[Journal] kiya's Terra Battle adventure

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by kiya, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Jack'C

Jack'C Active Member

If not rush to upgrade any very useful or high-rank otomos, maybe you don't need that many MM^ for now, since I just stacked up more than 150 MM^ by just running MZ4~6 and I got no particular otomo I want to lv up for now :love: (Didn't roll COT at all and Have 3 Max lv skullsplitter & B-Bow & DC for each already)
    Maybe eventually I would have to sell MM^ which is hilarious:hilarious:
    6 MM = 3000 = 1 roll for POF, if finishing POF is your 1st priority...............Maybe you take half MMs to sell, half to upgrade:p;)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  2. kiya

kiya Member

@Jack'C: very nice point that I haven't considered, thanks!

2015.12.29 – TLS, PoF, PoT, Descends: in Summary, Event Madness

Mistwalker did its worst to turn a lovely Christmas – New Year schedule into a nightmare: we are getting overloaded with events!

PoF Madness
    I will be starting with PoF since that is pretty much what I had been doing for the last few weeks. Thanks to unlimited help of many forum members, including but not limited to @Kindren, @Rydia, and @Jeba, I am very very close to finishing PoF. I have farmed all the monsters I would like to, and at this point I have enough money to drain it. I am just waiting to level my characters before pulling dupes to automatically bring them to L90 on all jobs.

Let me emphasize that this was not an easy job. Hell, it was an impossible job without the help of friends! I have leached numerous amount of stamina. I have miscalculated the amount of job materials I will be needed for PoF characters. On top of this, we got MZ 5-6 AHTK event out of nowhere. At this point, I was already close to finishing PoF, so with a last (very valuable) push from Rydia, I came to a point where I could pull with coins.

Still, I did three miscalculations: First, I forgot to farm all required job items for PoF characters: on the last day of MZ event, I was trying to farm particles, etc. Second, I miscalculated the time to efficiently farm MZ 5 AHTK. With the companion animations, it does take quite a bit of time per run. And finally, I miscalculated the time required to actually pulling PoF. It has been a while, so I was never expecting that slow animation. I also had to be out with friends on the last day of MZ event, so I was not able to pull whole PoF, bring everyone to the levels that I should, and complete with success.

My initial goals before the MZ event was over were:
    1. Drain PoF except dupes of the characters.
    2. Enable all jobs for all characters.
    3. Bring A/B characters to L70 (except Jaguna, which should be L60), bring SS/Z characters to L40.
    4. Drain PoF: all characters except Jaguna should be 100% SB and L90 on all jobs.
    5. Recode Jaguna.
    6. Pull PoF once more, get Jaguna again. Enable all her jobs and bring her to L70 on all jobs.
    7. Drain PoF once more to bring Jaguna to 100% SB and L90 on all jobs.
    When I missed MZ event, I thought I could level-up my characters using Chaos, 20-1, or something else. However, Mistwalker stroke with event madness which made this impossible. So, my new goals are:
    1. Drain PoF except dupes of characters: DONE.
    2. Bring all SS/Z characters to L40: only missing Sheena, which I pulled recently, and all A/B characters to L50: DONE.
    3. Drain PoF.
    4. Recode Jaguna.
    5. Pull PoF once more, get Jaguna again. Enable all her jobs and bring her to L50 on all jobs.
    6. Drain PoF again to bring Jaguna to 100% SB.
    As you can see, my current goal is highly based on removing dupes from PoT, rather than truly completing PoF. Considering that I won’t need high levels of A/B characters immediately and they take a lot of stamina to level-up, I can always do these in the future, in my spare time (if I have any)

10/2 is back?
    I guess this was supposed to happen at some point, but happened way before I expected. Currently, I have quite a bit of chance (36%) to roll dupes. This is even worse for silvers. So, to get the most of the event, I wanted to finish as much silvers (and gold) I can before pulling. The main problem is time: the event is almost here and will be here for three days, but skill boosting takes years. I will have energy for 2 pulls of batch 10, but I am not sure whether I will be doing the second pull.

