Lunar King

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by LegendaryFrog, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Sadok

Sadok Member

Sorry my question again:
    Is it enough to go for 79 moon king with 80L Team for moon otomo, or should I try with 100 L Team.

Or:
    What drops in 80L chest and what in 100L chest?

2. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Moon King otomo drops from 80L chest, yeah. Kind of rare though. I already got 5 Sun Kings and only 1 Moon King. The rest are MM^ :wtf:

3. Ael

Ael Well-Known Member

Same feeling with a 80L : the moon king may drop but very not often.

A question about olber : how works gengi shield or star Master when he already have sacrifice / evasion equip / evasion self / capsules ?

4. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

Star Master would be a waste since he already has full evasion after a double pincer. You could probably stick a Shield of Genji on him, but Self-Sacrifice takes the target's DEF into account, not Olber's.

5. Ael

Ael Well-Known Member

Thx for evasion info :)

The shield is the one with barrier, self. I had the feeling that the dammage reduction was apply when he receives dammages from self sacrifice, compared at a situation without the self barrier. But not sure at all. At this time, I was not using capsule, I suppose it will be better with ;)

6. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I used the genji shield on olber, might as well. I feel like the genji shield needs to be useful somewhere, so why not here....

7. Ael

Ael Well-Known Member

Is the moon king otomo really available in L80 chest ? I had one in my first down, but I never see an other after that. Was that a special gift for the first otomo ?

8. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

It's a rare drop in 80l and 100l chest, unless MW changed it. Got it in both chests.

9. EASY26

EASY26 Active Member

Also finally beat him with:

BahlZ
    KorinZ
    SuohZ
    AminaZ
    Bahl
    GatzZ

(i got no olber)

and with 80% luck:

BahlZ
    Shinen
    SuohZ
    AminaZ
    Schweiz
    GatzZ

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  10. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Took Self-Sac off Olber for the first time and got "serious" with MK79. And by serious I mean that I kinda tried to make a good team.

Olber^ (Genji Shield because...)
    Bahl^ (GrandRag)
    S'naip^ (CE)
    Peyrna w/Atk and MAtk taps (Chocobo because...)
    Gego^ (Timeless Hourglass because I'm lazy and terrible)
    Tronic Gal (Tronic O because...couldn't be bothered taking it off)

Managed to not buff Bahl enough that she died around halfway through, still easy going. Gal Gadot is true to her name and mostly laughs at damage while dealing decent sun DPS to MK (she'll be even better when she's not at 30% SB!). In true Lazycore fashion, I didn't pay attention to mobs or the pattern of attack that MK did, so Olber mostly saved my ass in that respect. I did pincer mobs one time right before Lunacy, so as to "bait" MK into casting on the pincering units.

Was not aware of how the final attack of MK worked, so I waited until <300k HP and he summoned his stupid warpholes. Bursted him with S'naip and Gal providing the DPS via PP and 6 taps, then laughed when two of my characters got knocked into a warphole by mobs after MK died. Only thing I regret is that Gal is only 58L, which knocked my luck below 100 (so I only got the 80L chest).

This boss feels much less "cheap" than PDK did (as the first of its kind, like PDK was). I probably would've been fine switching Palpa for Gal (and, you know, keeping Bahl alive), but where's the fun in that?

Zeroelcapo likes this.
  11. Arito

Arito Member

Is there some pattern in moon lvl 99? It's taking me forever to get the moon companions with L80 team...

12. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

It's easier to get the moon companions from the level 79 moon king, I think

13. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I don't have the Sun damage to trigger MK99 so I haven't been able to update the opening post. You might be better off grinding to l100 from the forest for a second chance at getting MK otomos.

MK79 does not drop MK otomos. MK otomos only drop from the l80 and l100 chests and even then you're more likely to get a lunacy shield because those are ever so useful.

14. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

That's what I meant... the 80L and 100L luck chests drop MK otomos whether you beat MK79 or MK99

15. Arito

Arito Member

My problem is that olber is less than 5% L, the rest of the team is L100. I'll try changing olber for ami L100 and play that way, or recode olber.

16. Ael

Ael Well-Known Member

I feel that mk79 is really a better option for farming as mk99 is sooooo long to kill :/

17. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

I agree. My team is 100L and i got six moon king within two days after the release. Now they are all Z. And are totally useless, cause they dont help me with Sun King.

18. eclesis

eclesis Member

Just got it whit the Olber team and 6 taps. It's a long fight! Now, I need to get 10 more otomos !

Moskentraumen and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  19. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Does Moon King no longer drops Companions from Luck chest? I've defeated him about 4-5 times and didn't get a single Sun/Moon companions.

20. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

got one moon companion from 80L 5 minutes ago

Rydia likes this.