Just pulled Godaugur...what’s the consensus on him?

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by chulainn, Mar 26, 2018.

1. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Managed to scrounge another 30 energy together from logins and figured why not.

Was surprised when he showed up.

Outside of Hobble, he seems like a good replacement for Ji’row. Otherwise the atk buffs look nice.

What are your experience and thoughts?

2. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:

I

Want

Him

So

Badly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gratz!!!!

He has freq on one of his forms and insane buffs on the other forms. If i could i would get five....

<.<

Really you have no idea how jealous i am of people who managed to get him. I tried with 30 energies at the start of the event and ill try again tomorrow and hope for a miracle. I really want him <.<

chulainn likes this.
  3. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Oh I’m sorry, mate. I’ve played gatchas since the early days of Mobage though, so I know what that pain is like.

Had a friend who would single pull every awesome thing in the game. Granted, at least we could album units via trade.

I’ve put him up as my lead, so you’re welcome to me as a friend.
    My ID is e6ea5a1f

Rydia likes this.
  4. Rydia

Medals:

hahah thank you xDDDDDD Sent you a friend request ^^

:love::love::love::love:

Dont worry if you have to change him. Silver has it up for me so at least i can look at his xDDDDDDD

chulainn likes this.
  5. Gujiniuniu

Gujiniuniu Active Member

Congrats!! He's one of my favorite guardians so far: art is great and skill set is amazing.

While his Party Frequency buff seems like a good replacement for J'irow, that's not what people are looking for from him (sadly) xP

He's going to be buffing your entire party's ATK and MATK every time those two skills proc on his RNA form, so he's kind of like a stronger version of Bibi'lamia RNA and an alternative to Unjishi for raids. He's even been nicknamed "Goddog" by some users :troll:

But like most insane buffers he has his weaknesses. Similarly to Leon, the range of his attacks are horrible, so he's not going to be your main damage dealer. Moreover, his unions are terrible, but that's not exactly a problem since I know a lot of users don't Union Boost. Also he's currently bugged! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Ha, yeah. I figured the buffs long term would be nice. And don’t have plans to UB. I like my hands too much.

Currently have him with the maxed event bow and that 3 column giga katana. Haven’t had time to try it yet though.

Rydia likes this.
  7. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    As mine recently reached 70% SB ("thank you", White Event Day) I was thinking about switching it from the DNA to the RNA form; his [Party Frequency +50%] skill has been really useful so far, but now that I have (a number of) Kenton (which has the same passive skill) I think is time for me to bench Godaugar.

Boosting in TB2 offers some really nice bonuses, but considering the high proc rates, Freq Up skills, strong Recodes and so on I'd say that you can just worry about playing the game without the hassle of SBing, and his DNA is here to help this purpose.

Rydia likes this.
  8. Rydia

Medals:
    Yay!!! RNA form!!!!! Yeeeees!!!!

Gratz Silver!!!

:love::love::love::love::love:

9. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

As others have mentioned, it is law that you use him for his OP (hopefully, once the matk one is fixed) buffs. It's the only justification for his worst art being RNA.

Technically you could use DNA for the frequency skill, but everyone pulled for him for those buffs; he's now part of the Cheese Meta going forward (which mostly had the jishis and some fire mages until now).

10. Rydia

Medals:
    So after another 30 energies I didnt got him.

I have been using my energies in every exclusive pact.

I havent got a single Z exclusive since DECEMBER (Mizury) who I got with my 400 energies

And I only got 1 Z character with energies since then: Tiffana, a dupe.

Thats like 3 Months and half without a single exclusive Z pull even when I pulled in every pact.

Rage quitted game after that

:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

Sean Bond likes this.
  11. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Yeah, I haven’t felt the urge to spend on TB2. Took forever to complete TB1’s pacts and the rates for 2 would make my wallet cry.

12. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Thanks to this thread I tried my hand at pulling Godaugur and miraculously got him. They really do a poor job at advertising the new characters, based on what little they show of his skillset and union rewards I thought he was no way worth risking 30 energy for.

Sean Bond and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  13. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Grats, mate.

I’m still hoping that promised free Nomura spellblade is good. That or an armor event would be nice.

14. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Thanks.

Oh yeah, the Nomura guardian who was promised to be released around last year end/start of the new year XD I think we already got an armour-centric gacha before but I didn't pull it because I need weapons more than armour. Unless you mean free armour from an event, in that case a hat/helm that provides matk would be nice.

15. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I spent 90 energy total getting Goddog, and I thought exactly the same when I first saw him: "Oh, looks like garbage. Pass." Frankly, the issue is that we don't get to see all skills and what they turn into at lv. 90; if we did, we'd have seen his 2 stacking buffs, which are 99% of the reason to have him.

I continue to maintain that TBF, Reddit (and now to a large extent, Discord) are responsible for keeping the game alive outside of Japan.

chulainn likes this.
  16. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Agreed. More info from MW/SS prior to using energy would be nice.

I’d also like—and have wanted since TB1’s early days—to separate the skills from illustrations.

Sean Bond likes this.
  17. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Yeah they need to at least make a news post detailing the full skillsets of new guardians if they want us to roll for them (I thought they did that for a few of the new units before, or is that my imagination).

Sean Bond likes this.