Jars of Feets Z class tier list

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by jarsoffeet, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Xenocite

Xenocite Active Member

I think Korin O is actually a damage multiplier and not a stat buff, so it ends up being stacking multiplicatively.

2. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    Yeah I reread it and I think you're right, which makes that Otomo more significant.

3. Waifu

Waifu Active Member

I agree. Initially I was annoyed by what seemed another semiuseless next floor revival skill but comparing the skill description to Amina's, it seems like Camellia's revival skill actually activates at the end of your turn, maybe even also at the end of the enemy's turn. If it works as described, then Camellia would not only be a great damage dealer but a viable supportive/healer character in an all spear team given how overtly much a healing otomo can heal.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  4. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

The probalem isn't really worth korin it is with other sword units i would. However once bahl /\ comes out sword teams can come back in a big way. If you double pincer a boss with bahl bahl/\ gatz and suoh your hitting pretty hard.

Anyways I moved Nakupi up a tier because he is atleast useful for kraken kino and since most of the others kinos are wild beast he finally has something on a niche. I am planning on putting suoh in tier 3 at the moment. Not haveing any chain skills kinda hurts his damage.

5. Xenocite

Xenocite Active Member

I think Eileen might end up going up a tier if later time traps are anything like the traps in Mutoh ^ and Shin'en ^'s stage, considering that plenty of people are bringing Kraken Kino ^ to Shin'en ^. Dodging those really aren't an appealing (or even possible, in Mutoh's case) option. Though of course, Shin'en has an improved anti-time trap skill anyways.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  6. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

Time traps are in chapter 35. Gego or any ct+4 is sufficient I feel.

7. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

Added the new Z class that have been released. I May have put shin'en a tier to low. It is hard to gather concrete opinions at this stage.

8. Sakenara

Sakenara Member

Not to be rude, but Eileen ^ shouldn't belong on the list as she is only a SS recode.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    LegendaryFrog likes this.
  9. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

First a boring character redesign (is it really a redesign, though?), then a mediocre skillset and now this? Way to kick her when she's down...

10. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    Shin'en doesn't really seem that great as a DPS character relative to other Z Class DPS. His MATK is higher than his ATK, and Mutoh's MATK is even higher than Shin'en's MATK. If he's supposed to be the physical DPS equivalent of Mutoh, then Thousand Spears is a very weak skill choice. If anything, he should be used in the same vein as Myne or Edg'low - Essentially an Impair character with the unique trait of disarming Time Traps (which I'd argue are currently not that big a deal when Gegonago exists). Synergy Wave is an amazing skill though. A triple pincer with DEF Impairs can be very devastating in many scenarios.

As for Mutoh, she's obviously better. Super high MATK with the DPS skills to make use of it. It's neat to mention how she can equip four different Wards, but more likely than not she'll probably only have one slot open for a Ward, physical DPS skill, or defensive buff. I can agree with her tier placement at the moment.

11. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I like the tweaks to the list, OP. I like the way MW has added some high single-target (or pincer) DPS mages, which keeps the original mages useful while adding purpose to the new ones. Now if only I could pull some of the new characters, to try these mofos out myself...

12. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

I am well aware of that fact. However since one of the few practical points of this guide is to help people choose who to recode I figured it would be fine to put the ss recode on here. Lich and maralilth are basically free s units imo and won't be added. Added a note to the op to clear up confusion.

13. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Since this is a "who to recode" recommendation, shouldn't you mention that Palpa^ and Lucia^ are special cases?

Lucia's entire point is to be recoded. Her items are from her own event, so she doesn't fight for resources with other units. Completing PoT and PoF isn't a concern since everything about her is event-only. Next to no reason to not recode her. Unless you think her event is a complete waste of time, that is.

Same with Palpa to a lesser extent. She's basically a free recode, provided you're willing to grind Palpa to 80.

14. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

rereading my comment maybe i wasn't exactly clear. It is still first and formost a pointless tier list. With prehaps the added bonus of helping people decide who to recode. A who to recode list would be different and depend on a number of things. And like you said recodeing lucia is basiclly unlocking all her jobs so i'm not gonna amend that comment. Thanks for mentioning palpa though. I feel like her position and description was fine for 4.0 but she needs to be adjusted for 4.1.( Her hop was for 1 level then now i would say you can run her in 3 or 4 different situation)

15. Qrrr

Qrrr New Member

Is this going to be updated again?

16. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

Yeah I guess i will type out the update tommorrow.

EDIT: tierlist now has all 4.2 characters in it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  17. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    I still agree with most of the list but I've changed my opinion on palpa having now used her a good bit. There's so many higher events where her regen and barrier put in a lot of work. I think accessibility has value, too. Tap is one of the most broken mechanics in the game.

Tier 3 feels too high and 4 too low. But I look over tier 3 and think descends, zam koko higher. Mizell, shin en, rejin the same or close. Myne, yukken, Andelucia lower.

cjguitarman likes this.
  18. derposed

derposed Well-Known Member

Gatz Λ and Palpa Λ are also the only tappers that can be re-recoded to 100 luck. Speaking of accessibility, her recode only takes a single Mantle Helix and the Locket of Vows is a 100% drop on 31-1, pretty much the easiest character to re-recode. That counts for something.

19. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

I'm not sure why you put AmiZ and Amina^ in 2. Tier.
    Of course, theirs abilities are not unique anymore but since you rated the first elemental z mage in first tier I would do the same with them.

I totally agreed with your opinion about the need of healers when you wrote that list but I changed it now. With all those traps some content is really hard when you have no wards/disarms. Without AmiZ I could not enjoy the new content at all and I had no chance against golem (no ward)

20. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

If you read my criteria for tier 1 uniqueness is one of them. You can say you needed AmiZ when Amina would have subbed in just fine. Heal rods/taps crowd them out of lots of team formations too.

Will consider palpa/\ placement she was perhaps underrated at release.