[Journal] kiya's Terra Battle adventure

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by kiya, Nov 19, 2015.

1. kiya

kiya Member

This is true. Unfortunately, I mostly play TB when I am on a bus with bad connection (while going to work and coming back to home). So, not the best place to do co-op :(

2. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Oh >_<
    well in that case is a little more difficult
    Well the good part is that there are ticket double drop in a couple of days and also MZ5/MZ6 event on arena so you can lvl some chars to 70 with that.
    Also there is half stamina CC that is going to be great for your POF.
    http://www.terra-battle.com/en/schedule/

3. kiya

kiya Member

Thanks for the reminders. @Silver Mitsuki also reminded me about the half stamina event, which this time I will be running quite a bit. Is that the same as the normal ones?

I already have quite a bit of tickets (over 150), so that should suffice for the upcoming Metal Zone event as well.

4. Rydia

Medals:
    Yeah in arena you can find CC1 CC2 and CC3 but they cost only half stamina

5. kiya

kiya Member

The Last Story: Hope and Despair

The last story is coming back! This is good news as it might mean that many collabs might come back as well. In my previous account, it took me a few tries to get both Calista and Zeal in last story. I do not remember whether I used the “trinity” to clear the stage though. At the beginning, I really thought that with S/L and my skills, I could get both Zeal and Calista this time as well, but in the chat I had been reminded that it is close to impossible due to not enough DPS.

On good news, thanks to story progression, light SB farming, and metal ticket farming, My Grace and my Ma’curi are 70% SB and have guaranteed activation for their skills. This is especially very important for Ma’curi as he will be my MVP in this dungeon. Considering that this dungeon is based on DPS and healing, I was thinking the following team: LuciaZ, Grace, Ma’curi, Pahrl, Kana, ???. @Silver Mitsuki reminded me that magic is pretty useless in this dungeon (except one floor). LuciaZ is still one of the best choices, even just considering that floor. Pahrl is close to guaranteed activation with 62.9% SB (and her frequency). I prefer Kana over Sorman due to her guaranteed activation. Sorman is 30.8% SB, but might be a better candidate due to larger healing abilities.

Assuming that I cleared this dungeon with L70 characters previous times, this time with L90 characters it should not be that difficult, right? Well, we will see in time. Most likely, for a long time, it will be preparing for the dungeon and in the last week (or few days) attempting to clear it.

But what about the last character? I have Ba’gunar and Ka’pori. However, Ka’pori is pretty low DPS and low SB (16.2%). Ba’gunar on the other hand useless due to magic attribute. Again @Silver Mitsuki mentioned that my best bet is to continue finishing PoF to get Suoh, who is a considerable DPS for this dungeon. We will see how it goes.

Today and tomorrow, I will probably be farming metal tickets for the future. Although I have farmed less than 10 so far (with 80-90 stamina), good news is that I am also getting skill boosts during the runs.

6. kiya

kiya Member

Intermediate Goal: Being Ready for the Next 10/2

As 10/2 seems to be a regular thing now, I would like to get ready for it. Looking at the skill boosting page of TBS, I see that for ~900 1-5 runs, I can finish Palpa, Kana, Pahrl, Grace, Ba’gunar, Sorman, and Ma’curi. Well, the Math is a little off, but you got the idea. I don’t know when the next 10/2 will happen, but I am wondering whether I could do 1000 @1-5 runs before that time. If this was my previous account, that would only take 5 days (well, maybe a week…).

7. Rydia

Medals:
    About the TLS dont give too much credit to people. I got zael and calista with really bad teams and isnt that hard (sl helps a lot) I evend finished it with a full mages account (ok they were z but was a fresh 2 weeks? acc with lvl 60 mages that havent been sbed....)
    I think that silver is right about finishing POF. This will give you the best advantage to do the dungeon.
    Finishing POF will give your Sheena Suoh Camellia and Seyriu (also a lvl 1 Jaguna^ if you recode her). Those characters together with what you have should be enough to get Zael/Calista.
    Pof can be easily done in 4-6 weeks. You have a half stamina event this week. So i will focus on that.

