Is Myne in PoH worth buying energy for?

Discussion in 'General' started by Joe, Oct 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Joe

Joe Active Member

Is Myne really worth buying?

For photon mages, I have Sayu, Kir'ue and Iskar.

I don't have any Impair characters except Ashe who only does impair MATK but I have no characters who do impair MDEF.

What do you think?

2. Claywtf

Claywtf Active Member

Myne is useful against Mutoh and Axion Dragon. Kir´ue and Iskar are not (Well, Kir´ue might be somewhat useful against Axion Dragon, but certainly not ideal). However, Myne and Sayu wont suffice to beat Mutoh.

Whether this justifies buying Myne or not is entirely up to you.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  3. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

I think he's not worth it. IDK can be beaten with a free team. Myne is not mandatory for the fight. And you have Sayu, she will make the fight a cakewalk.

For Mutoh you will need more than Myne and Sayu. I did the fight with Myne, Sayu, Gego^, Nazuna^, Mizell^ and Annu^/Schweiz^. With this team it wasn't a sure win. I had to rely on mobs spawning perfect for a triple pincer and even that was sometimes not enough. Senala^ instead of Myne made the fight for me a safe win.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  4. Joe

Joe Active Member

I do have Annu, Mizell^ (but I don't have her O ottomo for Shinen - I've been bugging TB with emails to add it to the current anniversary event, so we'll see if that happens in the 2 coming weeks). I don't know, I am tempted to get Myne so at least i can build the best possible team for Mutoh which i haven't dared to try yet ..

Rydia likes this.
  5. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I'm not 100% sure of this, but someone with multiple chainable peta (Grand Ragnarok companion and friends, so not really for everybody...) should have managed to defeat Mutoh with a physical team even after the introdution of the +200% cap for the DMG x1.5 buff, so is either a full physical or a photon one for this challenge. Also, you either have another good Photon mage like Senala Λ or just desist from making a team of photon units (for the moment).

Obviously, is also possible for you to buy Myne now and then wait for Mistwalker to introduce a new Photon mage (crossing your fingers to not dupe Myne in the process); if he/she will get a rate up for their release you might have a chance to pull them and finally be able to face Mutoh, but it doesn't seem a good plan to me.

At the current state of the game, Myne (hybrid physica/photon with a lot of impair skills):
    • Is *required* only to beat Mutoh (as Zyron said, the Inexorable Dragon King, the only other Graviton challenge of this game doesn't need a photon team and can be defeated even with a team of PoF units once you farmed the Holy Dragon companions from the Resplendent Dragon King)
    • As an "hybrid" unit, isn't capable to give his best in a fight unless he's facing a Graviton/Darkness opponent, nor to get the full benefits from buffs like Augment ATK
    • As an "impairer" (ATK, MATK, DEF, MDEF) he could really be of help in some of he hardest stages, but unless you are a very, very casual player you probably have multiple recodes, even of A and B class units, capable to resist to the attacks of many enemies without the need of a ATK/MATK impair. DEF and MDEF impair are yes a nice addition, but considering his overall utility I wouldn't spend money on him.

In summary I find him a good unit as many other Z classes, but as Recodes give you an easy way to turn good B+ classes in very powerful units I wouldn't spend money on a character useful only to recruit a "stronger version" of Shin'en, which can be obtained with way more ease as the key elements for him are either free, silver characters or in the Pact of Fellowship.

EDIT: oc I noticed that you replied to the thread only after I posted this message xD

Joe likes this.
  6. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:

I think in your case Myne could make a difference to beat mutoh. I would buy it if your objetive is to beat her, otherwise no need.

Ashe isnt an impair is taps..you were meaning Dahlia?

Also Mutoh is inmune to MDEF impairs so a MDEF impair is not useful on her anyway.

Do you have full screenshots of your account? I could try to build a mutoh team for you.

Edit: Do you have Gego? I just beated Mutoh with only Sayu and Myne as photon but my team was using Gego :? Need to know what exactly you have ^^

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  7. Joe

Joe Active Member

Thank you. You guys here are awesome. :happy:

Below is my roster. Ignore the jobs, levels, SB and Luck since I am too lazy to update them.

I also have Ashe and Shay but couldn't find them on the site.

Thanks again for the help.

(not to be too demanding, but if you have time, i'd appreciate suggestions to take on RDK and IDK)

tbs_Joe_2017-10-06-23-051.png tbs_Joe_2017-10-06-23-05_2.png

8. Rydia

Medals:
    Oh you could use Eileen instead of Gego I think.

If you havent done RDK/IDK yet you shouldnt try Mutoh, you need the RDK dragons for that.

For RDK/IDK i always recommend a 100L team. So if you only have the free units to 100L you can use any of the teams in this thread:

[Guide] Farming the Dragon Kings with a full farmable team.

If you have some other units to 100L tell me which ones are so we can maybe make an easier team for those dragons :3

Remember to check also the user responses since they also share their alternative teams there.

You could also try to farm Shinen first and bring him to 100L before you farm RDK if you don't mind to use Kraken Kino instead of waiting for Mizell O

You can use a team of Palpa Gatz Bahl Snaip Suoh Kraken Kino + OII to beat shinen. Try to LB your characters first so you can at least use a team with 80L average, that would help you a lot with Shinen recruitments `+ give you Suoh OII.

Joe likes this.
  9. Joe

Joe Active Member

What does Eileen and Gego have in common that is needed here?

10. Rydia

Medals:
    Levitation, CT and Heal. If you had recoded echo she would be a good option too.

Joe likes this.
  11. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

For me it would mean spending 40$ If he was the last character i needed to do both sun king and mutoh id consider it, but since i only have about half the ppl needed theres no way

12. Rydia

Medals:
    For Sun King I cant talk for you but if you paste here your characters I can tell you if Myne would actually unblock mutoh for you

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  13. Joe

Joe Active Member

I think someone mention earlier that Mutoh is resistant to all Myne’s tap empairs, is that correct? If so, then I guess the only value in Mutoh is his mediocre photon damage?

14. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

Yes, Mutoh is immune to both impair skills. It's the photon damage of Myne, which makes him good in the fight as Mutoh is graviton.

15. Rydia

Medals:
    Nope, Mutoh is resistant to Magical Impairs, but physical Ones affects her.

I think there is some lack of knowledge when comes about how Mutoh really works.

Myne is after Sayu and Senala (which is time limited only) the third best photon of the game, so he is far from being mediocre, in fact I killed Mutoh with an hybrid team that used Myne and Sayu as the only photon characters (rest were tappers and other stuff) so he is really a key piece to beat her

Joe likes this.
  16. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

I had in mind, she is vulnerable to impair physical defence. I checked the Wiki and it shows, that Mutoh is immune to all impairs.

Rydia likes this.
  17. Rydia

Medals:
    Nah wiki is wrong, your initial asumption was correct, she is vulnerable to physical

18. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Is he worth it if I already have Edg'low?

19. Rydia

Medals:
    MMmmmm not sure it depends which ones are the rest of your characters I guess?

Myne is better for Mutoh than Edg'low, but without Sayu or Senala could be hard to beat her even with an hybrid team

20. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

Myne is better than Edg'low. I have the following team, and I still can't beat Mutoh consistently, but having Myne instead of Edg'low would change that:

-Sayu
    -Edg'low
    -Schweiz
    -Mizell^
    -Gego^
    -Amina^

Rydia likes this.