Just got started, which account to use?

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by randomname123, Feb 16, 2016.

1. randomname123

randomname123 Member

I have three accounts:
    Account A - Lewto + Pizfer
    Account B - Jennish^ + A'merpact
    Account C - Pizfer^ + Zan

Which account is the best to start with? And also in end game, will your party always consist of four mages? I heard they are the best units so would that mean the goal is to have four ^ mages?

2. Xeranld

Xeranld New Member

I think Account A is the best to start with. ^ characters are tough to level, especially when you are just starting out. Also, as you progress with Account A you'll still be able to recode Lewto and Pizfer to their ^ forms and thus have 2 Z mages to work with later on.

In my opinion, the mages are useful for their magic AOE coverage and may or may not be useful to you depending on which stage you're playing. The first 30 chapters are relatively easy even with just one mage. However, chapters 31 and on get a bit tougher in that magic damage is not as effective and the enemy inflicted physical damage (a mage's weakness) starts to get heavy. It all depends on your strategy.

Concerning the quality of the units and the goal of having all four ^ mages, the mages are stereotypically strong in magic attack and defense while lacking in physical DPS and defense. They have valuable skills like one-time revival, a large array of AOE attacks, capsules, and magic bomb. They are really useful, if not essential, for some eidolon and event challenges. In PvP they are heavy-hitters due to all the aforementioned reasons and are thus included in most of the high ranking teams. With all that said, I think the goal of getting all four ^ mages is a great goal. Its definitely one of my TB goals.

3. ehu

ehu Member

Account A for sure. You can recode Lewto and Pizfer later on. It's many people's dream to have two SS mage to start with. I think many people don't even have one SS mage after ch34 completes, you are lucky :D

4. randomname123

randomname123 Member

Are there any specific mages that are the best or are they all equal? Is a specific mage more used than others?

5. Christian

Christian Active Member

Account A of course

6. Xeranld

Xeranld New Member

In general they are equal and used equally. The only point of contrast between them is their element. Some bosses have special weaknesses to a certain element (e.g. Time Devourer (10-10): short circuit and stunned for 1 turn if hit by any thunder elemental attack) and some enemies absorb damage based on element (i.e. a fire unit will regain HP from all fire typed damage). So its again about strategy.

If you want to be technical, look up the lvl 90 stats of the ^ mages and you'll find that:
    HP : Lewto^> Pzifer^>Zerro^>Jennish^
    ATK: L = J > P = Z
    DEF: L = J > P = Z
    MATK: L = J = P = Z
    MDEF: L = J = P = Z

So Lewto^ has the best stats overall, Jennish^ in 2nd, Pzifer^ 3rd, and Zerro^ last. But tbh the differences are so small that it doesn't really matter.

NealRigger likes this.
  7. Kouromaro

Kouromaro Active Member

Comparing mages of the same "type" is silly. Given the same context (elemental advantage/elemental disadvantage), all Z mages perform about the same, all SS mages perform about the same, Pupropu performs about the same as Puprope. It is when you compare mages of different such "types" that things are (painfully) clear. Perhaps BahamutZ and LeviathanZ are the most different mages of the same "type," yet they perform about the same in PvP anyway.

8. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

To be honest, I will go against the grain and tell you Account B -- Jennish^ is the one to go for. The reason is his lightning completely annihilates Chaos and you will easily get carry offers and can host yourself as well for easy XP. The XP has been nerfed recently but there really isnt a faster way to clear stages and gain that much XP, (32-7 is arguably the same but I really 1 or 2 rounds is hard to beat in terms of the amount of XP versus your time spent).

I actually created an alt account solely to get Jennish SS before the Recodes were created, and I still use him from time to time as an alt even though I have yet to recode him to Jennish ^. Note to recode Lewto and Pzifer in Account A will require a lot of your time leveling and farming items, whereas you can enjoy a powerhouse Z mage with account B and go straight to chapter 30 very quickly assuming you pick up a decent healer and some melee characters.

9. randomname123

randomname123 Member

Is Chaos, Chaos II and Chaos III the best place to farm EXP?
    Would it take longer to get Lewto and Pizfer upgrade to Z than to get another Z/SS mage on the Jennish^ account?

10. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

Just play the damn game already.

When I started, I didn't know rerolling was a thing. I started with Bahl and Healer (C class!) and my first 2 PoT pulls were Maralme and Velraine... Effectively bottom tier. I didn't even pull my first regular mage (Daiana, A class, bottom tier mage, worse than A'merpact) or real healer (Kuscah, B class) until a couple months later when I had already passed Ch 20. Didn't pull my first SS mage till 6 months in (after I had already finished the main story chapters) and only pulled my second SS mage a couple weeks ago.

You can't go wrong with either account, but if I were you, I would keep both accounts.

Use Lewto/Piz'fer as your main account, and if you really like the game, use the Jennish^ account as an alt to help carry your main account and other people in Chaos II/III.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Kouromaro likes this.
  11. Mako

Mako Member

Account A. Eidolon xp nerf killed Chaos runs. The chat used to be quite active when Chaos was around and nowadays people struggle to even find Phoenix partners.

12. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this. Re-rolling isn't really a big deal. I started with Grace and Healer and it worked out fine. MW hands out plenty of free Energy and the 10x pull events occur often enough that you'll get solid characters in no time a all.

13. randomname123

randomname123 Member

Being new, I have no clue what they changed for Chaos runs. I heard it was the best place to farm EXP. How bad was the nerf and where would be the best place to farm EXP now?

14. Xeniaton

Xeniaton Active Member

I agree with the previous comment, you should just start playing the game and stop asking so many questions.
    What do you care the best spot for EXP if you've not unlocked it, as for Chaos, you will not be able to run it efficiently before your Jennish lambda has a decent SB and level.
    So go on, discover the game like we all did, with your two SS mages account, and eventually keep the others for later.

If you really want to be the most effective player ever, then you should know that Terra Battle is not about level, but about SB.
    So you can start just now, pull until you got 6 different characters, and run in loop 1-2 or 1-5 for 8 hours a day until they are a 100%SB (would take you some weeks) and then pull 6 others and start again. Once you have all your characters at a hundred pourcent SB and cleared PoT, then you can go on with chapter 2.
    That's all that mater after all.

You will be in the position of asking these question once you've reached level 20.
    It's the point were everyone starts to get serious, understanding the game much more, and decides where they want to go: and don't ask me why, you will just see.
    And by that time, you will have had many time to go through the forum and the wiki and will have had answers to all these questions you ask.

Just play, enjoy the game, and learn the basics, that's an advice.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  15. Mako

Mako Member

ATM 20-1 when you reach it, 32-7 when you have some heavy hitters and can memorize patterns and plan ahead.

16. Tsrintox

Tsrintox Active Member

Definitely the account with Lewto+Piz. It will allow brute force tactics which will make most of the game really easy, you might not get that lucky again. Pulling Zs can be a bad thing as a new player, you probably won't get them maxed by the time you hit end of story as they require so much exp to level, without grinding you might get to around level 45, they require time investment. Outside of Z characters SS mages are superior to every other unit as they can self-heal, self resurrect, and deal massive damage which is amplified when they are recoded. The only units that outshine them when it comes to damage are the physical damage trinity(Bahl, snaip,and macuri).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016