[Journal] kiya's Terra Battle adventure

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by kiya, Nov 19, 2015.

1. kiya

kiya Member

Hi everyone,

For those who don't know my past, I was a very hardcore non-IAP player, getting closer and closer to drain Pact of Truth. However, my studies and life got higher priority and I gave up playing the game, giving my account to a friend.

I restarted recently (about 19 days so far). I will still play non-IAP and will be aggressive although not as aggressive as I was. Here, I will be recording my journey, and hopefully getting better and better with your feedback.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. kiya

kiya Member

Goals
    1. Drain Pact of Friendship
    2. Drain Pact of Truth
    3. Create a farming guide
    4. Recode Lucia
      1. 2015.11.19: obtained Leonidas
      2. 2015.11.20: obtained 5 Lanterns and 5 Ancient Maps.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    lz14luis likes this.
  3. kiya

kiya Member

Farming Guide

This guide will remind me how to efficiently spend my stamina when I need to do speed runs. I will update it as my priorities change.

First the basics: on a normal day, 6-8 gives you 0.4 expected metal tickets for 7 stamina. In other words, 1 metal ticket is approximately 17.5 stamina. So, in normal days, one should never run Metal Zone higher than MZ3. On a Chapter 6 double item drop day, one should never run Metal Zone since a metal ticket is approximately 9 stamina, which is lower than MZ1 cost.

It is always okay to run the following when there is time (with the order of importance):
    1. Chapter 1-5: you can never skill boost enough.
    2. Chapter 20-1: for leveling characters, rare ores, other items, and good money.
    The following should only be run (e.g., during work) if I need to burn stamina fast unless there is an immediate need for an item:
    1. Metal Zone 1, 2, or 3. Run only All Hail the King unless it is absolutely necessary.
    2. Any rare item (except the ones mentioned below) when it is on double drop and when it is the best place to farm.
    3. Chapter 6-8 on double drop.
    It is okay to run Chapter 6-8 on normal days if I have to burn stamina fast, there is nothing better to do, or it does not make sense to level or skill boost characters.

I should never run the following:
    1. Any rare ores except Orichalcum. I will be getting more than enough for the remaining from 20-1.
    2. Pudding time. Unless I need Green Rings. That is still the best place to grab them.
    3. Any race specified item that can be obtained in 20-1.
    Item Farming Guide
      1. Sea Tears @4-3 (0.2 expected drop),
      2. Rainbow Tears @9-7 (0.8 expected drop),
        1. Q: Does Rainbow Tears keep dropping if you let Flame Urchins review each other?
      3. Warped Particle @14-4 (0.4 expected drop)
      4. Spirit Tears @19-5 (0.4 expected drop) (only if you are desperate as @10-5 is better),
    1. Same as Day 1
    2. Same as Day 4
      1. Animation, Dark Matter, Moon Tear, Oxescium @20-1 (0.4 expected drop)
      2. Gungnir @10-10 (0.3 expected drop)
      3. Heartwood Sword @20-1 (0.26 expected drop)
      4. Orichalcum @15-6 (0.4 expected drop)
    3. Same as Day 4
    4. Same as Day 7
      1. Metal Ticket @6-8 (0.8 expected drop)
      2. Asclepius @16-10 (0.3 expected drop)
      3. Lore Particle @11-5 (0.4 expected drop)
      4. Mantle Helix @31-10 (0.4 expected drop)
    5. Same as Day 7.
    6. Same as Day 10.
      1. Flame of Indra @12-2 (0.3 expected drop)
      2. Heartwood Wand @22-5 (0.26 expected drop)
      3. Sea Tears @7-7 (0.4 expected drop)
    7. Same as Day 10.
    8. Same as Day 13.
      1. Excalibur @18-10 (0.3 expected drop)
      2. Ether @23-10 (0.26 expected drop)
      3. Gae Bolg @8-10 (0.3 expected drop)
      4. Heartwood Bow @13-8 (0.26 expected drop)
      5. Spirit Particle @23-3 (0.4 expected drop)
      6. Wish Particle @13-8 (0.4 expected drop)
      7. Wormhole @23-3 (0.26 expected drop)
    9. Same as Day 13.
    10. Same as Day 1.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  4. kiya

kiya Member

Reserved for table of contents.

5. White Mage

White Mage Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Welcome back, m8. ;)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    kiya likes this.
  6. kiya

kiya Member

Reserved for other I.

7. kiya

kiya Member

Reserved for other II.

8. kiya

kiya Member

Reserved for other III.

9. kiya

kiya Member

Reserved for other IV.

10. kiya

kiya Member

Reserved for other V.

I hope that this will be enough.