With these news, I returned back to @1-5 fast to SB as much as I can before the event is over and I pull some (hopefully new) stuff. My current batch is: Pahrl, Ma’curi, Sorman, Ba’gunar, Grace, and Kana. This is a very good batch with 4/6 characters are two-phasers. Sorman and Ma’curi is very close and should be done today. Does anyone remember how much (at most) you can SB a day?

Ideally, I want to finish these before pulling: Palpa, Kana, Pahrl, Grace, Ma’curi, Ba’gunar, and Sorman. If I played non-stop, I guess I could also finish Ka’pori and Sh’berdan, but I don’t think that is worth it. With just Palpa, it is less likely to pull her out of 2 pulls (I don’t think I will get more than 2 golds), so I might even be willing to skip her for my sanity.

If I can really finish those characters, then my only dupes would be: Burbaba, O’pari, Sh’berdan, and Ka’pori. Burbaba and O’pari dupes almost never hurt and I could live with Ka’pori dupe. I guess Sh’berdan would hurt the most since she is a two-phaser as well.

Bahamut, Leviathan, Odin, aka BLO
    I have been waiting for these for quite a bit of time, but again, the timing could not be worse. These descends are quite easy with the increased level cap and my set of characters, especially with Grace. However, the main issue with these descends is to get the recode monsters. Without a negotiator, you are basically praying for RNG Gods and considering that the descends are back for 2 weeks and there is so much going on, I don’t think it is worth it.

Ideally, my goals for this event would be:
    1. Farm Bahamut, Leviathan, and Odin, enable all their jobs.
    2. Farm their recode monsters, recode them.
    3. Re-farm Bahamut Leviathan, and Odin.
    However, considering the time limitations, my goals will be:
    1. Farm Bahamut, Leviathan, and Odin, enable all their jobs.
    2. Farm Leviathan’s recode monster, recode her (I heard that this can be done with infinite spawn method).
    3. Re-farm Leviathan.
    Too bad since I really like those characters, but I guess they will be back in 3 months or so, right?

Leaving the Last Story to the Last
    The whole reason of my recent rushes were to complete TLS event. By complete, I mean get perfect and visionary fates. With so much going on, I think I am happy to just get the perfect fate and will call it a victory for getting both Zeal and Calista. I will probably have time (and work on) visionary fate, but the clock is ticking…

Since it had been a while since I wrote an update, there are probably things that I left out, but I think this was a good summary. Hope you enjoy it!

Ether likes this.
  3. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    I would just risk the 2/10 event :S maybe you get a negotiator.
    And i would totally get the monster for the 3 descents.

4. Rydia

Medals:
    What I would do.
    If you really think you can finish SBing characters before the 2/10 event is finished go for it.
    If you think you cant....Dont overworry. I mean Palpa dupe for sure hurts, but 50 energys arent as hard to get now as they used to be so I will pulling from event anyway. Remember that as soon as you get your characters you will be able to complete more content including pvp and weekly challengues which give a good amount of energies.
    You must decide if you want to priority descents/sb characters
    So:
    1> Complete SB of chars (if you think you are able to do this and the POF before the 2/10 event finish, if not, just skip). Personally i would skip this point and get some dupes just to have more stamina to farm the descents.
    2> Complete the POF characters if you dont want to go all the way to 70 for the A/Bs just go. 40/40/40 for goldens. go 60/60/60 for A/B, (lets face it maralme/velraine arent really the top a/b and leveling them to 60 allows you to instant recode if necesary). Dont recode Jaguna and risk her on the event.
    3> Pull from event. Risk with your SB characters and a JagunaZ but if you get some of the negotiators will inmensely helps you with the descents.
    4> Farm Bahamut/Leviatan/Odin and get 1 monster of each AND farm them for SB (getting a nego will really help you a lot here even if it is Sam) To get their skill activation you should farm them to 60% before recoding so after recoding are 80% for levi/baha. But if not enough time just go for 50%50%50% sb on the 3 get the 3 jobs and the monsters. THIS will inmensely help you. You can level and recode them later and this will give you 3 really good Z characters that will help you to get some energys on WC and PvP. Yes i think that even wasting some energys on refill if necesary. Bc again, each week you are not doing the WC you are losing 1 energy.
    5> you still have time for TLS so farm zael/calista and get the tiger.

