Jars of Feets Z class tier list

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by jarsoffeet, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

I read your post it seems more like you didn't read mine. The first z mage is worth for first tier too and they don't have unique skills at all. I was just interested in your reasons why you ranked the characters inconsistent and made differences between fist healer and first z mage.

I get the point of your post but I don't think you understood me (btw otomos have no benefit when you can't include the characters into the pincer because they'll die when you try - just as a side note)

2. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

1 zamge is in tier 1 because lots of people complained about it

3. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    With the introduction of Luck and Luck chests, I think it's worth mentioning that Shin'en can farm Luck up to 100 via capture on Hard Mode - This is extremely useful for players who care about Luck and reserving resources since Shin'en still deals a good amount of DPS.

another likes this.
  4. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Hey @jarsoffeet, the OP needs to be updated so that Bonna^ only has 1 useful status for PVP, since the petrification rate got nerfed.

5. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Nice list, Jars. I haven't checked it out in a while, but based on my own in-game observations (and my assumptions about the myriad new Z characters I'll never have :() this looks pretty accurate. I agree with placement of your first Z mage in the top tier, because they're the jack-of-all trades for magic (like Gego is for utility).Magic has been nerfed, but they're still extremely useful as something of a "weakening unit" (they soften up most of the screen so your harder hitters can take everything out easily) even in battles that aren't weak against magic. Mizell^ and Mutoh are obvious (with those stats and skills, they're obviously going to be top tier for DPS), and Gatz is especially useful now that he's 1) the best TH (Alika^ has Fetters, really?) and 2) almost integral to a PDK setup that doesn't have the new Zs. Olber^ is similar in that there are many battles where the strategy is either "do a bunch of things" or "just bring Olber if you have him."

I was amused to see Bonna at the top of this list, only because I only recently realized just how useful she is. I actually just replaced Bahamut^ with her for lower-level MZ runs (up to 5, like you said). She hits hard, Twin Arrow is fantastic, and CT+4 makes her an incredibly good mover.

Finally, I'd argue that Gego^ is no longer really broken (ever since the "nerf" that took away his ability to avoid traps), but is just always useful (potentially the most useful single character in the game), except maybe in TLS (where Control Time is mostly useless, and even Stealth isn't very important).

6. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

Bonna is also good as the second carry to pair with levi and Seiryu since with skull splitter stacks her twin arrows will 1 shot things. IMO traps dont hurt gego but the fact that you have less room these days for utility since in optimum senarios loseing two slots for tappers giving you less room for utility.

Sean Bond likes this.
  7. france001

france001 Active Member

I'm interested in where BahlZ would place in this list.

8. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    If S'naip is Tier 2, then Bahl isn't that far ahead/behind - Their roles are nearly identical

9. Ryden

Ryden Active Member

Someone calculated that she is even better than Snaip, so she should definitley be Tier 2.

Sean Bond likes this.
  10. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

I havent been playing much lately but i might update the list a bit later today.

11. france001

france001 Active Member

Thanks! I love the work you do.

12. Kilroy512

Kilroy512 New Member

Even in it's current state this has been immensely helpful as a new player. I would love to see an update if you are still active but thanks a bunch either way.

13. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    It's mostly accurate, but just missing Senala, Clara, Invincible, and Shalpar. Clara is with Odin. Invincible is tier 1 or 2 because of accessibility and mixed offense and defense/support. Shalpar is niche (If only she was released in the original grouping). Senala is tier 1 or 2 because of totally not a copy paste error accessibility and mixed offense and defense/support.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  14. Kilroy512

Kilroy512 New Member

Wouldn't Clara be more accessible than Senala? You can get her automatically, Senala is pretty rare unless I'm missing something. In addition, I know Invincible can come from PoF but is there some trick to it or something? I've heard you can empty the pool for PoF and if that's true then can you just get invincible automatically eventually?

15. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Active Member

Invincible^ is now in the Pact of Fellowship and in Pact of Fate of Fellowship. With several million coins you can empty both PoF and PoFoF and get Invincible at 100% SB (from PoF) and 100 Luck (from PoFoF). Because he is a Z rank, he will likely be one of your last pulls, but it is possible to get lucky and pull him earlier.

16. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

The trick is to amass coins by whatever the most efficient current method; currently it's doing Coin Creeps and whatnot on the weekends, but while Battle Champs was going, the best method (and one I used to clear PoF) was grinding for the Yukken and Samatha otomos over and over again, selling them for 50,000 gold every time you got one (or got a 2nd one).

17. munk

munk Member

You can get 2 100Luck units like Kinos or 8-bits, farm MM^ in a 1stamina stage, fuse them and sell MM^^ for 20K coins each.
    It's very tedious but this is the most profitable strategy stamina-wise and it's always available unlike Coin Creeps or Battle Champs.

18. Kilroy512

Kilroy512 New Member

Thanks for the tips. I had actually figured out the 1 stam farm trick but it's not ideal for exp which is what I need at the moment. I'm trying to work up my trinity after wasting a lot of effort on getting clara and lvling terrible Z ranks like Lacuma and to a lesser extent Edglow. Jury seems to still be out on Senala but I was lucky enough to get and lvl Jennish /\ without knowing how strong he was. Going to make a separate thread though since I need a bit of help deciding what to prioritize.

19. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Active Member

Chapter 5.8 is one of the best places for good coins/stamna and exp/stamina.

20. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    What typo? I see no typo.