11. kiya

kiya Member

2015.11.16 - The beginning

I restarted Terra Battle after a long pause. I will be less hardcore this time but still maintain my gamer's pride. Although this is my first post, it had been almost two weeks since I restarted.

My first roll was, well, I don't remember. Most likely, Sh'berdan. After the tutorial, Grace joined my cause. Since I did not get a very good starting roll, I decided to continue rolling until I get a good mix of characters. Of course, I still don't have the chance to roll S, SS, or Z characters, but I rolled the following characters: O'pari, Kana, Ma'curi, Ka'pori, Sorman, Burbaba, Pahrl. Along the way as usual, Ba'gunar and Palpa joined to my cause. Finally, I managed to farm Lucia after failing once her dungeon (I failed when I tried pre-emptively with a low-level team).

I am quite happy with the following characters: Grace (dragon slayer), Pahrl (bow utility), Ba'gunar, Lucia (my only mage), Sorman (alright healer), Kana (one of the best remedy in the game), Ka'pori (sword utility). As you can see, I don't really have a specialized team yet, but things will happen in time.
    upload_2015-11-19_14-40-25.png
    Along the way, I also farmed some monsters despite the fact that I don’t have Yukken, also known as, Negotiator Pro.

yzyz likes this.
  12. kiya

kiya Member

Lucia II – Leonidas

I had to kill 35 stamina during work. As usual, I overestimated my skills and entered Lucia II with a half-baked team. To my defense, all members in my team were over L65. To not my defense, most of them did not even have the third job enabled.

Team: Lucia (< L65), Grace (> L65, third job), Ma’curi (> L65, second job), Sorman (> L65, first job), Ba’gunar (> L65, third job), Kana (> L65, second job)

As you can see, it is pretty bad. If my half-baked team was not enough, I forgot to include Wild Beast debuff of Grace, which I think is critical for victory with such a team. Overall, I failed because I thought the fight would be way too easy and did the following mistakes (which I should not do in the future).
    1. Use characters that are not on their third job.
    2. Use characters that are not L65 on all jobs, which prevented me getting the best combination of skills. For example, Ba’gunar and Grace were < L65 on his first job.
    3. Don’t investigate dungeon details in advance. This includes not investigating boss’ attacks.
    4. Don’t change skills according to dungeon specs.
    I have spent more than an hour for the fight restarting whenever I need to. It takes a little bit getting used to, but I made it to the last floor safe and sound. The problem was, of course, Leonidas. It took me forever to understand his attack pattern. I really should pay more attention to the specs in the future since I am losing time when I don’t. I also think that the starting position of the characters for the last floor is critical since your party is divided.

I still think that I can get Leonidas during this event, however recoding Lucia – or at least getting the required items – seems out of question. Well, there will always be another event…

There were two main points I realized from this battle:
    1. There is a huge difference between the survival of B and SS class characters. I do love my Ma’curi and he is a beast, however he is the true definition of glass cannon. While Ma’curi was in the verge of death with each hit from Leonidas, my lovely Lucia was enjoying the fire.
    2. Skill boosting really matters. Well, I did know this before, however it really helps if you are sure that each and every skill you have will be activated, regardless of Power Point consumption.

13. kiya

kiya Member

2015.11.19 – Becoming Novice

Alright, I agree that it does not make sense to level up three days after my first entry. That being said, it had been 17 days since I started the game and I think it was time.

In the store mode, I am close to finishing Chapter 21. For the last three days, I had been running 20-1 almost exclusively for leveling my characters. I can do very successful runs in terms of experience gain in around 20-25 minutes, which is satisfactory. Other than that I farmed a few particles during double drop for day 1 and I ran a few hunting zones to enable the third job for Ka’pori and the second job for Sh’berdan.

I am somewhat happy with my skill boosting progress although it is going painfully slow. On the other hand, Grace and Ba’gunar are now L90 on their third jobs and Kana is very close. Well, I guess you cannot get everything you want…

Another immediate issue is the lack of metal tickets. I burned through my stock to power level-up my current characters, which had tremendous help with my progress. However, now that I am out of stock, I need to figure out a way to get more.

I also realized that unless you need to burn stamina very fast, it does not make much sense to run Coin Creeps anymore.
    upload_2015-11-19_14-42-27.png

yzyz likes this.
  14. kiya

kiya Member

Conquering Leonidas – the Second Round

As promised, after leveling Grace, Ba’gunar, and Ma’curi, I went back to Leonidas. The team was: Palpa, Ba’gunar, Grace, Ma’curi, Kana, and Lucia. All characters were at their third job and except Palpa, all characters enabled all skills. Grace and Ba’gunar were L90 at their third job.