This planning dont let you time for SB. Isnt as hardcore as other. But you get good characters and is fun to do. So I will go for this. Is your choice anyway. But you have plenty of time for SBing later and really the descents will make a huge difference on your account.
    After all this you can recode jaguna.
    This will get you Seyriu Bahaz Leviz OdinZ Zael Calista Sheena Suoh Camellia which are a lot of usefull characters in the time of a month.
    Bad part: getting dupes on the 10/2. But even with all your characters SB you could still get some crappy golden dupe or even a new B and dupe him 6 times (I got 2 bonnas......on one event, bonna isnt crappy but got her dupe)

So just to make clear my point here:
    Your account can really wait 1 month for continue SBing. Isnt that much time.
    You are trying to be efficient but i think you are bringing that too far IMO. Sb inst a thing for new accounts which at this point you are. Remember to have some fun with the game.
    Descents will come in 3 months again. Yeah will do. But in three months you can have like 3 pvp cups? and how many weeklys? how many energies are you skipping by not getting them now? O'pari 100% is not going to make your day.
    So --> Descents >>>>>>>>>> High priority in your case.
    That means:
    Finish POF --> 2/10 Event (pray for a nego) ---> Descents.
    Even without nego I think you will be able to farm some of their SB. But really I would aim to recode the 3 not just 1. Not sure if possible I didnt do the maths but I think you have 15 days. So go for 50/50/50 SB even if sacrificing Column.

Ah another options is. If you really are so harcodre you dont mind to SB. Then not hurry. Just SB characters, Finish POF, do 2/10, Capture Levi/Baha/Odin and their monsters and then SB then on 1,2 with the rest of your team before recoding (yes even if they arent in POT i would sb them ASAP so you can recode and use)
    when you get good characters you could start to actually play the game

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  5. kiya

kiya Member

Hey @Rydia, I appreciate the feedback. Have some questions though:

1. What is the drop rate for the recode monsters for Bahamut and Odin and how many of them appear? I would like to get the Math correctly before going to hunt them. (I assume that I can farm Leviathan's through infinite drop)
    2. When you have Bahamut e.g., the drop rate from 40-stamina dungeon is 30%, right? In other words, ~120 stamina per drop, per 3% SB. Is it really worth it?
    3. Why would I risk JagunaZ? As you said, Maralme, Valreine, and Jagana are already not that good. So, why should not I just recode Jaguna, finish JagunaZ and immediately pull Jaguna back (without maybe even leveling)? I am just trying to see whether it has any benefit or not.
    4. You mentioned having O'pari 100% won't make a difference. I completely agree and that is why I excluded him :) I will only try to complete skill boosting the characters that are really close to 100% (> 80%).
    5. You are right that a Negotiator could make a huge difference. However, she won't be that reliable (except the boss with PP) unless I already have some skill boost on her. So, I am wondering whether that makes any change? I guess you were mentioning it to farm the bosses for skill boosts, which in that case, you are absolutely right.

I really appreciate your feedback and thought.

One more minor thing: this account is new, but I am not to the game ;)

6. Rydia

Medals:
    About the monsters you must capture them on the second stage of the descent that is where the capture rate ir higher I think is 5% or so. You only need 1 of those monsters. 1 suzaku / 1 wailling wall / 1 chiton. I dont suggest farming them only get 1 to have the recode material. So you should try to get the first capture + first job item on the 2nd descent while trying to also get the monster and when you have the monster drop then go to the third one for the 2nd (in case you didnt get) and 3rd job item
    Only if you have Negociator o Nego pro.
    With nego and double pincer you have 100% drop. With nego pro you have 100% drop in one pincer.
    Isnt stamina wise of course (is better to farm 6 characters SB on 1,2) but it is less boring than 1.2. If you are hardcore dont farm the dragons. Just get them on the 3 jobs and get the monsters. Then farm their SB on 1.2 now ill suggest to get some otomos now before you do that. If you are going to SB dragons in 1.2 then isnt necesary to hurry so you could stay SBing units and finishing POF units before the 2/10 event. Actually this will be the best option of course in your situation. So if you can stand it do it this way.
    Bc is always nice to have units to 90 90 90? well you can pull her back without levels of course. I mean is Jaguna.
    Good idea
    Yes only for the bosses, never suggested you to farm the monsters bc isnt stamina wise. And in that case you will be just saving one PP for the last double/single pincer.

