Lunar King

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by LegendaryFrog, Jun 29, 2017.

1. ducnh85

ducnh85 Active Member

Hmm, it's impossible with me with only 1 tap.....
    With amis z, i dont think need to use olber^ to survive.
    Just try gatz^, bahl^, snaip^, gego^, amis^ andolber^..
    It's not aproblem till the boss charge to moon beam all(twisted appear). After that, my whole team die even with 3 4 capsule of olber^.
    It begin when boss has about 300 400k hp, noway i can do it with only gatz

2. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

It cant MW didnt change the code for any of those skill, and even if they did means nothing since the effect of said status take effect before panacea can proc(only status ward would have an use but not panacea)

Tharos likes this.
  3. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

You can do it with only one tapper all you have to do is 1 get as close to 25% 2 do a double(or triple if possible) pincer on boss with pp and the taps that should bring it close to death(definetly not to 1 hp but close) then just gotta carefully pincer again with pp avoiding the rifts(make sure to stack gego ct buffs as much previous turn).

Or the easier way just recode your palpa and use her instead amiz.

france001 likes this.
  4. skypillow

skypillow New Member

Thank you all for your tips!

I've just done it after a few try with : BahlZ (CE), SnaipZ (CE), GegoZ (CT+2), GatZ (CE), PalpaZ (healing rod), OlberZ (healing rod)

I've waiting until the dragon reached 360000 before double pincering with PP.

5. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

It really isnt all that hard once you get the right moves, after the first win you will find farming it easy.

6. Juicy

Juicy Active Member

I just can't see any significant advantage of doing MK99, since MK/SK otomos both drop even by just doing MK79. Practically speaking, I think it's better to go to Sun King instead if you want challenge.
    Just my 2 coins. I'm not discouraging anyone to have ~fun~.

That seems to be the case with me. I spent like 3-4 hours just to kill MK for the first time, and afterwards it suddenly became piss easy. What a mysterious phenomenon.

7. ducnh85

ducnh85 Active Member

Just try with gego ( ct 4), gatz( otoma 10% atk buff) snaip( peyrna sword) bahl( 10% atk too) palpa^ and olber^( healing a otomo).

Fail when 3 pincer( snaip bahl last) with palpa and gatz tap, using pp too. Boss still have about 100 150k hp and boom..

8. secangel

secangel Active Member

Tried with a hybrid team with physical and magical damage, yet failed:

- Gegonago^
    - Gatz^
    - Souh^
    - Invincible^
    - Mizell^
    - Snaip^

They have both ATK and MTAK taps and I thought it would work. Guess I need to go either pure physical or pure magical.

Edit: and I noticed that everyone has grand peta weapons or hiso god which I do not have now...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  9. france001

france001 Active Member

I think you might be bursting too early, to have such a huge gap. Are you checking to see that MK is between 330k ~440k HP? The lower the better. Also, make sure you had a steady double pincer the turn right before you burst. I recommend any Peta Weapon if you have them, on SnaipS and BahlS.

10. Jasewes

Jasewes Member

Some one suggested Shin'en to me, with his impair def tap, physical team can brust at about 600K.

my team:
    Bahl^(grand),Snaip^(grand),Gutz^(preyna),Amina^(hiso god),Shin'en^<physical build>(Sun King),Palpa^(doesn't matter)

france001 and LegendaryFrog like this.
  11. isunohon

isunohon New Member

Was able to defeat lunar king a few times with this team. Only problem I'm having is positioning. 1 or more character always die due to me being careless on which attack is going to be next.
    Snaip^ - Chocobo
    Bahl^ - Holy Bow of Genji
    Palpa^ - Healing Rod
    Shinen^ - Rune
    Nazuna^ - Eternity Hourglass
    Suoh^ - Chocobo

_20170702_014703.JPG

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    LegendaryFrog likes this.
  12. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Thanks for the tips everyone. And it's true. Once you have the DPSers plus a tapper or two (more always make any task easier), the hardest part is remembering which attack pattern the Boss is on. If you don't remember or missed the attack, just stay clear of the attack areas for all three attacks. From then on just a matter of slowly whittling away...

13. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Maybe it's not a problem for many others. Just want to point it out in case any of you brings Marcus to the fight and intent to take advantage of his capsules.

The minions will consume capsules left from the previous round (those just produced are safe, I mean the capsules a player fail to chain and stay onto the next round, hope it's clear) and get their stats significantly boosted. They can thus pincer a unit to near death if not kill it outright. Just horrible.

So make sure to take into account the capsules when moving. The upside of this is your units can survive one moon hit from the boss if enough defense is stacked.

LegendaryFrog likes this.
  14. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

Finally got my 1st kill using Gegonago^, Shin'en^, Bahl^, Palpa^, Olbert^, Snaip^. not to hard tbh, just keep messing up on the movements while slowly chipping away. What i do is save up 2 pp get boss to anywhere under 400k hp then palp buff/shin debuff, pp double/triple pincer, then he charges and i kill him next turn usually has 10-50k hp left at that point. Moon King SS as a drop and Sun King SS from 100 Luck Chest =), or was it the other way around, dont really remember.

15. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Nope. First time, I tried with both Palpa and Gatz with Panacea. Still got destroyed by Lunacy. I assume the same with Scorch.

16. vicenturi

vicenturi Active Member

For those asking if its possible with one tap, done it with bahl,bonna,amina,snaip,suoh and palpa, all Z, and a lot of s/l of course.

17. TriggerHurt

TriggerHurt Active Member

Does anyone know if the moon king will repeat his final instakill attack if the party survives? For instance if you use a warp immune character to warp out the 5 other party members for the fatal turn? It's hard for me to test because the 1 hp boss usually dies from Schweiz's poison bombs

18. vbatti

vbatti Active Member

I'm running it with

Gego - Tera Heal
    Marcus - MOG (with only 30%sb)
    Mizell^ - Sun King
    Gatz^ - Chocobo
    Bahl^ - Chocobo
    Snaip^ - Grand

done 3 in a row, the only issue without olber is caring about the adds. Got 3 lunacy shield :troll:

19. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

I think I'm more amazed that you got Marcus to 30% SB already. :eek:

I'm only at 5% from pull thursday. Also considering the time I spent to level him to 90/90/90 with MZ.

20. vbatti

vbatti Active Member

Well, 3 of 6 pulls was Marcus lol