This time I remembered to add Wild Beast debuff of Grace. However, I realized that Leonidas was also immune to this debuff. Music to my ears! Again, I need to better check the dungeon stats. Sigh…

Overall, the fight was quite easy. I did not need to reset any level; I was just careful with overall placement at the end of the fourth floor. I did lose Palpa and Ma’curi in the last stage, but I was able to tank Leonidas’ attacks with very little issue.

15. kiya

kiya Member

Recoding Lucia

I thought this was not possible at all since Leonidas was very powerful. However, after looking at the dungeon specs for Storm Witch, I think this is worth trying. Storm Witch does not seem very powerful as long as you can manage pincering the Healing Orbling, without killing it. I think I can use Palpa and Kana/Lucia to do this deed while keep hitting the Storm Witch with the rest of the team. Well, one can dream, right?

That being said, I lost a lot of time. There are ~10 days before the event is gone, which gives me approximately 2880 natural stamina. I miss 12 rebasing items, which will approximately take me 17 runs to collect, assuming that I can successfully clear each stage. Over-approximating, 17 runs for Storm Witch is 680 stamina, which leaves 2200 stamina for leveling. This is 88 runs on 20-1, when used perfectly.

88 runs on 20-1 would give my characters approximately 3.5M XP, which is quite a bit of experience. But what to level? Current priority:
    • Get Palpa to L65 on the first job. Although it is 30%, extend time can definitely help with better pincer positions.
    • Get Palpa to L20 on the second job. Another slot is always nice to have.
    • Level Palpa on the third job as much as possible. She actually has good stats and durability.
    • Level Lucia as much as possible. Again, she has very good durability.
    • Get Kana to L90 on the third job.
    • Get Ma’curi to L90 on the third job.
    • Get as much skill boost as possible.
    I will re-evaluate my chances of recording Lucia as I progress along. Even if I manage to record her, I doubt that I will be able to recruit her again. That will have to wait for the next event.

16. kiya

kiya Member

Thanks Arc. The game changed a lot! while I was gone and I am still trying to catch up slowly. I am not that stressed this time though.

I have updated all the content I had recorded so far. I will update goals and some other stuff soon.

17. White Mage

White Mage Well-Known Member

Medals:
    There have been changes. In case you don't know (most) them, here's a useful guide.

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads...ou-missed-from-when-you-stopped-playing.9492/

18. smilylynx

smilylynx New Member

Hi Kiya,

I pinned your post as a favorite to follow your progression. Good luck for Lucia's quest and the Storm Witch ^^

19. kiya

kiya Member

This was extremely useful to catch-up, thank you for that. Some points I should probably remember:
    1. I did not know that buddies could increase SB chance! This is (good) news. That being said, the best buddy seems to be coming from Chapter 34, which I have no idea whether I can clear reliably or not yet. On the positive side, I already wanted to progress in the story to increase my max stamina pool for better stamina management, so that aligns with my goals. Evolving the buddy seems very painful to be honest.
    2. Nice to see that Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin events are regulars now. I really miss them from my old account. The bad news is that they were back in September, so I really have to wait for them. The good news is that I can be (more) ready for them. Does anyone know whether Bahamut and Leviathan are still affected by Grace's debuff? In any case, this increases the importance of recoding Lucia for a good mage.
    3. It looks like that some promotional events might not come back ever. That is sad. That being said, maybe they will, so hope remains.
    Thanks mate, let me know if you have any suggestions.

20. kiya

kiya Member

Lucia – Where are my compasses?

I think the curse of RNG strikes me again. So far, I have done 10 successfully Lucia I and II runs (I believe 7 Lucia I and 3 Lucia II). Guess what drops I got so far? 5 Lanterns and 5 Ancient Maps! Well, in some sense, this is good since I have already completed 2 of the recoding items. However, guess how many compasses I have? You guessed it right, 0!

According to wikia, compass is 50% chance from Lucia II or Lucia III. Is that really true? I have never seen a compass from Lucia II for the three runs I did. Considering that I have to make another Lucia III run, this translates into at least 9 Lucia II and 1 Lucia III runs, which is 355 stamina.

That being said, I miscalculated the amount of stamina I have before the event is over. During double drop day for Chapter 6 (metal tickets), I don’t want to spend stamina on anything but metal tickets. I am already out of them and I know that I WIILL need them. So, there is 8 days before the event is over, but for almost 2 days (with time travel), I will be farming metal tickets, so 6 days of stamina = 1728. This leaves approximately 1373 stamina for running 20-1 for leveling, which is 55 runs, or approximately 2.2M XP per character. I think I am safe in terms of leveling Ma’curi and Kana, but cannot say the same for Palpa. I need to make some choices. Also, this assumes that I have average luck with compass drops, which might not be the case. I will re-evaluate as we go along.