My final suggestion. What would be BEST is:
    1)
    Leveling Maralme/Velraine/Jaguna at least 60/60/60 (or even 70/70/70 for the first two)
    Leveling rest POF units 40/40/40.
    Pull them until 100%
    Optional--> Recode Jaguna
    Level Jaguna again (at least 50/50/50 if you dont want to waste stamina before finishing pulling)
    2)
    With the extra stamina finish sbing your units
    3)
    Pull from 2/10 event
    4)
    Farm 3 jobs and 3 monster for the descents.
    5)
    Do whatever you need to do on TLS. Get Zael/Calistaunlock their 3rd job and level them. Get 2 or 6 Tigers.
    *note SBing Zael/Calista on TLS maybe could be interesting for you in the case you plan to use them since is 40 Stamina for 3% SB for 2 characters* also you get coins and exp. so in the case you dont want to farm descents maybe want to do with these. Also Zael/Calista arent as usefull as dragons but in your case can be usefull bc you dont hve many units yet.
    6)
    Get good otomos for SBing
    7)
    SB on 1.2. Even if they arent in POT try to get the dragons to at least 50%/60% SB (for Levi/Baha) or 50% (Odín) before recoding. That with the monster you have from POT at 100% will give them 70/80% SB on the recoded version.
    I suggest dont recode until you SB them bc the ring area is annoying.
    Im aware of that. Im just telling you no need to be so harcore with such a young account.
    But if you are going to be harcore be those are my suggestions.
    Also i want to really insist you on finishing POF units now. You dont want to dont have them on the 2/10 event. So finish them FIRST and you can SB later. Of course you can do both things since you dont waste all your stamina on 1.2 but dont wait too long bc you dont want to the 2/10 event finish and dont have the POF units at 100% (are 2 Z 3 SS and 3 B less to pull)

7. Rydia

Medals:
    Calendar of what I would do in your case:
    *Note I took the dates from the calendar and are in UTC be sure about the dates on your own timezone and that i didnt make any mistake*
    Until 03/01:

1) Complete POF units. Level and pull to 100%.

2) Recode Jaguna. Optional (only if you dont want to risk getting her as a rainbow)

If you decide to recode Jaguna remember 2 things:

1> You will need to get again the Job Items for Jaguna

2> You will need to Pull again to 100% the 2 Monster you waste on the recode + Jaguna 100%+unlock her 3 jobs. So you will need about 215k coins saved only for that. (190 coins in case you dont unlock her jobs before pulling again)

3) Pull Jaguna again until 100%. Only if you decided to recode her (Optional unlock her jobs and level before 100% pull)

4) SB your units. You can do it at the same time you finish POF but remember POF has higher priority so dont let the POF for the last day or could happen you won't have enough time to finish and pull. SB the units you think you will be able to finish.

5) Pull on event :D

From 03/01 to 11/01.

So now you have a week to get all the descents.

Do:

Baha/Levi/Odin 2 until you get the monster drop (Suzaku/Chiton/Wailing wall) with some luck you also get the monster and maybe the 2nd job item. depending on the number of runs you have to do.

Baha/Levi/Odin3 to get the 3rd job item (and the second if you didnt got in the 2nd descent)

Optional: If you got some nego and you leveled her you can do some extra runs before the even finish so you can SB a little the descents before going into 1-2.

2 Possible ways:

-Farm the 3 of them to get the first SB for example try to get each of them to 21% SB so you will have a higher activation rate when you are doing 1.2 (With nego and 100% drop you can get 21% SB on one descent per day. So if you have in example 3 days until event finish you can use 1 day for each descent) I would do this if you are able.

-Farm just the one you think is more usefull so you can recode that one before. You said you wanted to have Levi but levi is the hardest dungeon so look which one would be more easy for you to get (baha is almost the same than levi and much easier, this also depends on your characters that i dont remember right now). 3 Days will allow you to get one to 60%.

