[Journal] kiya's Terra Battle adventure

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by kiya, Nov 19, 2015.

1. kiya

kiya Member

2016.01.16 – Recodes === End Game?
    Although my real life is going pretty well and exciting, it was not very good in terms of TB. I had very little spare time in the last two weeks, so I decided to spend most of it playing the game rather than working on my journal.

Since I had limited time to play, most of last two weeks was spent on recodes with very little skill boosting. Here is my updated rooster:
    upload_2016-1-16_23-55-28.png
    As you can see, first of all, I recoded Zerro. Finally, I have a (proper) Z Mage! That being said, I was so excited about the recode that I forgot to SB her until 40% before the recode. I guess that is okay since 75.5% is still good enough to rely on guaranteed activation. She will be 80% in no time.

Second, I brought Bahamut, Leviathan, and Odin to (almost) L80 in all their jobs. This required spamming MZ 6 AHTK as well as countless 20-1 runs. But it is finally done. That being said, I will NOT recode them before bringing to 60% skill boost since they will only gain 20% SB through recode and they will be difficult to SB later on. I am also missing their items, so I think that is okay.

During the recode madness, I started to think that the end-game === recodes. Would veteran players agree? Recodes, just because they can select skills depending on level restrictions seem to be quite powerful, especially for the end-game content.

After a few tries, I managed to clear the weekly challenge, getting my energy. The previous week, I was only able to finish the first goal. From this point on, I will do my best to get the energy, and potentially be in the first 5000 players to get another energy. I am sure that once completed, Bahamut, Leviathan, and Odin recodes will help tremendously.

In the meanwhile, I have ran TLS for quite a bit of time as well. Due to my mistake, two of these runs ended with no drops (I was forgetting to kill at least 4 of the ice golems with the NPC’s fire attack), but I still managed to bring Zael and Calista to ~53% SB. Once they are 70% SB, I plan to bring them close to L90 on their third job and then use them to farm the Tiger otomo.

Today, I realized that we got the Gormandizer Hunt: Particles event, so I had been running it non-stop. After all getting particles and tears are more difficult to getting others for me since I spam 20-1 so much. I will be stocking up as much as I can. Particles are also needed for Otomo upgrades.

Finally, I have planned the remaining of the event:
    upload_2016-1-16_23-59-27.png
    I don’t think finishing weekly challenge would take a whole day worth of stamina. Still, this plan lets me do everything I want to and ensures that I have an extra day, just in case.

2. Eladrin

Eladrin Member

endgame === otomo farming (mainly green rings, tears, particles, ores, coins and MM/\), lvling, sbing, wc, pvp and events (if you're not already done with them). Recodes are obviously not required for the first three, even though they help speed up the farming process, but i'd say they are mandatory for wc and moreso for pvp.
    Absolutely. Because of their stats and their ability to bring otherwise capped skills, recodes are key to sweep floors and incidently achieve a good time to rank in the 5000. Bahamut, Leviathan, and Odin are nice because they're both free and unique with their cross all skills. Don't forget that Lucia/\, with her two columns, can come in handy too.
    I don't know how you do in TLS, but i wouldn't sweat too much about getting them to 90. As long as you can reliably clear the floors, floor 10 will be about fine tuning the damage you deal with ma'curi (i guess he's in your tls team). From what i've seen so far, without any buffs from the adds, a trinity/trinity pincer without PP or trinity/weaker char with PP is about enough for zael and calista under PP to deal the killing blow on the second pincer. Don't forget to make zael lead the second pincer :D
    From a stamina efficiency perspective, you shouldn't. Particle Gormandizer is about 6.75 (5+5*35%) particles and 1.75 ores (which i don't think you need with how much 20-1 you seem to run) per 100 stamina, while tin parade 2 which is the best of the three, is about 7.2 overall tears and 9.6 overall particles for the very same amount of stamina. If it ever comes back, you could however consider the Tear Gormandizer to compensate for the 3:4 tears : particles ratio of tin 2, as it is 20 tears per 100 stamina.

