Melting Pot - Lizardfolk Discussion

Discussion in 'Events' started by kramerica222, May 1, 2018.

1. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

This just dropped on us. Sort of resembles the Tower of Temptation event, but features a string of quests instead of just a couple of boss encounters. Features solely lizardfolk enemies, and *mostly* spear users, so bow characters will work well. Though I may repeat quite a bit from the info post, I'll post what I found so far:

- There are 15 quests total. The first 5 are 5 energy, the next 5 are 10 energy, and the last are 15 energy. Difficulty increments as you progress.
    - Level candies are the reward for # of times you complete any of the quests (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30).
    - Skill candies for those who clear quests 5, 10, and 15 with lizardfolk using job 1 (no recodes).
    - Luck candies for those who clear quests 5, 10, and 15 with lizardfolk of class B or lower.
    - Coin pots are random encounters. The higher the difficulty, the more coin you can give to the pot, and the greater possibilities of rewards (candyboxes of each type of candy! 3 levels/skill/luck per use!)
    - Magic seems to be weakened as you progress to the middle stages, and is basically useless at the last 5 levels. Though I haven't tested it out, I'd assume spellblade units are worthless for DPS.

For now I've cleared all 15 levels, though at level 15 I've been forced to use my main bow team. I don't know what setups I could use for the B team or J1 team - it's probably more about my companions than the units themselves. Kind of sucks that mages and spellblades are worthless for damage at that level.

2. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Also there isn't any penalties to not doing this quest with non-Lizardfolks outside of the Candy quests other than me judging you as filthy scum.

Sh'berdan (level 5) is really easy, you can do both quests in one go.

Ra'prow (level 10) is quite a bit harder and maybe you'll need to do the quests separately. I used the following team for B-class quest:
    • Ma'curi (primary damage dealer, next to impossible to do without him)
    • Sh'berdan (healer and extra damage)
    • Ra'prow (with Healing Rod. Healer and extra damage)
    • U'nasag...doesn't do much
    • O'pari...doesn't do much either
    • Ba'gunar...same, doesn't do much
    So yeah, basically just Ma'curi as much as possible.

Haven't done Ra'prow J1 quest. Haven't done Ma'curi, too.

3. Tometo

Tometo Member

Managed to finish Floor 15 with the 6 B class lizardfolk adventurers at Job 1, and it's all about companions and unit placement (and using a time extension >.>). I used a Whitewyrm Wand on Sh'berdan (dedicated healer), Peta Bows on Ra'prow, U'nasag, and O'pari, Grand Bow on Ma'curi (dedicated dps), and a Rat on Ba'gunar (crowd control).

IMG_1983.PNG
    IMG_1984.PNG
    IMG_1985.PNG
    IMG_1986.PNG
    IMG_1987.PNG

Honestly, Ma'curi is so much easier to deal with compared to the mobs in each floor, which can obliterate your units if more than 2 can take action. The only thing worth noting about Ma'curi on the Job 1 Challenge, is that his charged attacks can one-shot any units with low defense. His first charged attack appears around 50~60% HP (cross-all attack, easily dodged), and his second charged attack appears around 20~25% HP (column attack first, then every turn preceding this becomes 3 columns).

4. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

Macuri's normal pattern seems to be the following:

Spear attack on his 2 columns
    Spear attack on 2 outer columns (similar to MK's outer column attack)
    Spear attack on his cross pattern + summon minions
    Repeat

Like you said, Macuri himself isn't too much; it's the monsters that accompany him. Any unit you bring can be two-shotted with any combo of pincer, breath attack, or an X attack.

For now I'll have to see if I can adjust my otomo setup. I have no grand peta bows; just 3 normal bows of genji. However I do have a whitewyrm wand. A rat's chronicle instead of just a plain rat maybe?

Grun likes this.
  5. Tometo

Tometo Member

It's worth noting that only the spear mobs can be hit with status ailments (at least from what I saw). It helps, but it's entirely RNG based so not the most reliable method of dealing with mobs :x

6. vbatti

vbatti Active Member

are skill candies rewarded only once completing 5,10 and 15, or like level candies?

7. Aexact

Aexact Member

I'm not trying something as ambitious but I kept losing. So at 20-25%, he does column and then 3 columns repeatedly? Getting hit just kills me at that point.

