Mistwalker Popularity: How would you improve/market it?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by france001, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely clear, anymore. Mistwalker Minion used to be here, but they left, and since then, I've heard nothing.

Don't get me wrong; I didn't think anyone from MW would see this thread, but you're right, it would be nice if they did.

2. poopingpoop

poopingpoop New Member

3. Sean Bond

In my mind, you created an account on tbf JUST for that comment. :p

4. france001

france001 Active Member

Meh, the subgroup forum thread is called Feature Request so I thought I might as well post my passing thoughts here. I wasn't expecting MW to see it either. But there is no harm in posting what you think. I like to see it as some wishful thinking.

Sean Bond and Lucida like this.
  5. Sean Bond

You know, another thing I'd really like MW to do (wouldn't even have to be in-game) would be to release some sort of statistics on what players are doing. For example, we know we hit almost 200k Jade Dragon murders, but how many unique players have killed the Dragon Kings? Shin'en & Mutoh? Etc. Microsoft has implemented a "rare achievement" prompt when you unlock an achievement few other players have, so it would be cool if MW let us know what the player base is up to. Outside of bragging rights, it'd be cool to know how far along everyone playing actually is.

SatchmoBGW and Ryden like this.
  6. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

This would be interesting, but also a bit difficult to calculate. How do you define "how far along" someone is? Releasing player statistics would be good if there was a big community, but TB isn't exactly large so it could actually backfire.

Someone else mentioned above expanding the achievements so maybe MW could release stats on achievements instead? It'd be nice to see how many have cleared Shin'en/Mutoh Hard Mode or how many people have managed to get 80 drops from Puppet Time.

Sean Bond likes this.
  7. Sean Bond

Yeah, I definitely considered the backfiring perspective; I wouldn't ask/expect for #s on how many active users there are, but maybe percentages. Like, 10% have beat HM Shin'en, 3% HM Mutoh, etc. More achievements would be cool (and more personally useful, of course), but I'm genuinely curious about how the playerbase handles the game.

8. france001

france001 Active Member

Say, I think it's worth a shot at asking Sakaguchi about these feature requests. Since the #AskTheGooch twitter event is out, might as well. MW has given us a medium to voice our thoughts, right? As long as it's a question.

Estavali and Sean Bond like this.
  9. Estavali

Estavali Member

I think it's worth a shot. Like you said, might as well =3

10. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

More wishful thinking but...

Job 1: Pichu
    Job 2: Pikachu
    Job 3: Raichu

Pokèmon Go collaboration.

Pikachu carries in C2/C3. Hooray!

11. Qwarf

Qwarf New Member

I said this once on chat but make a more colorful app icon. Palpa just isn't doing it justice. Have a intro with all the character arts flying by and in that you can disable in the settings or just first time thing. Have Snaip^ lower left standing on his dragon firing an arrow at bahamut in the upper left maybe have grace^ nd stuff near snaip either that or put baha in the middle with a pincer in the upper right. Maybe stretch content by having something like baha and levi in a battle together or have rikken and yukken do a dbz fuse thing where they make rukken

12. Qwarf

Qwarf New Member

And advertise your percentage of free to play active players maybe "##% of users with 40 hrs+ of game time are 100% free to play"

13. Qwarf

Qwarf New Member

How about to coincide with the returns campaign you release a z character for people that currently have 30+ consecutive logins. There's this in other games but I think this strat might help terra battle the most currently.

14. Qwarf

Qwarf New Member

So first release a z then every two months release a S then a SS then an A all with the currently have 30 days consequtive login requirement so you'd have insentive for about 8 months of daily activity and then after that for those that haven't gotten them yet have them spaced out by 30 days. You can have him beneath BHO and have the 30 days plus only allowing one BHO in.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  15. Qwarf

Qwarf New Member

For the S character have it be bagunars (he's a prince right?) Protector. And that's where you can introduce ... The AXE! Have it be strong against bows and spears one square away and weak to them 2 or more and have be the opposite against the sword. You can do a story off shoot where you get bagunars and have an easy and hard mode for his jobs then recode and O.
    Have him be a more human looking (forgot the word) Sabertooth like a lion minataur or lion warewolf. with a solid gold shoulder to chest plate and forearm guard with flowing indentation symbol artwork from his opposing shoulder to the tip of his axe. I'm also feeling some jewel bedazzling somewhere like ruby but not on his armor ears or axe

16. Qwarf

Qwarf New Member

Maybe a hidden perk or recode ability of plus 15 attack for him and +15 defense for bagunar when there both in. I was kiddint about rukken. But that rikken recode... what about being able to recode rikken into yukken^?

17. Qwarf

Qwarf New Member

Maybe braid his hair and have big rubies and small other jewels woven into his braids. For his third costume or recode you can cover his armor with dense jade prince Rupert drops. saw a youtube video showing them taking bullets or something. For his skill that Lines up with gugbas earthquake it could be a border or edge sqaures boomerang throw that does .5 more damage. For a recode skill he could have a olympic hammer throw that boomerangs so a area 1+ring so it hits 4 square characters twice.

18. Qwarf

Qwarf New Member

For enemies you could have them moving so you have to time it right to pincer them. Could get interesting with two. That came to me thinkin of a metal zone 8 minion that retaliated to physical attacks instead. But would make sense for a new luck boost runner that stealths or normal enemies thatd bump you out of there path but also could stop when a character is pressed in there path. Metal zone 8 almost doesn't seem like a thing though. Another skill for someone random could be a kinetic/warp ward or destroy that switches off every second of your timer kinda like automated ikaruga.

19. Qwarf

Qwarf New Member

One more, the SS or A could be the great Wall of china snake or wingless dragon. Have his in field portait be just his face with the wall cropped out and have his 1st skill for each job be +1 build wall and make it trail like build bomb and have it block stealth at the wall not past it to get those gegognos thinkin. It could appeal to at least the pokemon guy cuz it might give him feels if he likes onyx too. But his full Portait would be the face taking up about the bottom third with the wall tailing back into the distance. Btw onyx is a rock snake not a wall snake. You could put him below BLO and have the thirty day consequtive plus only allowing blo.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  20. france001

france001 Active Member

I stopped playing for a while, but I think it would be really cool if they applied hard mode on every chapter or made a bonus new start+ for old chapters. Hard mode would just be similar to weekly challenge, "All levels synced to X Level, and have the monsters with A LOT higher stat buffs and heavier hitters." And achievement would be 1 energy per chapter again.

TrueShadow and lynx like this.