In some of my multiple runs to do the TLS i even get Calista First and then use her to get Zael. I did TLS with mage/bows/spears/swords teams, with trinity, with mixed teams... without trinity and in almost all the cases i was using lvl 65- 75~~~non-sbed teams so is totally posible for you to do it.
    Edit: also if you feel like you are low in DPS to get Zael you dont really need a dedicated healer like sorman getting and leveling calista is enough for your heal (you only need to think a little more the pincers due to heal all but toally doable, i did it), and Calista + Sheena is golden for healing here.
    So finishing the POF will give you Sheena/Suoh/Camellia/Seyriu to work it. Together with your Lucia/Macuri/Kapori. And if you dont mind a little extra leveling then you can also have Jaguna^ (after completing POF) and Calista (once the event start). This will be a pretty good roster to clear it really easily. So i will put all my effort on POF and next half stamina event now.
    In the case you are not able to finish POF ill still focus on getting Calista and using her on the own dungeon bc your actual team is really low on DPS.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  8. kiya

kiya Member

Getting Ready for The Last Story (TLS)

After long discussions with senior players, I realized my best bet to get both characters from TLS is to drain PoF by the middle of the event, latest. This correlates with one of my major goals of draining PoF, so why not?

Thanks to the help of many forum players, specifically @Rydia, @Jeba, @dyniel, @Dada, and @Jirokichi, I was able to leach a lot of runs and farm monsters from many low-level stages. This is especially important since I cannot farm these stages efficiently myself due to Negotiator Pro. L35 requirement. Thanks to these events, I am currently 26% PoF complete.

Here are some of the new additions to my 100% SB monsters.

upload_2015-12-14_21-11-27.png upload_2015-12-14_21-11-35.png upload_2015-12-14_21-11-40.png upload_2015-12-14_21-11-44.png upload_2015-12-14_21-11-49.png upload_2015-12-14_21-11-53.png upload_2015-12-14_21-11-56.png

I have no idea when I completed the Arachnobot. However, I apparently forgot to post it. I completed Mech Orbling thanks to @Rydia. I completed Regenercell myself (with help from @Jeba). I completed Sabertooth, Spinetrich, and Sabertooth King thanks to @Jeba (with previous help from @Silver Mitsuki). I completed Golem thanks to @Dada (and others).

When I cannot farm monster drops, I generally farm Coin Creeps (CC) or 20-1 for gold. I have accumulated 1.4M gold and I am well-prepared for the half CC event. I started the day (4 PM my time) with 110 stamina, and will be farming it non-stop for 3 days. I am hoping to benefit ~1M gold from this event. Assuming that I can really get this amount, I should be more than 60% done for PoF, considering no leaching.

Running CC and monster farming also helped with SB levels of my characters. I still cannot skill boost as fast as I would like, but any progress is always welcome.

(There is something wrong going with TBS picture generation so I cannot post updated adventurer progress. I will add the picture once the website is responsive again)

Jirokichi and Rydia like this.
  9. kiya

kiya Member

Thanks! (and I will :))

10. kiya

kiya Member

Coins, Weekly Challenge, Coins, Monster Farming, did I Say Coins?

For the last 4-5 days, I am farming CC almost non-stop. First, we had the half stamina event for 3 days and then weekend came with time travel. Farming CC helped me accumulate quite a bit of coins: I currently have 2.4M coins. It means that I could not get 1M out of the half-stamina event, but I did get 1M coins at the end…

When I was not farming coins, I was farming monster drops with the help of friends. Thanks to @Rydia, @Silver Mitsuki, @Kindren, and @Dreydus (sorry if I forgot anyone), I was able to finish the following:
    upload_2015-12-19_15-17-28.png upload_2015-12-19_15-17-32.png upload_2015-12-19_15-17-38.png upload_2015-12-19_15-17-42.png
    I am currently 29% PoF-complete according to TBS. I need 4.06M gold to finish PoF, so technically, I am 65-70% done. I have 5 days before TLS. It is impossible for me to finish by that time, but if I can find people to host stages, I can get very close. By the middle of the event (in ~15-20 days), I should be done if I can farm like this.