From 11/01 to 30/01.
    TLS event.
    Guide --> http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/fast-tls-completion-guide.9885/
    Get Zael/Calista from TLS.
    Unlock their jobs and level the 3rd Job.

Get the tigers at least 2 but you can go for 6 (I'll go for 6 just in case they could be useful in the future)

Farm Zael/Calista for SB until the end of the event.

TLS cost 40 stamina and you get 3+3 = 6% SB. That is equal to get 1% of SB on all 6 characters doing 40 runs of 1,2. I think is worth because it doesn't take so much time and also you get a lot of Coins/XP so you can bring some units to level when you get used to the dungeon.

With no Failure you will need:
    1 run to get Zael/Calista
    6 run to tigers
    24 runs to get them to 70% SB.
    That is a total of 5 days of stamina. So even with some runs not working you should be able to get them maxed in a week of farming (not counting the days you will need to get their job items + level them)

After event madness:
    Get some SB otomos.
    Demon Chronicles is the best. But in the meanwhile Betwiching bow or Skullsplinter can be usefull.
    Guide--> http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-best-otomos-for-sb-training.8832/
    Recode Levi/Baha/Odin. To do this:
    -Level Levi/Baha/Odin to 80/80/80.
    -Level their monster to 50.
    -Farm the recode items.
    -SB levi/baha/odin to 60/60/50% SB.
    -Recode.

8. kiya

kiya Member

Thanks @Rydia!

Sorman, Ma’curi and Completing PoF

With tremendous help from friends, I finally completed PoF.
    upload_2015-12-30_16-8-36.png upload_2015-12-30_16-8-47.png upload_2015-12-30_16-8-53.png upload_2015-12-30_16-8-56.png upload_2015-12-30_16-9-1.png upload_2015-12-30_16-9-4.png upload_2015-12-30_16-9-9.png
    This gives me, for free: Jaguna, Maralme, Velraine, Camellia, Sheena, Suoh, and Seiryu.

On top of that, I also finished skill boosting Ma’curi and Sorman.
    upload_2015-12-30_16-9-21.png upload_2015-12-30_16-9-24.png
    Finally, I have made great progress on my remaining folks. The next to finish is very likely: Kana and Ba’gunar.

On bad news, we already have 10/2 event. I have to act fast to finish this batch so that I can pull at least once.

When I am not skill boosting, I am dumping my stamina on the second stages of Odin, Bahamut, and Leviathan. I have already enabled the second job for Bahamut and Leviathan, however I have no Suzaku or Chilton. I also could not farm Odin yet, so the journey continues.

9. kiya

kiya Member

Progress with the Descends and Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!

I was not able to any skill boosting in the last day of the year due to family activities. I calculated that to be okay with respect to 10/2 event, which we will see soon. In the last day of the year, I mostly ran descends, either the evolved or ultra-versions, depending on what I need.

That being said, today and on Dec. 30th, I was able to skill boost quite a bit. I managed to finish Kana, Ba’gunar and Pahrl.
    upload_2016-1-1_16-27-30.png upload_2016-1-1_16-27-33.png upload_2016-1-1_16-27-38.png
    Before pulling for the event, I would like to also finish Palpa (currently 91.2%) and Grace (currently 90.9%). Does anyone know exactly how many hours we have before the event is over? Does it end tomorrow 4:00 PM PST? If that is the case, I could still finish them.

On the PoF end, I have recoded Jaguna, so JagunaZ is removed from PoF as well. However, I need to re-level Jaguna and pull her to re-eliminate her.

Finally on the descends side, I have had good progress. My luck was very bad at the beginning, however I managed to get both Wailing Wall and Chilton.
    upload_2016-1-1_16-27-47.png upload_2016-1-1_16-27-50.png
    Wailing Wall dropped after more than 10 runs. I have farmed Chilton through infinite spawn after half an hour fight (and potentially killing 30+ Chiltons).

