Looking for help prioritizing my units for leveling/recoding

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Joe, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Joe

Joe Active Member

I have been still pretty engaged with TB1 (there is a lot I haven't gotten to yet in end-game stuff), but I have been regularly logging into TB2 for daily bonuses, energy giveaways, etc.

Now I wanna start spending more time on TB2, level up and recode my characters and get ready for more interesting events and dungeons that will likely come in the future.

I am looking for some prioritization advice on what units I should work on first, best support characters and any special units for whatever reasons.

Keep in mind, SB grinding is not something I am planning to do in the near future, so don't prioritize a unit solely on its union rewards.

The number between brackets is the number of copies I have. Yes, I have 3 Tsutsura :arghh::facepalm:

Z
    Elga, Mu, Tsutsura(3)

SS
    Conrandt, Haruhikari, Ipp'oh(2), Ken(2), Kenton, Koh, Melba, Roland, Samatha, Zumba

S
    Ahryu, Bali(2), Chacha(2), Chizuru(2), Hime'nald, Ivan, Ji'row, Shalu'lulu, Shean(4), Shen, Uhse, Unryo, Zomberger

A
    Battle-R, Billie, Cid(2), Goku(2), Gun'ford(3), Jeanne, Johnny(3), Joogo(2), Juzeiana, Kwantas(2), Macrant, Oppul, Surge-L(3), Turttra(4), Uz(2), Vohgless(4)

B
    Almost all B units

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Whatever guardians most suited to the quests you're trying to tackle would be the priority I guess. Right now Nidhogg Hard drops EXP Wings which will help reduce the time/stamina you spend levelling up the rest of your guardians so if you have the units to take it on I would try to focus on them. You need fire/earth units and a healer, wind units are also possible as they will survive the fight even if they don't do as much damage.

If you haven't farmed the gear from Leviathan(both the helms and berets enough to fully unleash at least 3 of the beret and 4 of the helm) and Zmey(just the Magicians Garb x3 fully unleashed) then I'd try to do those before Nidhogg if you don't already have good mdef gear.

In the long run these are standout units: Elga RNA, Mu RNA, Lyon RNA, and Samatha RNA for physical; Tsutsura DNA, Ken, Uhse for magic; Kenton, Samatha, Koh, Gun'ford, Battle-R, Roland are good spellblades for damage in general and a few have good utility skills like Seasoned Pro/CT/Absorb Capsule (all in their RNA forms I think except for Gun'ford); Surge-L, Conrandt, Ji'row, Zumba have useful utilities; and Haruhikari with gigaheal(all) is probably the best healer. Shean and Oppul have elemental resist chain skills which may be useful for certain fights.

Joe likes this.
  3. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    There are 2 things to take into account: the fact the some A/B classes can deal some heavy damage (Battle-R and Kul'nero are two beasts) -- so you might want to raise their SB to increase their chance to trigger their 10 and 30% skills -- and the good Union rewards from the S+ guardians.

Even if I'm not taking the game too seriously at the moment I'm more focused on "boosting" my rarest pulls. I dump most of my stamina in quick MZ runs, recoding all the guardians I might need one day and using a team of S+ classes with good Union reward(s) for running story and farming coins from time to time.

The reason why I'm not spending time on my A/B classes is because I'm planning, eventually, to SB them by feeding them my dupes, as TB2 is really generous with Energy (we get 10 Energy over 15 days and each pull costs only 3) and my experience with TB1 taught me that sooner or later I'll have some high SB silvers anyway.

Among the Union rewards I give more weight to the companions, as they offer skills otherwise not available from all the strong equip that can be also found with Pacts. I think that Union for guardians like Xena (Z class bow) gain importance only if you manage to get more copies to merge together, otherwise sticking with a bunch of A/B classes with strong skills and pulling exclusively equips from the pacts would have the same effect (sooner or later we'll all -- casual and hardcore players -- have multiple Z class weapons, so why working hard for one Indra when we can just pull a Yoichi Bow with no effort?).

So, back to you, *I* (what I think I'd do) would focus on Elga (Two-Hand Gauntlet), ChaCha (Double Dice at only 50 Union, against the 100U of the other guardians), Mu (Power Pot at 50U), Haruhikari (a must, as she is a wonderful healer and has Healing companions) and Zumba (CT+4 at 50U).

Melba (Freq +20% Equip companion at 100U) is another interesting one.