Also, not having a PP on the floor 5 leaves me at a loss, leaves too many things alive and then I die to incidental damage.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  8. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Some details on this event:

On magical resistance
    Quick check: most enemies (I think all of them, but I haven't verified all of them) have magical resistances:
    - stage 1->5: magic deal 30% damage
    - stage 6->10: 10% damage
    - stage 11->15: no damage at all

Ma'curi boss details
    - enemies seems to have a small stats reduction when entering with a b-lizards team
    - first charge at 70% HP, he only charges one skill
    - second charge at 40% HP. He changes his pattern, and the only way to stop this is to kill him. (of course, the only way to prevent it, is to kill him without reaching 40%)

Drop:
    first clear: 100% chance Ma'curi OIII
    other clear: 10% Ma'curi OIII, or 40% MM if the previous 10% didn't roll
    (same drop rules for stages 5 and 10 otomos)

Coin Creep Pot
    Coin pots: 30% chance to appear during the run, same change for all stages.
    If it appears, it's on a random floor between 2-3-4.

The amount you can give increases every 5 stages:
    - stage 1->5: 0 / 25 / 125 / 750
    - stage 6->10: 0 / 50 / 250 / 1500
    - stage 11->15: 0 / 100 / 500 / 3000

The pot "rewards": (disclaimer: here, it's only server side. We are not looting directly the items, the game only sends a message to the server, and the server sends a mail to your account, so the rewards can change. The name of the messages to server are the codename used ingame, so you have the same information as I do)

The games uses a random test based on how many coins you gave on out of 10k.
    So 100 coins is 1% chance. 3000 is 30% chance (the max).
    • pass: it sends a "bigHit" notification to the server, there are 3 of them: bigHit_0, bigHit_1, bigHit_3
    • fail this "bigHit test", you get normal rewards. One random pack between itemHit_0, itemHit_1, coinHit_0, coinHit_1, coinHit_2 and coinHit_3. The two items seems to be small lizard items, and the other 3 are coins amounts, of course
    Our guess is that it's the "bigHit" is a candy reward. So on average, you have a random candy every 10k spent

On top of that, it seems there are "special" rewards, based on how many coins you spend. Those rewards have fixed spent milestones and contains candyboxes (basically x3 candies at once). I guess @Rydia and @Allatar have more info on those milestones

Jmchang, Tometo, Lianna and 6 others like this.
  9. Allatar

Allatar Active Member

about Milestones :

3000 coins spend : Level Candy Box x1
    6000 coins spend : Skill Candy Box x1
    9000 coins spend : Luck Candy Box x1
    15000 coins spend : Level Candy Box x2
    18000 coins spend : Skill Candy Box x2
    21000 coins spend : Luck Candy Box x2

And i think that's it, i'm now around 35k soins spend and didn't get more "special gift" message

For 'normal' gift so far i had :
    luck candy
    skill candy
    level candy

tail of insight
    benevolent fang

100 coins
    200 coins

Kyru, Syntax, Tometo and 2 others like this.
  10. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the enemy type. I noticed Lizardfolk Mages took way more damage from magic than the Knights.

So...30% chance for Pot spawn and 30% chance for it to drop candies.

Total: 9% chance for a candy drop each run. 3% if aiming for a specific candy.

11. Yuarknow

Yuarknow New Member

Do s/l candies farmable ?

12. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

If you consider farming chances to run into the coin pots, then yes.

EDIT: Oh nevermind; I don't think anyone wants to risk S/L when a pot shows up, so I don't think so.

Yuarknow likes this.
  13. Aexact

Aexact Member

Ah, the key was Ma'curi!

Beat level 15 with J1 B Lizards, Ma'curi is just so much better than the other lizards that their only use was to make more pincers for Grand Peta Bow Ma'curi. And for that, they need to survive. I gave Rap'row and Sh'berdan bows but honestly, if Mac isn't in the pincer, things ain't getting killed. Everyone else was on do not die duty so they were holding my Whitewyrm Staffs and that Amina Staff (I didn't have a Tera Heal Chain staff but that would've been better).

There are only 6 B rank lizards so Ba'gunar being the lone sword user in a sea of spears was a trial. The two burliest members were Sh'berdan and Rap'row because of their stackable Def Self buff so when possible, I put them in the midst of danger. Despite my efforts, Ba'gunar did not make it the the end of the boss, one shotted by the X-Strike reinforcements but I gave enemy Ma'curi a good one-two finisher to honor his (worthless, meaningless) death.

... In the end, I used a bar and a half of stamina and all my stocked Level Candy (including rewards I previously got from the Melting Pot runs) to raise the J1s of the class B lizards to 90 so uh I still came out behind in terms of rewards. lol oh well. That candy served it's purpose.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  14. EASY26

EASY26 Active Member

I think without Grand PETA bow it is impossible with J1 Lizards only...
    Always made it to 20% Life but macuri just kill everything afterwards... I Beat every other Level though with that team and it was fun

15. Moebius

Moebius New Member

I'm only person that can't do lucky level 13?