I have also enabled all jobs for Odin, Bahamut, and Leviathan. So, on the descends side, I just need to farm Suzaku, level everything until I can recode them, get the recode items, recode them, and re-farm all monsters and re-enable all jobs. Easy right? (Joke aside, I don’t think re-farming is possible just because it would be impossible to bring Bahamut, Leviathan, and Odin to L80 for recoding)

I think I had pretty good progress overall, what do you guys think? Also, what do you think I will be getting from 10/2 event?

Jeba, Silver Mitsuki and Rydia like this.
  10. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

Burbaba and opari dupes. I hv seen them enough in your team lol. Bench them asap. Good luck :)

kiya likes this.
  11. kiya

kiya Member

SB Farming Madness and 10/2 Event

For the last few days (almost a week), I was SB farming @1-5 like crazy. Before 10/2 event is over, I finally managed to meet my goal: finishing Palpa and Grace as well.
    upload_2016-1-3_0-24-33.png upload_2016-1-3_0-24-36.png
    I immediately made a 10-pull roll after that. To my surprise the results were quite good.

Silvers: S’naip x 2, Eileen, Amazora, Ra’prow, Manmer, Ka’pori (dupe), U’nasag. As expected I got 8 silvers, which contained 2 dupes. I did not mind the dupes that much since there is always a chance to get dupes. It was also fortunate that I got dupes for 1-phase skill boosters.

The question, was of course, what did I get for golds? Well, I first saw 36AIS, which was a little bit of disappointment. Why? She is new, so she needs those new and difficult to contain job items. Also, I have no idea whether she is good or not. However, then I saw her: Zerro. Yes! Finally! My first SS-mage. This will be a game changer…

There is of course a long journey ahead of me. I need to enable jobs, level, and SB my new characters, which will take quite a bit. Moreover, I can only do this after I am done with TLS event, which will take a while. But overall, I am quite happy and optimistic. I am officially done with this 10/2 event.

There are also many more questions ahead of me: shall I recode Amazora and/or Zerro? To be honest, I don’t know and I would appreciate the feedback.

Oh, while I was burning extra stamina between @1-5 runs, I also got this bugger.
    upload_2016-1-3_0-24-52.png
    I am officially done with the descends.

Finally, a word on skill boosting. While running the descends, I was lucky to grab a few B-class rods from Bahamut and Leviathan. It turns out, when max-leveled, these rods provide a chain skill with 100% emit rate. Great, isn’t it? I have been using it to make skill boost farming runs faster and more reliable for a while now.

Rydia likes this.
  12. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    The best part knowing is you duped a character useful as S'naip. I'm very happy to see you found Amazora too :)
    (to be honest, the only character you may don't need is U'nasag; he is a strong unit, but he still remains a B unit...)

That's a shame you didn't find Kem nor Korin, but heck... S'naip, 100% Pahrl and Manmer? :eek:

Eh.... I lately find her too [wiki] (so now I finally have all the healers available).

As you can see she lacks not only the [​IMG] Control Time +2 Sec ability, which is useful but not essential, but the [​IMG] Heal x1.5 skill too, and this is definetely not a good news :confused:

On the bright side she can revive herself with [​IMG] One-Time Revival (the nasty "S/L" trick makes this a more useful skill than [​IMG] XX Revival ones), learned at lv65 on her 2nd job. [​IMG] Heal All (lv15, 3rd job) is probably what makes her a good (decent?) unit.

I think Sorman is a more useful unit, but you might find her a better choice for PvP and high level stages (since her higher HP and DEF parameters, 4403+20%, 256/376 vs 4157, 222/293), but I might be wrong.

Starting from today I'll be much more "available", PM me if you want to play on 34-9 for farming oxsecians job items (today is 2x bonus) :)

Mmm... since your goal is recoding all your units you may want to wait to 100% all your silvers before pulling again during a 10/2, but I suggest you recoding her not much for the free +40% SB she'll gain, but for having a stronger unit (capable to deal more damage and being more resistant), which will help you a lot more, thanks to her Ring and Corner abilities to 1-turn Metal Zone floors, more than SS Zerro can do.

About Amazora I'm not sure... since you pulled just few units until now, you'll certainly manage to find her again in future, plus a +40% Amazora Λ (whom is a double phase) is not only more useful in certain fights (not that you need strong units, now that you have Zerro and are on your way on recoding Descends), but can be 100% in a lot less time, allowing you to be sure the next "Rainbow" will be someone of more useful, like a Z Mage or Alika Λ (Treasure Hunter passive ability).