PS: Keep up with the journal, i like it as it reminds me of my young tb days :goodjob:

3. Caraquena

Caraquena Active Member

Although not as stamina-efficient for particles as TP2, Particle Gormandizer does offer the rarer species-type items like tranquil clock, sentient flame etc. that TP2 doesn't (I think, it's been ages since I ran tin parade).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  4. Eladrin

Eladrin Member

My apologies. Didn't know about the 1% items drops. Checked the wikia fast and only took into account particle horder and gormandizer (which makes my numbers wrong as gormandizer drops a particle or an ore, not both, and on a 30% spawn rate, not 35%).
    Still, if i read the wikia right, which i may have not, we have 20 ennemies able to drop common items, on a 25% base chance (gotta bring THs !), 1/3 of those being species-type items, where only half are rare items.
    So this makes the drop rate of a rare item be : 20*0.25*(1/3)*(1/2) = 0.83/run (or 4.17/8.33 per 100/200 stamina)
    According to tbs, those rare items drop numbers, during a traded-DD and per 100 stamina, are as follows :
    Wisp of Jealousy : 14.84
    Cipher Cell : 11.64
    Mangled Horn : 7.56
    Sentient Flame : 13.16
    Lustrous Tail : 5.88
    Ignorant Flee : 11.2
    Tranquil Clock : 7
    Tome of enlightment : 8
    Making a weighted mean of 9.43 items per 100 stamina (which is less in reality as you get those items without farming them purposely, and some stages drop more than one in particular)
    So we end up, spending 200 stamina, with :
    tin 2 + rare items farming : 7.2 tears, 9.6 particles, 9.43 rare items
    Particle Gormandizer : 5.75 particles, 0.75 ores, 8.33 rare items
    Nonetheless, in kiya's case, he'd be better off farming tin 2 and those rare items besides than running Particle Gormandizer :) Thanks for pointing that out Caraquena, can't trust myself to not mislead people :shifty:

5. kiya

kiya Member

You might be absolutely right. I haven't really came to this, so it will likely be my next step, which would make it end game.

You are right, it does not have to be L90, I was just aiming for the worst.

@Caraquena was right. I was preferring Gormandizer because:
    1. It is quite easy to get some of the tears in DD. Rainbow Tear has 0.8 drop per run from 9-7. I never need Moon Tears (20-1 spamming). That leaves Rainbow Tears and Spirit Tears. Whenever I get a Rainbow Tear or Moon Tear from Tin Parade, a part of me dies, a part of me cries...
    2. Rare drops: I still need a few Tranquil Clocks and Tome of Enlightments.
    3. I would prefer (at this time due to limited time I can put into the game) to run guaranteed drops, compared to long-term better runs.
    Thanks mate, believe me this is extremely important. This community is what keeps me doing it.

6. kiya

kiya Member

Weekly Challenge and PvP: did End Game Come Sooner than it should?

I am still following my proposed schedule, almost to the point. However, thanks to @Silver Mitsuki, I also decided to participate in this PvP Cup. This is the first cup, I had participated. After much hard work, today, I finally managed to get into the S-league.
    upload_2016-1-22_0-12-34.png
    I think it is a huge accomplishment to get into the S-league in my first PvP Cup. I mainly used the following team to do that: Macuri, Suoh, Lucia^, Zerro^, Sorman, and Jaguna^.

I will be documenting lessons-learned on PvP in another post.

Somehow, I also managed to be in the top-5000 in previous weekly challenge:
    upload_2016-1-22_0-12-22.png
    Although I have tons of skill boosting to do, I am wondering, does this mean that I entered the end-game? Let me know what you think!

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  7. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Since I didn't spend much time in A rank I don't remember what characters players play with, but you really managed to reach S rank without children? Congrats!!
    Well, since you moved your first steps into the infinite grinding and the repetitive farm (outside PoF completition) some time ago I think you already reached it, but you still have so many things to do... Earth (or the cheaper Scaling) Sword, Sorcerer's Shield (or the cheaper Memorial Bow), a couple of Skullsplitter and a couple of Bewitching Bow, that's what you need now (but you already know this :) )

Many of your units reached an high level and are able to trigger their skills 100% of the time, also you have S'naip (not everyone can count on 2 members of the trinity) and 36AIS (her One-Time Revival and her higher HP/MDEF *could* come in handy in PvP) in your roster, I hope you'll manage to make them reach an high SB very soon.

Obviously, as soon as BLO reach a 60% (no, I would say 50-55% since power levelling allows them to get some SB in the meanwhile) everything will be easier and funnier, unless your objective is having them 100% SB as soon as possible... in that case, Good luck :S

You are not much far from the "real" post game, where your units will allow (force?) you playing brainless matches, where S'naip, Ma'curi and Odin Λ will take care of those who escaped from Zerro Λ and Baha Λ/Levi Λ's absurde AoEs... keep it up!
    :love::love::love:

8. kiya

kiya Member

2016.01.31 – PvP, Eidolons, Weekly Challenges & Otomos

Long time, no see… I really should try to post an update at least once per week. However, work had bene quite busy recently, so here is the huge update.

