Since enemy encounters are no longer mandatory(barring at certain story points) it would be all too easy to just speed past everything if the link between your party could never be severed by carelessly running through stuff. It takes getting used to and can be very annoying though so they do need to improve on it to make it smoother and less cumbersome. They were over-ambitious with the idea but didn't implement it very well.