[Meta] Too many stickies!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zanmorn, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Zanmorn

Zanmorn Member

Edit: This was originally posted in the Guides sub-forum.

As of this posting, there are currently 15 topics stickied. Depending on the user, this could easily be one or two screens worth of scrolling to get to newly posted content.

Now, many of the stickied topics are, of course, useful, although some seem a little dated. While stickying useful topics seems like a natural idea, here it's just creating clutter: this is the Guides sub-forum - most posted topics are useful!

Instead of the current system, I propose we limit the stickies to about three: Comprehensive Character & Monster Data, Comprehensive Monster (Foe) Data, and a new topic, to act as an index for guides. (The Comprehensive Profile Pages topic is interesting, but doesn't have the general utility of the other two, and would be better suited for the index.)

While an index would require a little extra work from someone, I don't think there is such an influx of guides that it will cause too many problems. More importantly, the index would serve a similar role to the stickies and be useful for people looking to quickly find specific information without drowning out new content. The topics for Skill Boost and Negotiator/Treasure Hunter could be filed under "Game Mechanics", for instance, allowing one to easily locate them, regardless of which page they are on in the sub-forum.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    tieuzbao and G Malo like this.
  2. G Malo

G Malo Terra Battler

Medals:
    Can you please make this into a guide and request a mod to sticky it. :p

tieuzbao likes this.
  3. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

4. G Malo

G Malo Terra Battler

Medals:
    NeoCHI and Kivanc like this.
  5. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Just doing my Karma and community service. Thanks @G Malo.

6. Hyourinmaru

Hyourinmaru The Frozen Moderator

Thank you, will note is as an action point to look into.

7. Zanmorn

Zanmorn Member

Thanks a ton for the quick response, Kivanc! Sorry I didn't originally post it in suggestions.

To be honest, I was a bit hesitant posting the topic originally; I know on some other forums mods can be a bit more... totalitarian. I'm glad the community here is so easy going. Thanks for all the hard work. <3

8. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

We (at least I personally) are quite open to suggestions, especially good ones. I don't promise doing them due to time, technical, and other reasons, but this looked like easy enough to execute with a lot to gain.

Keep on suggesting!