Finally, yesterday, I did the weekly challenge. Since it was over in 2 days, I think I would be risking completing it if I waited until the weekend. In my first run, I completed it in 1:41 (with the 3 seconds recording bonus)! In my second run, I also got the energy bonus. I at least got the boss drop on both runs.

Farming CC also helped quite a bit with my character’s skill boosts. I still haven’t finished any characters, but some are getting close. I really hope that before the next 10/2 event, I can finish most of this batch.

By the way TBS’ picture generation seems to be broken still. Does anyone know what is going on?

Rydia likes this.
  11. Rydia

Medals:
    I can host you now if you need @kiya

12. kiya

kiya Member

More Efficient PoF Farming with Co-Op
    PoF farming is going non-stop and full speed. I am farming either @20-1 or @CC, or farming monster drops with @Rydia, @Dreydus, and @Jeba (and others, sorry for forgetting).

Per @Rydia’s request, I update my journal with progress with respect to her farming guide: http://i.imgur.com/A4XuHEC.png

Chapter 2 = Complete.
    Chapter 3 = Incomplete (missing a lot).
    Chapter 4 = Incomplete (missing 4.8).
    Chapter 5 = Incomplete (missing 5.3).
    Chapter 6 = Complete.
    Chapter 7 = Incomplete (missing a lot).
    Chapter 8 = Complete.
    Chapter 9 = Incomplete (missing 9-8).
    Chapter 10 = Incomplete (missing a lot).
    Chapter 11 = Incomplete (missing 11-3 and 11-10).
    Chapter 12 = Incomplete (missing a lot).
    Chapter 13 = Incomplete (missing 13-4 and 13-6).
    Chapter 14 = Incomplete (missing 14-6).
    Chapter 15 = Complete.
    Chapter 16, 17, 18 = N/A
    Chapter 19 = Incomplete (missing 19-6).
    Chapter 20 = N/A
    Chapter 21 = Complete.
    Chapter 22 = Incomplete (missing 22-10 and 22-1).
    Chapter 23 = Incomplete (missing 23-10, 23-9, and 23-8).
    Chapter 24 = N/A
    Chapter 25 = Incomplete (missing 25-2).
    Chapter 26 = Incomplete (missing 26-7).
    Chapter 27 = Incomplete (missing 27-7).
    Chapter 28 = Incomplete (missing 28-6, 28-9, 28-3, and 28-10).
    Chapter 32 = Incomplete (missing 32-5 and 32-10).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
  13. Rydia

Medals:
    Just to have it a little more tidy mmmm

DD->Dec 23 Jan 7
    Chapter 2 = Complete.
    Chapter 7 = Complete.
    Chapter 12 = Complete.
    Chapter 22 = Complete.

DD->Dec 26 Jan 10
    Chapter 3 = Incomplete (missing a lot).
    Chapter 8 = Complete.
    Chapter 13 = Complete.

Chapter 23 = Incomplete (missing 23-10, 23-9, and 23-8).

DD> Dec 29 Jan 13
    Chapter 4 = Incomplete (missing 4.8). Can do on Non DD with 2 Neg Pro
    Chapter 9 = Incomplete (missing 9-8).
    Chapter 14 = Incomplete (missing 14-6).
    Chapter 19 = Incomplete (missing 19-6).

DD> Jan 1 Jan 16
    Chapter 5 = Incomplete (missing 5.3). Can do on Non DD with 2 Neg Pro
    Chapter 10 = Incomplete (missing a lot).
    Chapter 15 = Complete.
    Chapter 25 = Incomplete (missing 25-2).

DD> Jan 4 Jan 19
    Chapter 6 = Complete.

Chapter 11 = Incomplete (missing 11-3 and 11-10).
    Chapter 21 = Complete.

Those I think you can complete with coins.

