Leviathan Hard Quest Info

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Neofalcon, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

These is not a complete guide, just wanted to post the information I have for beating Leviathan on Hard

(Guide is a WIP)

Video:

Maelstrom:

[​IMG]

This is the attack he uses at the end of turn one, and can use additional times throughout the fight. It damages everyone in your entire group for quite a bit of ice magic damage. Its damage is permanently increased for the rest of the Quest whenever any enemy casts "Rising Tides", an ability used by both the boss and some snake trash mobs leading up to the boss. Kill snakes before they can get a cast off.

In order to survive an un-buffed maelstrom, you need one of the following:
    * Like in TB1, maelstrom damage is completely avoided by levitated characters. If you have means to levitate your entire party, you can trivialize this mechanic
    * If you plan to just take the hit and survive, your characters need to have ~2.5k hp with 30 MDEF, or ~1.6khp with 65MDEF to survive one-shots. You can buy and merge cotton robes from the shop to help reach these values.

Bubble:

[​IMG]

At the end of a pincer, if Leviathan has fallen below an hp threshold hold, he will gain a Bubble (He can gain this bubble in-between pincers too, it does not wait until the end of the phase). This bubble will last a few turns and will drastically reduce the damage he takes. This means that you have to actually survive his attacks and do the fight's mechanics, unless you're so OP you can oneshot him with a single pincer (which is actually possible, if you yourself have a Djagos with a Z weap and someone on your friend's list with the same).

Tidal Wave:

This is an attack he does where he goes to the top middle of the screen, and drags all your units up with him. The next turn, he deals ice damage to every character, with the damage increased the closer to the top row a character is. Characters near the top of the screen will be one-shot regardless of gear.

For this attack simply move all your characters to the bottom row (or near it) in the span of one turn.

Stage Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Woops forgot to take this screenshot >.>

[​IMG]

Party Requirements:

(Coming soon)

Rewards:

I'm gonna be frank: Levi hard is not worth doing. While the drop rate for Levi is higher on hard, since you can't ORKO him like normal, you can't guarantee negotiator procs even with a friend Djagos. You also can't bring a 100L team of king orblings for chances at Levi from luck chests like you can on normal.

On top of that, Levi Hard doesn't seem to drop any equipment, unlike Levi Easy and Normal. It's unknown if this is intended, or if there's rewards there that are just SUPER low droprate, but there's no reported drops of any value so far.

So my recommendation would be to just farm Levi normal, for now. You can try Levi-H for fun, or just for practice for when it hopefully will have worthwhile rewards, but you're better of on Levi-N with 100L and a negotiator friend.

Note that it's currently possible to cheese the boss fight with a character with the Hobble skill. I'm sure that this is not intended, and Boss characters will be made immune to Hobble soon enough, but if you have a character with hobble feel free to abuse (video of said abuse here).

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    SmilyT1, Qwen, lynx and 2 others like this.
  2. Acheron-X

Acheron-X New Member

Received Beret from Hard. Also if you have a friend with Jirow you can ignore his mechanics completely! (lol)

As shown below:
    [​IMG]

3. DanielMilian

DanielMilian Member

By using his Hobble skill? I have him but I wasn’t sure how worth he is

4. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

What level is his hobble unlocked .. i assume you need a super whale to have hobble proc every turn unless its 100%?

5. Acheron-X

Acheron-X New Member

First off, he's broken as a Guardian. Second, he has a +50% activation rate for skills for the WHOLE PARTY... so you can see why he's sorta broken.

6. Qwen

Qwen Active Member

What's hobble ? I mean, the effect?

7. dmmby

dmmby Member

Adds a turn to all enemies effected before they can attack.

AKA Permastun for enemies effected by it.

For some reason Levi is.

Qwen likes this.
  8. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

I think my Hobble unlocked at around level 90.
    Frequency plus 50 is awesome but is part of a recode.
    I wonder if two Jiros are in the party is that a 100% proc rate?

9. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

I have been able to kill him on the first turn consistently. I have a friend who has a Djagos with pro negotiator and 400+ MATk. The rest of my team is Scarlett(200 MAtk), 1 King Orbling, Ohryu(hybrid damage), and Samantha RNA(physical). I pincer him with the KO on the side of my mages and Spellblades on the other with a PP saved from the previous fight. GG Levi.

Not sure if it's a bug but, it seems that he will not trigger his barrier between pincers on the first turn. On all other turns he will, but not the first one.