Kraken Kino Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Slayn, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Sadok

Sadok Member

Anyone tried K3 oneshot WITHOUT CE and 4 Swords and 2x Tab buff chars? Does it work? f.e. Bahl, Gugba, Gatz (tab+sword), Korin, Palpa (tab), Bonna, all equipped with bow (+10% attack) otomo? Is their any stronger sword dmg Char for Gubga (more aoe Spells, not focussed dmg) or Korin (more supporter not focussed dmg) if I have no king? Perheps Sheena? But she has no Tera... :-/

2. Weird D

Weird D Active Member

Not much success on III so far. I went with Bahl, Sorman, Sna'ip, Bonna^, Zuzu and Sheena. Petrify is very useful, but my Bonna^ is only lv66 - guess I need to unlock her last skill. Sheena doesn't do much damage, so I'm considering switching her for another status dealer - maybe Seiryu for shadowbind, or Yukken^ with confusing arrows. With no Gatz^, I don't have the 'big sword + tap boost' option.
    BTW, is the runner vulnerable to any status too?

3. Wee Orbling Z

Wee Orbling Z Active Member

Use Nakupi ^ : all the ennemies are Wild beasts... With 10% attack, equip, and 10% attack, self, Nakupi ^ hits pretty hard.
    With Bahl and Palpa ^, Kraken doesn't stand a chance. I use Korin for defense, Bonna ^ as a mover and Callista or Sheena.

Kraken move 1 : vertical attack
    Kraken move 2 : horizontal attack
    Kraken move 3 : area (1) attack

Use Palpa tap buff when you have a PP. Nakupi^ and Bahl shouldn't lead the pincer (so they stack their attack)
    80 animata eggs on my first run, 130 the second time. Edit : 200 the third time

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  4. Weird D

Weird D Active Member

No Nakupi^ either... Grace maybe, as she has wild beast def down 10%, but I doubt it'd do much

5. Wee Orbling Z

@Weird D With a sword team and PP it's doable. I didn't equipe Defense -20%, Wild Beast, the first time when I beat it. Snai'p is a bow character. You can try with a Bow team but you need Manner to cancel the circle of carnage. Try with Palpa ^, Bahl, Zuzu, Sheena, { insert sword character }, { insert sword character }. Korin is great too.

6. crazedmonk

crazedmonk New Member

I've been using Bonna ^ (both her petrify skills) to lock down one side, gugba, bahl, gego Z, reijin Z to lock down the other side, and pala Z. I can start turn one with bonna and gugba on the left side, reijin and bahl on right side. Both are working on their tentacles and turn 2 left side is usually petrified and right side is gravityed, or paralyzed. Turn 3 finish off both tentacles at the same time, once boss uses paralyze area(1), tap pala Z 3 times, double pincer with gego Z, boss gets low enough to use hail blow(all), finish on next turn. Rinse and repeat. I usually don't go out of my way to get the metal minion, if its in range of my bahls or gugba's rake skill from CE then great, if not oh well.

edit: Forgot to mention, the first time I did level 3 I went in with with 5 z mages and ami since I used them for the other 2 fights. Its doable but it takes a really long time, Best bet is to go physical but if you been neglecting your non mage characters like I have. Magic is still an option but be prepared to go insane from how long it takes.

7. Weird D

Weird D Active Member

Next go went a bit better : Bonna^, Yukken^, Sorman, Zuzu, Bahl and Sna'ip. I made it till the pummel phase, where I died. Bonna and Yukken did great with statuses. Also, once at 50%, no more tentacles appeared - maybe because there was one left alive, albeit petrified. Maybe I should bring in Palpa^ (my only tapping buff) instead of Sna'ip or Sorman to help through the pummel. Anyway, at the moment I'm using MZ7 to grind Bonna^ - better stats and twin arrows cannot hurt.

8. Lightwalker

Lightwalker Well-Known Member

It's possible to capture KK^ multiple times for SB boost
    IMG_0486.JPG

Two round him here with Suoh^ the new DPS God!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    doodootron likes this.
  9. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

10. Sadok

Sadok Member

I tested oneshot K3 with 2 tab chars and without CE Otomo:

Team:
    Bahl (otomo +10% phys attack)
    Gugba (otomo +10% phys attack)
    Nakupi^ (otomo +10% phys attack)
    Gatz^ (otomo +10% phys attack)
    Bonna (otomo +10% phys attack)
    Palpa^

Nakupi with -20% beast defense. Double Pincer on boss without Powerpoint (n.a. in first round) works with 2x Tab Buff. Boss dies with one attack. But sometimes you can't kill him in first round, because the random casted tentacels refuse movement...

I think one tab buff with PP is also enough for one shot with this team

11. 770

770 New Member

2 turn kill with Nakupi ^, gatz and gatz, alika ^, sheena, and gugba. Wild beast def down + tap works wonders.

12. Sadok

Sadok Member

Do you have significant more drops with 3 times TH?

13. Weird D

Weird D Active Member

... it's starting to be annoying when tapping boosts make almost everything easier, and the only unit you have is the otherwise-useless Palpa^.

14. 770

770 New Member

Best I got was 111 eggs. Didn't try without TH to be honest.

15. Wee Orbling Z

Kill the runner for an extra 100 animata eggs

16. Sadok

Sadok Member

I think TH ist useless in this case. Reason:
    Eggs are dropping 100%. Only the number of eggs varies.

Negotiator or Neg. Pro is useful, because of low kraken dropchance.

17. Xeniaton

Xeniaton Active Member

Runner gives 100 (round).
    I don't use TH, and II usually get 180-240 (100 from runner + from 80 to 140 from Kraken).
    So seems TH is useless.

The real difficulty in that dungeon is to not kill Kraken before runner pops. ^^

Lightwalker likes this.
  18. Lightwalker

Lightwalker Well-Known Member

I got 227 with just Gatz^ but you have to 3 turn it (or make sure the pregnant runner is present and killed for the auto 100).

19. Hitchy

Hitchy Active Member

Easy Team :

Bahl (otomo HP +20%)
    Gugba (otomo Celestial)
    Kana (otomo HP +20%)
    Gatz^ (otomo Celestial)
    Gego (otomo giga Heal)
    Reijin (otomo Deluxe Pacifier)

20. ShadowMaster

ShadowMaster Active Member

Same for me that I once thought it is 100% capture for the 1st time.....it's pure luck, though.