First my updated rooster:
    upload_2016-1-31_14-36-36.png
    I don’t even remember what has changed, but the most important one is Zerro^ and Sh’berdan are finished. Zerro^ is also L90. I finally have a complete Z-class mage.
    upload_2016-1-31_14-37-4.png upload_2016-1-31_14-37-8.png
    495 MATK. Lovely, isn’t she?

As you can see, I could not do any skill boosting. I haven’t counted it, but I did not run @1-5 more than 20-30 times. Sigh, it really requires me to have free time… This means that recodes for Bahamut, Leviathan, and Odin are still waiting. That is bad since dragon cup is next and they would be extremely useful. I will see what I can do… I am still missing recode items for them, especially mantle helixes.

Related to recodes, my Amazora is also ready to be recoded. Not sure when (SB-wise) I should recode it, but that’s some progress.

Player vs. Player and Cups
    As you might remember, I managed to get into the S-league in the Junior Cup. This was the first time I participated PvP seriously, and I consider it a huge success. Here is the promised write-up:
    1. At least for this cup, Eidolons were game-changer. There had been many fights where the summon point could be used and when this is the case, the side that had Lamia could change a loss to a win. Malediction (III) is ridiculously powerful for PvP, giving 2-3 free turns to the other side for killing moves. I have lost many fights due to this, which forced me to get into Eidolon fighting (more on this later).
    2. Otomos are not game changer, but help a lot. The side with better Otomos (especially revivers, etc.) have a good advantage. This again, bring the importance of post-game.
    3. Skill boost is a must. Don’t ever think about using any character that does not have guaranteed skill activation. You need to use your time to come up with best pincers not to figure out how to generate/use Power Point. Hence the importance of post-game grinding.
    4. I guess there are people who cheat. I had many fights that got invalidated just before I was about to win. Cannot do anything, but I should be careful about those.
    5. GegonagoZ is more valuable than anything. Stealth is a broken skill that lets you make impossible pincers possible. With his control time, he makes everything possible. I wish I had him, unfortunately not.
    6. Although the cup gave bonus to juniors, I only had Pahrl as junior and decided not to use her. I think team synergy is more important than the little bonus you get.
    7. Revive (once) is a quite important skill. It really pisses the opponent and turns the game around.
    My strategy for this cup relied mostly on Ma’curi and Suoh. In the first 2-3 turns, I would build buffs on Ma’curi and Suoh and then go for quick kills. Once the opponent is down to 3 characters, it is generally easy to win or KO. This is easier explained than done. You really need to think hard to chain Ma’curi and Suoh 2-3 times in the first 2-3 turns. Also Ma’curi is a glass cannon, so if he gets killed before you can use his buffs, then you have built all that buffs for nothing. In the next buff, I hope I will have a better rooster.

Finally, I have seen all mages (like Z-Mages) team still face-roll opponents. This again shows the power imbalance of Z-Mages. Cannot build those teams, but they exist.

Weekly Challenges
    With my new Z-class characters (mainly Zerro^ and Jaguna^), weekly challenges are becoming easier. I managed to meet the second goal and even get into the first 5000 with just one try for the last week. This is really good since getting 2 free energy per week always helps.
    upload_2016-1-31_14-37-39.png

Otomos
    After realizing the importance of Otomos for Weekly Challenges and PvP, I decided to have some progress on important Otomos. Thanks to help of many forum friends, I was able to farm the following:
    upload_2016-1-31_14-37-48.png upload_2016-1-31_14-37-51.png upload_2016-1-31_14-37-58.png

Other than the items required to create these Otomos, the money required to max-level these Otomos are a real pain. Although I have benefited from bonus XP event and chose the most efficient way to feed MM^s, max-leveling Celestial Energy required me to use 66.4K coins. Not a small amount.

In addition to these Otomos, I was also able to create two Skull Splitters and one Miasma Blade.

With all these changes, using Zerro^ with Miasma blade as a trainer, I can clear 20-1 in 8-9 minutes getting 256K XP. My XP farming, at least, is getting pretty good.

9. kiya

kiya Member

Eidolons
    I previously mentioned the importance of Eidolons. Since we had the half-stamina event, I decided to farm myself a Lamia.

Lamia dungeon is the worst dungeon I have ever seen. It is unforgiving and completely opposite to the gameplay we are used to so far. Normally, we go for multiple potential pincers. In this God-forgiven dungeon, you need to go for the least amount of pincers and let poison do its work. Otherwise you are dead. After many failing runs, I finally learned most of the dungeon. That being said, this dungeon needs two things to reliably clear it: (1) Nullify Healing. I believe only Amisandra and AmisandraZ has it. (2) Poison area (2). Again only a few remedy characters have it. Unfortunately I had none of them. So, all I could bring is healing and DPS. Finally, I decided to use Palpa (for curing & healing) and Sheena (for DPS and CT). That means that I needed someone with poison and someone with AmisandraZ. The more you have these characters, the higher your chances are since if one dies you can always continue with the other one.