Chapter 26 = Incomplete (missing 26-7).
    Chapter 27 = Incomplete (missing 27-7).
    Chapter 28 = Incomplete (missing 28-6, 28-9, 28-3, and 28-10).
    Chapter 32 = Incomplete (missing 32-5 and 32-10).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  14. kiya

kiya Member

First 100% & More PoF farming.
    I finally got my first 100% SB character. Although she is not in PoT, seeing LuciaZ 100% makes me really happy!
    upload_2015-12-23_20-42-48.png
    With the extremely focused help of @Rydia and others, over the last week, I have done a lot of monster farming and completed the following:
    upload_2015-12-23_20-43-15.png upload_2015-12-23_20-43-18.png upload_2015-12-23_20-43-22.png upload_2015-12-23_20-43-24.png upload_2015-12-23_20-43-28.png upload_2015-12-23_20-43-30.png upload_2015-12-23_20-43-34.png
    I am 46% PoF complete, excluding coins. With coins, I need ~400K coin-worth of drops (farm ~10 monsters from scratch).

On the other hand, I just realized that double drop day for Chapter 3 is coming to a really bad time. It is Christmas and the day after Christmas. I had plans with family for the whole Saturday, so I have to see how this will work out for me. I really really want to finish that Chapter though…

Attached Files:

Rydia likes this.
  15. kiya

kiya Member

Since there is a 10-image per post restriction: the remaining of farming:
    upload_2015-12-23_20-45-22.png upload_2015-12-23_20-45-26.png upload_2015-12-23_20-45-28.png upload_2015-12-23_20-45-32.png upload_2015-12-23_20-45-34.png

Rydia likes this.
  16. kiya

kiya Member

TLS Started and I am Still Farming PoF

The Last Story is here and here for 37 days. That is good news. The bad news? I am still farming PoF and there is another capturable in the last story: a new Otomo. Damn!

Thanks to many member’s help, I was able to complete the following:
    upload_2015-12-24_14-33-27.png upload_2015-12-24_14-33-30.png upload_2015-12-24_14-33-35.png upload_2015-12-24_14-33-37.png

I am currently 48% PoF complete. I am really really close to pulling with money. I am missing about 300K, a.k.a., 10 monsters from scratch. I think I will start pulling once I complete everything up to and including Chapter 10 (maybe some more, I am not sure).

On the other hand, I realized that I forgot to consider the upgrade items I need for PoF characters. After today’s farming with some friends, I still need the following:
    • Green rings: 7
    • Wish Particle: 1
    • Spirit Tears: 1
    • Warped Particle: 1
    • White Hole: 1
    • Hearthwood Wand: 1
    This means there is very little chance that I can pull PoF and level all characters to 90 before the metal zone event is done. This is too bad, but considering I have 37 more days, I think this is okay.

Completely unrelated, PoT farming is also going pretty well. My current set of characters are getting close to 80%, well at least most of them. I think I should be able to finish most, if not all, before the next 10/2 event.

17. kiya

kiya Member

About Upgrading Metal Minions
    With the new patch (3.4) we can upgrade Metal Minions. The question is: is it profitable?

For starters, you exchange 10 MM with 1 MM^, saving companion space. Also, you get to gain a lot of XP using one companion, instead of keep paying for higher levels. On the other hand, the upgrade takes money and you lose 9 MM in the process. So, there are advantages and disadvantages in the process…

Here is the Math:
    - Without the upgrade, you have 10 MM, which gives 30,000 XP and costs at least 500 coins.
    - The upgrade costs 1106 gold and gives you a MM^, which gives 50,000 XP and costs at least 50 coins.

So, if it was possible to feed all 10 MM to a companion, then it would 656 gold more expensive to feed MM^ instead of 10 MM, however the companion would get 20,000 more XP. Considering that it is not possible to feed 10 MM to a companion at level 1 (you can at most feed 4 at a given time), it is almost always wiser to upgrade a MM.

Veteran players, please do let me know if there is a mistake in my calculations.

Rydia likes this.
  18. Kindren

Kindren Member

Don't forget the +exp chances. If you use your MMs for a + event, your max with 4 MM^ + 100% = 400,000 exp (pretty good, can fill a S rank up pretty well), and your max with 4 regular MM + 100% = 24,000. I would say that upgrading to MM^ is almost always worth it. I would keep maybe 5 regular MMs in case you find yourself with 5,000 exp to finish up, then you will waste less exp.

kiya and Rydia like this.
  19. Rydia

Medals:
    I only use MM^ now and the normal ones just to finish levels yes

20. kiya

kiya Member

Makes sense @Rydia and @Kindren. Thanks for suggestions and confirmation.