In need of squad and priority advice

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Kilroy512, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Kilroy512

Kilroy512 New Member

I did two 10 pulls pretty early on (during the odds boost for Jennish/Senala) and got Jennish /\ and Senala. Sadly I also got Lacuma and Edglow which I falsely identified as being worth lvling. (at least before other lower rank units that happen to be much stronger) My goal is to just get a team together that can clear high tier content. In particular I'd like to get Clara O while it's still kicking around for free. I'm currently working on recoding all the units in my main team (listed bellow) as well as Yukken for quality of life. Is there anything else that I should be focusing my time on? I'm trying not to get blindsided again by making assumptions.

Current main team in training:
    Bahl (82/89/90)
    Snaip (90/86/84)
    Macuri (30/11/1)
    Schweiz (10/46/49)
    Jennish /\ (90)
    Gegonago (80/87/83)

Other notable units:
    Yukken (90/90/76)
    Senala (90/90/-)
    Ellvern /\ (51)
    Gugba (68/65/84)
    Pizfer (48/48/-)
    Clara (44/47/49)

Less notable but available:
    Laguna (80+/80+/-)
    Edglow (90/90/-)
    Puprope /\ (11)
    Jaguna (17/-/-)
    Raprow (23/-/-)
    Unasag (14/5/3)
    Daiana (38/1/1)

2. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

First thing to understand is that there is on no single end game team. Some units are very versatile, like Gego and the Ami^s, but for the most part you need diversity. That being said you can also exclude some lower tier units if you have higher tier counterparts. For the most part you'll need at least one of each weapon, element (sans light and shadow), a healer and maybe a utility. I'll try to give you an idea of what characters are good and why. I'm sure others have some different ideas as well.

Bahl - One third of the original holy trinity. Recoded she's the best sword and probably the best physical dps in the game. Job 2, lv65 skill Physical Damage x1.5 is a stacking buff that can make her Terasword skill hit for beyond 10k (way more with taps).
    Sna'ip - One third of the original holy trinity. Basically he's the bow version of Bahl, but his dps is slightly lower... still hits for over 10 though.
    Ma'curi - The last third of the holy trinity and at one point the top physical dps in the game. Right now he might be over shadowed by Clara^ and maybe Odin who are more durable and can hit l100. It would be a good idea to level him to 80/80/80 to prep for the recode when it inevitably comes where he will probably be top dps again unless MW gives him two counter attacks.
    Schweiz - Super utility character with a 'tap all' ability. His dps is weak, but that's not why he's used.
    Gego - Pretty good support character and literal game breaker when recoded. He's one of the most powerful and controversial characters in the game because of his recoded skill Stealth, Self which allows Gego^ to phase through adds, obstacles, bosses and other players in PVP. To make that skill more powerful it will also 'push' your other units through the obstacles if there's no where for them to move to when Gego^ phases through something. Add on CT +3 Sec, All and he becomes the ultimate mover. He makes almost every battle super easy.
    Senala - Currently, Senala^ is rated as the top fire dps and second best photon mage. Because of that she can fill in the role for Daiana, Bahamut and Jennish (although both are still really good). Recoding her is a pain though, and requires a lot of resources and time. Even without a recode she's still, at least, on par with the other Z mages.
    Clara - The claim is that her recode is the best spear dps, but it's hard to combat Ma'curi's physical damage x1.5 skill. Still, she's at least the second best and that makes her worth the effort, especially since her recode materials are pretty cheap. The only issue is that she requires Marilith Kino to recode so it might be a while before you have another chance.
    Daiana - Recoded she's better than Lewto^ against bosses, but falls behind him when AoE is concerned. Still, she's second/third best fire dps for what it's worth.
    Laguna - I'm assuming you meant Lacuma? He's not a very great unit, but he's still quite good and Gravity dps is strong against both Lightning and Photon so it's good to have him leveled.
    Edg'low - He has Impair, All, but using both Photon and Gravity kind of limits his dps since you usually want to stack all the same element and he doesn't have many skills if you ignore an entire elmental range. Impair, All should not be overlooked though and working with Schweiz's Augment, All you can dish out some serious damage with the Trinity.
    Gugba - Great for lower level non luck farming (he can't reach l100 yet) because Tremor is amazing at clearing levels. It's a 10% emit rate so SBing Gugba goes by very fast.
    Jaguna - Worst unit in the game (worse than Palpa!), but her recode is a very good jack of all trades which also hits l100 very easily. She's an important member of the free L100 units since she can levitate, heal, add regen, deal decent dps and is very durable. The only thing she's missing is a CT skill...
    Palpa - I know you have her... everyone has her. She's pretty terrible, but her recode is important because it has Augment Attack, All. Having two tappers helps with some bosses so until you get Gatz^ you should recode Palpa as well.
    Piz'fer - I think his recode is still top ice dps? I'm not sure if A'merpact is better, but they're at least very similar. He will fill in the ice gap you're missing without Leviathan.
    Yukken - Recode is definitely useful for NegPro, but overall she's a weak archer. She's more for utility than damage, but still her damage is good with a Skullsplitter equipped when needed for a Kino or Odin.

