Is this game going to surge in May?

Discussion in 'General' started by Todd, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

or should I just delete and not look back?

2. 770

770 New Member

I just stopped launching the game. I went back to TB1.

3. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I found myself forced to pause the works on something related to TBc aimed to improve the experience offered by the game(s), but I'm still hoping to be able to launch it in few months/later this year, so maybe if you're not enjoying the game don't delete your account yet and, eventually, log in daily to get some sweet energy... I mean, as long you have enough space in your device it won't hurt ;)

Personally, the game runs so bad on my device I find hard even to log in to keep my streak going, so I won't blame you if you want to uninstall it, but as the devs promised some big changes over the year maybe keep an eye on it and give it another shot in few months, at least to see how the story will evolve/end ;)

4. Gujiniuniu

Gujiniuniu Active Member

Well, most of us hope the game will get significantly better in May... or at least they will give us something to do come May. But I wouldn't be surprised if we got absolutely nothing; it's not like they haven't broken any promises before.

It makes me rather sad how quiet they are about this. I think I would be significantly less disappointed with the state of the game if they at least acknowledged its issues.

5. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

No chance whatsoever it surges up.
    At most it'll improve on some aspects for current fans, but there will be zero growth.
    There's also the chance they'll stop working on the English version from the lack of updates it's having.

Just stop playing it honestly.
    Stick with TB1 until Terra Wars and TB3.

Save your account though in case they plan some sort of transfer for those games.

6. Keithan

Keithan New Member

They could at least hold the faithful player to TB2 by simply offering double SB points since that's the only thing worth striving for atm. This silence is terrible, the RNG and pack atm is awful as well. More shields that I have ever seen drawn before.

7. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

Got my 130 days consecutive login achievement today. 3x Energy. Keeps on going...
    This game feels so dead.

8. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Jp just recieved another update. Free story guardian, SS I think, and a couple Z tickets upon chapter completion. The “Golden Week, What?” notice we received instead on NA does not breed confidence.

9. Garagely

Garagely New Member

I still login for my daily bonus, but I don't have all that much hope. The only note they left for us this time is vacation :/ Does not inspire much confidence.

10. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

My thought is they'll get all rested up cuz on May 6 the game is going to surge

If that's not the case then I'll probably take a month-long break from logging in

(I already stopped SB activities long ago)

11. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

All the signs suggest that they are probably considering to abandon or close down NA server.

NA server do not get any updated contents for months.
    The first time they withhold contents, we at least got some bug fixes.
    But not any more, this week JP server got both updated contents, special log-in bonus, and bug fixes, NA server got nothing.

I also read on discord that support is now refused to fix Valentine log-in bug when a player emailed them, and was told to wait for mass fix. It's been 2 months and no fix has been released...
    I suppose this will never get fixed or properly compensated. By now everyone who lost their log-in streak on V-day would have gotten back to their 70 days achievement if they log-in everyday, support don't have to fix anything :troll:.

Also, the lack of communication to NA players.
    All NA communication channels, so far, has been completely silent.
    MW, however, have been actively responding to any players' comments on JP store.
    TB2_JP_Store.png

The difference in treatment between JP and NA players is appalling and so unprofessional; treating non-JP players like second-class citizens :grumpy:.

IMO, even if NA get any upcoming "major" update, it'd fail to attract new paying customers.
    And existing players would be more cautious in their spending from the way we have been treated.

The major problem of TB2 is how hard it is to get started right now (without heavy spending).
    Unlike TB1, new players can't immediately re-roll; they'd have to collect chapter energy to even do a single pull. Also, there is no coin-pact for new players to grind for useful guardians/equipments.

New update has to add some permanent ways to help new players get their footing in TB2. Otherwise, I can't see TB2 global player base grow any larger.

I'm sitting in a TB2 lifeboat right now and ready to abandon this ship at any moment's notice.

Sean Bond and Gujiniuniu like this.
  12. claude

claude Active Member

Feel bad for those of you who spent big bucks in TB2.

13. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Something must have happened after the White Day event. Maybe they were using the WD event to gauge player activity and the numbers just wasn't enough for them to bother with maintaining an English server and translating the updates so they are trying to slowly fade away. Maybe they will officially shut it down when the server time they already paid for runs out.

It would have been nice to be given a heads up, especially since they made such a big deal about the "rebirth of TB2" and left people with expectations. Leaving players hanging leaves a bad taste more so than a sudden shutdown announcement.

14. HellGateVI

HellGateVI New Member

The game is dead for me too, I login when I don't forget but lost hope about what's next...

The game itself isn't bad, but the way they handle it with no news, no feedback, no way to get energy, no perspectives... is just a no for me now even if I spent a lot of my time on it since day 1 and with the cursed first event!

The problem now is that a game continue to live through the community... right now a lot of player stopped playing and we weren't a lot to play since the beginning I think.

How can they attract new players ?
    How can they bring back old players ?

My answer : They can't even if they try...
    As a big player of TB1, I even lost interest in the first game and the next one (TB3 ? Really ?... and TW) :disappointed:

15. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

Yeah.. Was expecting at least SOME news after the 6th. Nada so far. Lame.

16. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Musta been one hell of a party they had ;)

17. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I take it that MWs silence means that we ought to consider English TB2 dead and to do them the favour of forgetting to log in so that they can secretly disappear. Seeing how a shutdown seems imminent and how poorly TB2 did as a whole, the prospects of any future MW games being released outside of Asia seems rather bleak. Frankly how they are handling things leaves me indifferent about MW's future.

Todd and dragon_food like this.
  18. dragon_food

dragon_food New Member

That seems to be the case. I feel foolish for continuing to log in and hope for a new announcement each day. I don't think there is anything they can do to turn it around. They aren't even marketing the game in any way. And I also have a bad taste in my mouth about future games...

19. EASY26

EASY26 Active Member

Dont eat games... Play them.

Enjoy the silence and soon we will farm again some nice events. Sometimes you need to be patient