(recap, even if you already know this)
    If your goal is finding good units you should recode and 100% her for taking out the pool;
    If your goal is completing silvers ASAP, don't do it.

I might have missed the post, what % are Baha & Co.? :)

Wonderful :)

Have you already decided on what spending on your next "Metal Minion Λ"s?
    Right now you can both pulling 1+ C class Otomo Stalwart Sword/Killer Bow (or, if you prefer, can start from the D class Bronze Sword/Bronze Rod) - and then evolving it in Skullsplitter/Bewitching Bow (they are useful for many stages and they activate in chain, without any animation) and go straight to the Demon's Chronicle farming, a Companion which requires several rare items and coins, like Green Rings.

For reasons I already listed, I suggest you farming a Bewitching Bow and a Skullsplitter first, but I don't blame you if you want to want to get DC first :)

13. Rydia

Medals:
    So i think 36AIS isnt that bad is the only SS healer with heal all so you should be happy. Unless you have AmiZ (and you dont) she is a good healer and has more def than sorman/kuscah. The bad part is she doesnt have revive to party. But is nice for tough bosses (since in a last floor boss you dont really need to revive, this is only needed for dungeons when you die on ealier floors).

So what i will do now will be:
    -Farm Zael/Calista SB on TLS until you have them at 70%.
    - Unlock all job of Zael/Calista/Amazora ---> Level Zael/Calista Job3 and Amazora to 80/80/80.
    -Farm 6 tigers.
    -Recode Amazora to Amazora^ lvl her a little until she get the heal skill on her ^ form.

Now SB in 1.2
    - Levi / Baha 60% SB and Recode to Z.
    -Odin 50% SB and Recode to Z.
    - Amazora^ from 40% to 100%.
    -Zerro --> 2 options -->
    SB her until 40% then recode to 80% and let her the rest of the SB while using. (I recomend this one, if you equip her Capsules and Heal she will SB herself in no time from 80 to 100)
    SB her until 60% then recode to 100%.
    -36AIS --> Until SB 70% then just use her as your normal healer and put the Def Self skill so she gains SB faster. She will get sb to 100% in no time.

I would do this team first bc it guaranteed you a lot of usefull characters and all rainbows/goldens done in case another 2/10 event come soon.
    You can continue Leveling your A/B later but at least doing those first allows you to get to S league on PvP and do WC.

Note: I recomend to SB amazora in ^ form bc she has 2 phase skills. But i recomend to SB baha/levi/zerro BEFORE recode bc Ring magic skill is pretty annoying to SB and you get those at lvl 30(baha/levi) or lvl 1 (zerro) so hard/imposible to avoid it.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  14. kiya

kiya Member

Wow, @Silver Mitsuki and @Rydia,

Thanks a lot for all the feedback and comments, you guys/gals are the best!

To answer the questions: BLO are all 0% SB. I cannot reliably farm them since I don't have a negotiator. I don't think it is worth farming them, relying on 30% drop rate, right?

For Otomos, I was definitely thinking about Demon's Chronicle. Since I have the 2 Inferno Rods and 3 Blizzard Rods from the descends, I don't think I need any other 30% guaranteed activation Otomo for SBing, right? Were you suggesting them for weekly challenges?

Thanks for the feedback on recodes as well. If I understand it correctly, you both suggested recoding Zerro. Amazora seems to be depending on whether I want to remove the silver one eventually or the Rainbow one quickly. Did I get it correctly?

15. Caraquena

Caraquena Active Member

Bewitching Bows are more generally useful for mages with AoE attacks than the 2x pincer-only otomos like inferno rods, same with Skullsplitters for physical units that have AoE attacks (for example, Odin^) over the 2x physical-attack otomos. Once you have some bbows/splitters for everyday use then you should look at the fixed attack stat otomos, they can be evolved all the way to the +80 matk Sorcerer's Shield and +80 atk Earth Sword which are really good for the lower level-capped weekly challenges. What the 2x magic otomos like inferno rod are good for is putting on your healer and any remedy units with a decent matk value for a little extra bit of damage.