Chaos, as Eidolon, is priceless in this dungeon since it gives you an extra turn with his “steal” ability. When you are in a pinch, it helps a lot.

With friend’s help and patience, I was able to farm all materials needed until her second job. Kudos go to @Kura here since he helped me doing many successful and fast runs. He is a great matcher that has completely mastered this dungeon.

The dungeon became more reliable with Ellvern^. Ellvern^ has CT and can use Venom column. He also has poison bombs that can randomly kill the enemies. His poison is very powerful and makes the Lamia fight easy and slow. Unfortunately, I was not very lucky with the drops and got 7 extra Harpes (only need 3). I still need 3 Knight of Pendants for Lamia’s third job. Unfortunately, I was busy during the weekend and I could not co-op this dungeon before the half stamina event is over. Well, there will always be another half-stamina event…

While doing Lamia, for her items, I have also done a lot of Chaos I. This dungeon is ridiculously simple with Z-characters. I was able to bring Chaos to his second job. I already had items for the second job from my previous Chaos II experience runs. Now, I only need the third job item and have to run (at some point) Chaos III. I don’t think it will be very difficult.

Phoenix is about to come and I have no idea about her abilities, however I am not interested at this point with the other Eidolons. At some point, I will farm them for completion purposes.

10. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    :')
    You also had Golem, a B class monster that was able to deal as much damage as my Odin Λ.
    Why did you 100% Deluxe Pacifier? How is going with Demon's Chroncles? How many coins do you have left? (whoa, so many questions :S )
    And the fun part is that you never played it before 2.5.0; A'misandra Λ's Nullify Healing prevents Lamia from using Panacea, halving the length of the fight, and so do the +MATK Otomos (like Sorcerer's Shield), since they increase the effectiveness of the Poison status: before these adds, each run lasted for 15-20 minutes, time spent constantly hoping that MW servers won't kick you out in the middle of the fight with Lamia (as used to happend most of the time). You only played Lamia in easy mode xD
    the DLC unit Bone Killer has it too; anybody else should be on the list.

11. kiya

kiya Member

2016.02.16 – Ami Cup & Otomos
    I know, I am, again, late for an update. Most of the last two weeks was spent on
    1. Recoding Bahamut, Leviathan, and Odin into their Z-form.
    2. Using them to get into the S-league of Ami-Cup and attempting to survive in the S-league.
    3. Farming Otomos and Otomo evolution items.
    Here is my updated rooster:
    upload_2016-2-16_1-58-11.png
    Most of the last week was spent on trying to recode and level Bahamut, Leviathan, and Odin. First, I needed to get many recode items (including those damn Mantle Helixes), of course with the help of forum members. Then, it took numerous MZ6 AHTK (arena) event runs to level them. Unfortunately, you can only level them to ~L72-73 through the arena, which meant that I had to run numerous 20-1 to get them to level 80 to get their last skill. Nonetheless, L65 was more than enough to get into the S-league in the Ami cup.
    upload_2016-2-16_1-59-29.png
    Although it was relatively painless to get into the S-league, surviving there was another story. Here are some additional PvP observations:
    1. Gego^ is MVP. Have I said this before?
    2. Raijin^ is really good. I never thought that I would be paralyzed this much in a game.
    3. Mog is a broken Otomo. The ones who were lucky to get and level it can overkill the enemy with ridiculous mage attacks in 3-4 turns.
    With the last point about Mog, I realized the importance of Otomos and spent most of the remaining week on Otomo and Otomo item farming.

First, I started with some Demon’s Tears. After many runs, I managed to get 6 of them. Already evolved one of them into Demon’s Chronicle. I also farmed 3 Killer Bows to evolve them into Bewitching Bows (2 already done) and farmed an extra Stalwart Sword to evolve into a Skullsplitter. Finally, I have created a Sorcerer’s Shield.

I am done with most of the Otomo farming, but I have too many items to farm. Yesterday on double drop for 33-9, I have farmed ~200 green rings, taking hours to do. I still need at least 100-150 green rings and many tears and particles (Wish Particle the most) to evolve all my Otomos to a desired level.

Oh, I also got my 100-day bonus:
    upload_2016-2-16_2-0-4.png

As well as cleared last two week’s challenges in the top 5000. With Z-level characters, it is a joke to accomplish it.
    upload_2016-2-16_2-0-14.png
    upload_2016-2-16_2-0-24.png

Attached Files:

White Mage likes this.