I didn't look carefully at the other guardians, but Roland's AoE, CT+4 and EXP Boost make him the perfect carry for Metal Zone: my Samatha passed 70% SB only from that kind of stage, so you might want to use him for my same purpose (if you're not already doing it).

Can I... haz one, please? :shy:

Joe likes this.
  4. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

I highly recommend getting started on Ji'row fast then recoding him to DNA. The main draw being his {Party Frequency +50%, Equip}. This makes everyone's skills activate at a high rate without SBing, allowing for quick viable team formations.

Joe likes this.
  5. The Duke

The Duke New Member

OP said he wasn't planning on SBing in the near future, so he wanted recommendation not based (solely) on Union rewards.

6. Joe

Joe Active Member

Thanks all for the help.

I prioritized the units that would help me grind Nidhog for the Exp Wings.

So focused on leveling up and recoding Jirow (for the frequency), Haruhikari (for obvious reasons), Ken, Kenton (since they are earth units) and likely Koh (since she is my only half decent fire character. Those along with a strong Djagos frendon, I should be able to farm Nidhogg easily, right?

Also any suggestions on whether to recode Koh to DNA or RNA?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 9:10 AM
  7. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

One important thing about Nidhogg is preventing him from eating the glowing seeds and getting stuck in the corner where he can't be pincered, and to do this you would want a character with CT as well unless you have enough damage to wipe him out in 2-3 turns or tank his attacks.

Joe likes this.
  8. Joe

Joe Active Member

Good point .. I guess I could replace Jirow with Roland or Conrandt (since Kenton has the Frequency boost anyway)..

9. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

If you can manage with just CT+2 Conrandt RNA would be better than Roland because he has Dragon Exterminator(and stealth which could be useful in getting double pincers if Nidhogg is against the sides)and dark only deals half damage to dark.

Joe likes this.
  10. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

I don't have any CT+ units and I kill Nidhogg Hard in 3~4 turns just fine. My team is: Ji'row DNA (S), Ka'prese (A), Scarlett RNA (B), King Orbling (C), Eliz'beth RNA (or any other healer), and frendon Recoded Djagos. The only damage dealers are Scarlett and Djagos, the rest is support. The only thing to watch out for is to not let Djagos be paralyzed or go blind, as that can really slow down the battle.

Align Djagos and Scarlett with King Orbling so they get buffed by his MATK +10% Chain. Adds up to +20% with a double pincer, buff lasts 2 turns, so it can stack upto 40%. On top of that, Scarlett RNA lv90 has Fire Damage +20% All. Double pincer = 40%. Lasts 2 turns = 80% stack. So both Scarlett and Djagos gets 120% fire damage boost. On top of that King Orbling has a healing skill which helps.

On the other side, Ka'prese keeps summoning Anti-Darkness capsules which mitigates the damage a lot. Ji'row DNA makes sure that Ka'prese and Scarlett's skills keep proccing. Healer Eliz'beth keeps them alive, and subs in to pincer if one of them is paralyzed.

Djagos being equipped with a weapon that has a full column range for Solar Wind will help wipe out the minions in preceding stages. King Orbling is easy to farm. If you don't have Ka'prese or anyone with anti-darkness capsules, just add in another fire damage dealer and make sure everyone has enough MDEF as to not got OHKO'd.

Anyway... That's my strategy. 100% success rate so far. Got 9 wings. 11 more left to go x.x Good luck to you fellow farmers

11. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

Damn, Joe! You have an amazing roster that makes me jealous (Even the 3 Tsutsura's. Ice is one of the best elements in the game!).

Don't forget that just as important (if not more important) is the gear you have. Guardians give you skills, but gear is what gives you stats.

Joe likes this.
  12. Joe

Joe Active Member

Absolutely.. I don't have that great of a gear.. So now I'm using all my energies exclusively for equipment.. I'm good with guardians for now since they are useless without good weapons.

And yeah, I think my RNG luck in TB2 so far is a lot better than in TB1, lol

13. Joe

Joe Active Member

Any thoughts on whether it's better to recode Koh to DNA or to RNA for Nidhogg?

14. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

DNA for damage.

15. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

The reason CT is nice is because of the seeds. If you let him eat too many or don't pay attention and Nidhogg chases the seed into the corner where you can't pincer him at all then the fight gets really messy. Of course if you have anti-darkness caps then you don't have to worry about seeds at all, if not then it's very easy to get your 2 low mdef characters killed by the time he eats 3 seeds.

But yeah, go with what works the best with the roster you have.