Rydia likes this.
  16. Rydia

Medals:
    True you SB them on 1.2 or whatever stage you are using to the rest of your characters.

For SB the best are Demon Chronicles.
    Betwiching Bow and skullsplinter are for SS/Z mages and for physical DPS (like trinity) to equip and use then as usefull otomos. So if you was going to max any 30% better those since are more useful than Blizzard or Inferno, but if you already have them you can use that ones instead.

I suggested you to recode amazora bc a B character is easy to lvl to 80/80/80 fast, recoding her will provide you with an extra 40% sb without doing nothing (from POF monsters) and you will get an usefull character (I suppose).
    I never recode anything besides descents lucia and jaguna but my POT was pretty advanced when recodes came out. But your account is really young so any good characters you can get can be pretty usefull for you in the future.
    This said. Only for the events/pof and recoding you could get in about 1 month?
    Zs --> Jaguna^ Amazora^ Seyriu Bahamut^ Leviathan^ Odin^ Zerro^ (Incredibly usefull for MZs)
    SS--> Zael Calista (not for events but also useful 36AIS if you SB her)
    I think a team with Baha Levi Zerro Odin 36AIS and Amazora/Seyriu could be a nice PVP team (36AIS autorevive is pretty cool and she is more resistant than B healers) that could allow you to get to S league and start getting energys on otomo from next pvp cup so I would totally go for it.
    Also try to get (not now I mean after event) 3 betwiching Bows for Levi/Baha/Zerro and 1 skullsplinter for Odin
    Edit: Just saw you have lucia which i forgot so she could be good alo for your pvp team

17. kiya

kiya Member

Wow! Really, really good advice. Thanks everyone.

Then, Otomos, later on (after I am done with TLS). Basically, no skill boosting Otomo (Demon's Chronicle) since it requires too much items and money. For now, back to TLS.

Rydia likes this.
  18. kiya

kiya Member

2016.01.04 – The Path to Becoming a Master with the New Year

After the skill boosting madness of the new year, I changed my focus on finishing the last story event. Before completely focusing on TLS, for a moment, I considered working on recoding Bahamut, Odin, and Leviathan, but I was quickly reminded (by @Rydia) that I have to skill boost them before I recode them. Even without skill boosting, it was very difficult to bring them to L80 on all jobs without MZ AHTK event on the arena, so I decided not to do that.

TLS was easier than I thought. I was able to get the “Perfect Fate” on my first try and the consequent 8 tries:
    upload_2016-1-4_13-41-5.png
    The very first run took several S/Ls because I could not remember the dungeon. The current runs take at most 1-2 S/Ls to get through. Considering that the dungeon is 40 stamina, this is a very fast way to burn stamina. I am actually happy with this since the last week was crazy with the skill boosting madness.

Here is my current rooster (since TBS is working again):
    upload_2016-1-4_13-40-52.png
    Huge change compared to previous one, right? I cannot believe that in 2 months, I have completed PoF and 25% of the PoT.

Since I am talking about becoming a master, I am also proud to announce that I have managed to complete the second requirement of this week’s challenge. I beat it with 1-2 seconds (thanks to recording bonus), but that’s still an extra energy. I used a team of four: LuciaZ, Suoh, Grace, and JagunaZ. I am sure that things will be much easier once I skill boost and recode Zerro.

wrongnotes likes this.
  19. kiya

kiya Member

Mistakes Comes with Arrogance
    Today, I just mentioned that getting Perfect Fate in TLS was too easy. Well, I managed to get my first Contemporary Fate. I was probably distracted while watching TV. I still don’t know exactly which condition I missed but very likely I let Serene die in the second floor (she dies very frequently and I generally S/L, but I guess I was not careful this time). 40 stamina gone in a flash (well, I got two particles in that run, so that was not complete for nothing, but still).

20. Caraquena

Caraquena Active Member

If my two strongest units pincer Calista vertically on floor 1 then they are in position for floor 2 where it's Syrene that I move on turn 1 down to the lower right quadrant to make pincers and get healed, getting her away from the evil company she was in :)

kiya likes this.