Kraken Kino Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Slayn, Jun 23, 2016.

1. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

If you guys are wondering the minimum team to clear I did it with suoh (regular ) bahl bonna^ schweiz gego^ and rejin (regulat he died though). Take bahl suoh a hop and all the statuses you can, petrfify is good.

2. Xeniaton

Xeniaton Active Member

And you can use Kraken 2 for SBing :cat:

3. 770

770 New Member

You're right. I've got 229 eggs after getting the runner as well.

4. Weird D

Weird D Active Member

Finally made it with : Bahl, Korin, Sheena, Palpa^, Bonna^ and Zuzu. It would probably be easier if my Bahl was at more than 1.5%SB...

5. yamo

yamo Member

6. Weird D

Weird D Active Member

I've made it a few times, but nothing reliable. I'm way too dependent on status effects to deal with the tentacles, and it sometimes takes a while. I'm starting to think I should try to recode Suoh to get another strong sword for the team. As it is, I have better luck with level 2 - at least it feels like I'm making progress.

7. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

The fight isn't really a dps check, but then it sort of is. The adds can spawn relentlessly if you don't take out the two initial tentacles and at a certain percentage KK will just Hail of Blows until it dies or you do. I'm struggling to down KK III on my alt account (no tap skills, no Gatz, Gugba is only lv 78, etc) because the adds overwhelm me and I have no Gego to manuever around them.

Also lizards take double damage. I'm trying to figure out what the point of that mechanic is, but at least now I understand why Ami^ was dying so faster compared to Bahl.

8. Weird D

Weird D Active Member

You forget that sometimes KK will respawn tentacles even if you've killed them. That's why I'm using statuses, especially petrify - works great when it sticks. But yeah, your alt is pretty much my situation : no tap except for Palpa and no Gatz or Gugba at all. The team I'm using is probably the best I can field, unless I use Zael.

9. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

The original tentacles will revive the other if you only kill one of them during a round. You have to either kill both of the original tentacles (the ones with the heal skill) at the same time, or land a status on one of them, kill the other one, then kill the first one before the status lifts to prevent it from reviving the other tentacle.

That said, if you have Gatz Z and Bahl, you can just use the tentacles for building up the PP and then PP+hop double pincer your way to victory.

10. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

It's okay
    There's no rush, no pressure
    Here's an updated example of my farm runs:
    Terra Battle Kraken Kino Strikes Back3 https://play.lobi.co/video/2f556d41d745cd213dde5c08d9a6044dfc90de31

11. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I'll add that tap skill is available to everyone via palpa recode

12. Sassmaster9001

Sassmaster9001 Member

With "swords" as the only knowledge I got, I went in blind and won with:

Zam + GolemChron
    YukkZ + FaerieChron
    Rezin + KingChron
    Gugba + CE
    Bahl + CE
    PalpaZ + DragonChron

Killed the two thingies. Killed the preggo runner. Got DerpKraken to 50%ish. Double. Tap with Palpaz. Profit.

It'd definitely be easier if I had another tap. But this worked out just fine. Although YukkZ died, I still recruited it (probably thanks to Zam's neg). Which means I can replace YukkZ with someone else now. Maybe Ka'pori since his SB is pathetic. As is Bahl's.

13. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

Gugba - earth sword, King - skullspilter, Gatz - CE, rest had holy dragons just for fun.

I blew all my taps with the three hoppers I had right away.

14. justinabsentia

justinabsentia Member

Wow, this got super easy, super quick. I just recruited Kraken Kino /\, So I can finally Recode Suoh. Kraken Kino III is so easy now, that I may just keep farming him to boost his SB, and therefore boost Suoh /\'s SB% too. My team is:

Bahl: (for DPS) Earth Shield (for extra protection, but don't really need it. Skullsplitter or Earth Sword is probably better)
    Gatz /\: (for Tap and DPS) Skullsplitter
    Korin: (for HUGE Defense boost to Sword team) Genji Shield
    Nakupi /\: (for -20% Wild Beast) Earth Sword
    Palpa /\: (for Tap) Whimsical Pacifier (for status impairment effects)
    Yukken /\: (for Pro Negotiator) Deluxe Pacifier (for more status impairment effects)

I mean holy crap. Any one of these strategies would work. Korin's Defense boost, Nakupi /\'s -20% Wild Beast, Gatz /\ and Palpa /\'s Tap, but wow, with all three, my team is nearly invincible, the enemy's defense is severely weakened, and my attack power is just through the roof.

