Melting PoT: SB, LB and candies

Discussion in 'General' started by Silver Mitsuki, Oct 17, 2018.

1. SetsunaF

SetsunaF Active Member

I've ran Yapkar like 100 times and not a single candy drop. SBing so not using any TH

2. Eblis

Eblis Member

Huh - you mean for the individual candies, right? I would not swear TH actually does anything - I had them along just in case - and my rate was definitely still very low. I still haven't gotten any on Amina, either, so I might just have gotten unusually lucky on Yapkar/Burbaba? Or maybe the THs really do help out? I can't get great numbers in this case, since the rate's definitely low enough that it would take WAY too many runs to estimate an accurate probability, and I'm still not motivated enough to dig into the APK guts to find out (although it taunts me that, unlike luck chests, it's at least possible in principle...)

3. SetsunaF

SetsunaF Active Member

yea i meant the individual candies from boss drop not the candyboxes. as luck would turn out.. i just got my very first candy drop yesterday after my post.. but it was a level candy so completely useless, but at least now I can be confident that it does actually drop and not a myth.

4. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    From my (untracked) tests, the drop rate is the good old 10% troll (or anyway something between 7 and 15%, 13 as many recode items maybe?) as I got 14 Amimari OIII (OIII have, if I remember correctly from the first Melting Pot: Lizardfolk event, 10% of drop rate) and probably less than 20 candies from my runs.

With Lunar units becoming harder and harder to find (i.e. defeating the Sun King and getting the Royal Ringstone by consequence), even with these poor rates these stages offer amazing results. Luck boost all the way and then use the Skill Boost candies on your coolest units. If possible, do this exclusively when watching a movie or something and have a life outside Terra Battle, even if it is about playing other videogames, don't try to clear the silver/gold pool as soon as possible and just enjoy the stages you can play with the units you pulled, making your stamina rot if needed :)

5. SetsunaF

SetsunaF Active Member

do you mean use the melting pot lower stages to get candyboxes to LB all units? So far I've got about 30 luck candyboxes and 25 or so skill. I'm only 4 units away from golden road on SB though with pretty much 0 progress on LB as far as silvers are concerned. It might be faster for me to go the SB route as I can SB when farming for candyboxes

6. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    My considerations take more into account casual and new players more than people who, like you, are close on clearing the Gold/Silver road, as I often say (and this comes from someone who went hardcore and spent the Gooch only knows how many dozens of dozens of hours boosting while walking on that damn treadmill) that nobody should invest too much time in a game that is clearly meant to be played casually.

As you're that close to the Rainbow road I suggest you, besides from pulling daily and collecting Energy that you might even want to use to SB some of your units, to farm that SB on the Melting Pot stages. 2-1 is a great alternative (5-8 if you have many AoE units) as the moves to do are always the same ones, after some time you'll also be able to do it with your eyes closed (now that I think about I never tried to do it #regret) but with the right units with the right AoE you won't even have to spend time checking for orblings carrying candyboxes that might spawn on random points on the map on the Melting Pot stages (I got few boxes this way, realizing I got one only once reached the results screen), you'll get used to it pretty soon.

[removed dumb paragraph about how boring and slow SB is compared to LB, that with RR is like 4 times faster]

Skill boosting is still suggested ONLY to people who, like you, are very close on clearing a pool and I personally consider the old 1 stamina stages obsolete by now. Hope you can reach the Rainbow Road soon, at that point forget about SBing, unless you have nothing better to do than running the Melting Pot with your brand new team of Z class Lunar units of course.

A little reminder: Skill candies can also be found on the Luck Chests in the last boss among the Ultimate Five, Agartha (normal difficulty, the hard one drops Luck Candies), if you have some stamina to dump and you got tired of the Melting Pot consider the idea of running that stage from time to time (drop rate is pretty bad tho).

don't farm candies to LB all the units, if you want to LB someone use the good ol' forest. Even without a RR is way better than SBing or farming candies.

Eblis likes this.
  7. vicenturi

vicenturi Active Member

So it doesn't matter which stage of melting pot I choose for sb farm or final boss are better? Stamina cost doesn’t matter.

8. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    if I got it right it seems that all bosses have a chance to drop a random candy and that a orbling that drops a random candybox (worth 3 candies) can appear on every stage (boss or not, never on floors 1 nor boss floors, can't say about normal floor 5). The higher the stamina cost the higher the chance for a boss to drop a single candy (maybe), but keeping in mind that the difficulty increases as well you might want to do some easy runs in stages 3 and 5 (if you can't oneshot a boss then pick the "race" with the easiest boss for the team you're currently boosting). Stage 3 seems to have Metal Tickets in D luck chests, but unless you're running an high LB team it won't make any difference which one you choose to boost your units.

Playing a stage that requires too much time and effort to be cleared will kill the fun of Skill Boosting a team (if at your first try you didn't understand what you're running into, read the previous sentence again), so unless it comes out that stages 11-15 have an high chance to drop candies I suggest you to stay away from there ;)

vicenturi likes this.
  9. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Which stage are you guys farming candies? Beastfolk and Lizardfolk 3?.

10. Liveless

Liveless New Member

I have actually found the most successful drop rate to be in Human 3 whilst getting an equal amount of Skill, Luck, and Level candies. Just make sure your entire team has 100L and definitely bring someone like Gatz Λ if you can for the Treasure Hunter perk.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 6:08 AM
    BlackSama likes this.
  11. Liveless

Liveless New Member

Still, idk. I really need to SB Macuri up to 100% and several other units that have proven to be required for much of the endgame content. Should I just spam Chapter 2-1 or keep dumping stamina/time into the melting pot for the chance to get a SB candy (out of 2 other potentials that can drop too on top of the already miserable drop rate)?

12. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Personally, I'd stick to the Melting Pot, using a whole bar of stamina while watching a movie or something (2+ minutes, 5 minus 1 = 4 stamina of cost) instead of doing the same, but slightly quicker in 2-1.

There aren't many A/B classes that prove themselves to be "that" useful in the end-game (for most content, Bahl Λ and S'naip Λ are enough, you can ditch Ma'curi, especially considering that class-restricted quests in the Melting Pot/Tower of Temptation now aren't available anymore), so if you want to boost one specific unit instead of a team you definitively want to run the Melting Pot as it offers a really good amount of candies (SB and not)... and... uhm... 2-1 offers how much was it, 2% per hour (to each character) or so?

Don't know how close you are to the gold road, but from your message I have the feeling you miss more than just Ma'curi to reach the gold road, where dupes are worth 10-12% SB each, so boosting them via ad-pulls isn't really an option...

Anyway, note that the most annoying parts of stages like Mutoh and the Sun King are "damage check" phases, and that the Power Point you'll most likely save for that moment will also allow your units to trigger their skills as they were all 100% SB, so as long as you have the units you need for those stages you should be able to clear them regardless of their SB.

So again, I'd just keep SBing in Melting Pot 3 or 5, bringing at least one AoE user to make everything easier. 2-1 is a thing from the past from my point of view.

EDIT == my messages slowly became a dump of random things I have in mind, I just hope I made my point ==

Liveless likes this.
  13. Liveless

Liveless New Member

I have nearly achieved Gold Road but it has been done primarily by LBing once I discovered the lower requirements for clearing characters from the gacha (e.g. 70-80% for cap instead of 100% for all) and because the chance to increase is nearly guaranteed per 1 stamina run as the Lucky Orblings spawn every single time. The problem is even with peta otomos on most characters and Augment Attack x6, certain bosses (like the PDK) require you to push from 80% down to 45% or something like that--no movement trouble, just inconsistent damage even with proper positioning for double pincer. I was able to clear it with my current roster but only after getting lucky with SB procs for increased DPS. I could go and equip Tonberries but then I'd have to double pincer every time for multiple turns to mitigate the thrash (and I'd lose extra damage from the lack of peta otomos). If SB is maxed out on the characters I'm using it will allow significantly improved DPS on heavy hitters like Ma'curi. Btw, S'naip Λ is part of the team I am currently working to SB.

EDIT: You're probably right to do melting pot instead though considering their SB has about the same chance to proc as it does in Chapter 2-1 and you have a chance for candies. Stamina cost is higher but who cares about that anymore xD

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018 at 8:37 AM
  14. Liveless

Liveless New Member

Okay, Melting Pot is definitely the way to go. For whatever RNGesus reason I got 4 Skill Candyboxes in nearly consecutive runs with additional Luck and Level candies in between. Heads up: Amina does in fact have a chance to drop candy. They only give 1% boost, but still.

15. SetsunaF

SetsunaF Active Member

just keep in mind there will be dry runs too. I've emptied a whole bar of stamina and getting 1 luck and 1 level candbox.