Everyone else you can probably ignore at least until their recodes are announced as a recode can drastically change the value of a character (looking at you Jaguna). With the Trinity, Senala, Lacuma, Schweiz, Piz'fer and Gego you should be pretty good to tackle just about anything. It seems you're only missing a strong dedicated healer. Maybe you have Kuscah or Sorman? Maybe one of the Amis?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Makaveli likes this.
  3. Kilroy512

Kilroy512 New Member

Wow, that was way more in depth than I was expecting, thank you. I was kind of a little bummed feeling like all the work I put into Clara was a waste since the easier to get units seemed to be viewed much more highly, but I think I'll finish her now since I have all of the hard parts for her recode. I felt similarly about Senala, especially after seeing that I need to do 36-10 ~150 times to get all the Flawless Helixes I would need to recode her... Any video I see always has Gatz doing all the heavy lifting and I feel crippled by his absence in high tier areas. (Is there an easier place to farm them or am I just using a bad team for the job perhaps?) I also had not considered using Edg'low with Schweiz before. I'm not sure what CT means (another way of saying tapper?) but I think I'm going to hold off on working her up since I have Gego.

4. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

CT is Control Time. More time to make your moves.

5. Kilroy512

Kilroy512 New Member

6. Kilroy512

Kilroy512 New Member

I am apparently going to need to farm the heck out of 36-10, any advice in terms of comp or tips for making the fight easier? I am currently unable to beat it without using energy. (Which I have not done yet)

7. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what team you're using for farming, but based on your first post I think you have 3 main problems.

1. No healer
    Gego's regen is fine if you can avoid damage, but because there is so much AoE in 36.10 it's hard to avoid damage because you have to pincer at some point to add regen and actually beat the stage. You might need some Healing Rods if you don't have a dedicated healer

3. Low level non-job 3 characters
    I'm assuming you're not using Ma'curi for ch. 36.10 seeing as how he's lv 30, but looking at who you've leveling you really need to unlock job 3 for some of them. Job 3 has higher stats than the other 2 jobs, adds more powerful skills and unlocks a 4th skill slot. In Edg'low's case Impair, All is found in job 3. Lacuma's job 3 has 600 more HP than his job 2 as well as higher defense and attack. It's a big difference.

3. Skill boost
    How's your skill boost looking? Chances are they're pretty low, right? Gego has an activation rate buff in job 1 that stacks so if you're low in SB you'll need him to up the rate your skills activate. Each failed activation reduces your damage significantly and can make battles last way longer than they should.

I recommend the following team all in Job 3.
    Sn'aip - Top dps. He needs to stay alive and he needs to keep up stacks for Physical damage x1.5.
    Gego - he's your mover and SB booster. It looks like he's your main healer too, but that's not a good thing. He has a bow class, but his dps is terrible and it's not worth the loss of HP you get in Job 3. If you have a Healing Rod/Healing Wand you should equip Gego with one. Do NOT use Levitation as it will cause twisters to inflict double damage.
    Schweiz - He'll add some bow dps and maybe even debuff some adds, but he's really there for the Augment, All taps.
    Edg'low - Same as Schweiz, but he's there for Impair, All.
    Lacuma - He's a good bow unit and is somewhat durable.
    Jennish^ - This was a tough one as too much magic isn't a good thing in later chapters. Jennish^ still gets my pick, though, on account of already being lv 90 and still being a really good unit. He can self-revive, heal himself and boost his magic by eating capsules. Gego's CT +3 sec, all will let you easily move with Jennish^ to each capsules and still have time to pincer properly.

Make sure Gego and Sn'aip have at least one stack of CT +3 Sec and Physical Damage x1.5 when you finish battle 3 and keep your characters in the lower half of the screen. You should also save any power points you generate for the final battle. If you have a PP then the battle is a piece of cake. Make sure you have 2 characters at the top of the screen and the rest on the bottom before you finish battle 3 so you're in a better position at the start of battle 4. The boss summons twisters above and below or left and right, but it's random where he places them. It doesn't matter though, since you can just move your top units to the left and your bottom units to the right side if the twisters are north and south and the boss doesn't counter vertical attakcs. Triple tap with Scweiz and triple tap with Edg'low and double pincer the boss with a PP. You'll want Sn'aip on the second pincer so he gets an extra stack of PD x1.5 before he attacks. With Augment/Impair + PP combo Sn'aip will completely obliterate the boss leaving a few terrified adds left to finish off. If you don't have a power point then start all your units at the bottom of the screen and kill adds until you build one. The boss will summon more adds so there's no point in kill all of them. Just focus on the spear adds and ignore the weaponless adds unless you need more for a PP. Once you have a PP tap tap tap, double pincer

8. Kilroy512

Kilroy512 New Member

I use Amimari for hard fights, she is 90/90/90.

I have made significant strides here. Everyone I use is now 3rd job lvl 80+ and a good chunk are 90. Schweiz is my pet project right now as he is the furthest from being finished.

Yeah, you nailed it. My SB is pretty bad. My Jennish is maxed and Senala is fairly close, but everyone else is at ~10-20%.

WOW, okay. That explains a lot.

You can triple tap!? That seems ridiculously op. Once again, thank you for the well thought out advice. You're really helpful.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also have a White Candle. It helps when solo healing with Gego.