15. Ryden

Ryden Active Member

I can pretty much confirm that TH does not change the drops.
    Farmed Kraken II, got between 28-45 Eggs without TH, and had a lowest number of 31 with TH and did never make it above 43. Counting in the 15%, it's still in the range, but it feels to me that there is no difference.

16. legaiabay

legaiabay Active Member

Just did it 1 turn. Still RNG involved in it as long as enemies spawn not blocking my way to do double pincers. Yeah, you'll miss the runner :/

17. Weird D

Weird D Active Member

Seems like I finally have a somewhat reliable lineup for III, though it requires at least 3 swords and 2 status dealers.
    Swords : Bahl, Zuzu, Sheena
    Status dealers : Bonna^ (status dealer + CT + resist/cure paralysis) and Kana (status dealer + resist/cure paralysis + heal all), though Petrify is the best status IMO
    Extra : Palpa^ (for tap boost)
    2 paralysis healers means I don't lose too much time when Kraken uses Paralyze, as I can pincer him with them for a heal, and they give me a good coverage to try and get as many tentacles as I can in one turn.
    The problem is, with only 3 DPS, damage output is low and it takes a while (I swear I could run II 2-3 times for 1 successful III run), not to mention Bahl is quite squishy and dies easily.

18. Kouromaro

Kouromaro Active Member

May I request that some members here actually try to do it with only Palpa^ before claiming that it is easy?
    I have read three pages and I saw people saying this dungeon is so easy peasy, and then found some of such people say they have Gatz^, or some other Tap character.
    If you need some specific characters that are not universally accessible, it is not easy, guys. It is "with Gatz^, this dungeon is so easy." Especially when there are no other "easy" way.
    But well, I guess that is implied heavily enough.

I don't want to be a killjoy but the way people define "easy" lately kinda irks me. Those tap characters have only been released for 2 months. What are the chance that every one already have it? Probably a bit more or less than the chance that everyone had Grace when Leviathan came around. At least back then you also have the option of Levitation, Ice capsule or Red Starwhip with mages.

Even consider the use of Palpa^, is it truly easy for people who have joined the game for three months to have a high level Palpa^ already? (I have not actually thought a lot about this last point, just raising the question here).

Ryden and Moskentraumen like this.
  19. Weird D

Weird D Active Member

I'm right with you here - those tap boosts make everything easy... as long as you have them, meaning the new Z-ranks. You don't? you're screwed. That's why I failed all the recent dragon descents too. Though now that we have MZ7, leveling is easier, as long as you have Leviathan^.

20. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

I recoded and leveled my palpa^ few hours ago and was more like "Wtf it's much harder with her"

First time I beat kraken 3 was with
    Nakupi lvl 65 (- defense for beasts)
    Samatha^ for negotiator and runner lvl 90
    Korin lvl 70 (to keep units alive)
    Kapori lvl 80
    Gego^ 90 for perfect positioning
    And bahl...
    All had skullsplitter and it's bow alternative, I beat kraken first try and the other tries after that without any problem.

1h ago I tried it with palpa and was not even close because with her I'm not able to deal enough damage to get a power point fast enough.

So yeah kraken is pretty easy when you have bahl, Nakupi, kapori and gego

Edit @mt7 you don't really need icebind. I spend my 90 metal tickets today and can say: you can level your units incredible fast and get >1mio xp per run with bonna^ and a z mage without having icebind.
    I just used to level 1 healer together with my other units that revived my units at the start of each turn

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016