Mobius Final Fantasy Recode

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Liveless, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Liveless

Liveless New Member

So I read Rydia's guide on farming the Primordial Dragon King. Got 6 lvl 40 Tonberries and leveled all 3 of Echo's jobs to 80. While I have my 100L Palpa^ and my 100L Jaguna^ for the Dragon, I still need to farm Cockatrice^ from Battle 7 to recode Echo. Even with a good diversified team of Bahl^, Snaip^, and others, I'm struggling with DPSing him down quickly. Is there a companion that prevents his weapon and magic seals? Or is there a better team I could be bringing?

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Yeah, Recode can be quite annoying but as long as you bring Bahl Λ, S'naip Λ and Palpa Λ it shouldn't be that hard.

Don't clear the second-last floor entirely, but leave one or two mobs alive and take the chance to charge up the buffs on your main Damage Dealers while positioning them properly to defeat as more minions as possible, then use a PP charge and 3 taps from Palpa Λ to deal a ton of damage to the Cockatrice.

Don't know what companions you have, but remember that Odin Z, if still available from the Odin Eidolon, is a SS Gungnir under steroids (stronger and with a buff), 3 of them should give you the boost you need to kill the boss (remember to pincer the boss with Mog to apply a good debuff!)

Other good common DPS are Odin Λ, Sh'berdan Λ, Ra'prow Λ and Grace Λ, but I suppose that your problem is finding the right 100L unit... the drop rate is a mere 10% if I remember correctly, and as the other unit needed to recode Echo can be found in the Tavern and the Joker Λ can now be recruited from a daily quests (it seems to appear in average once per week) is just matter of time before you get your 100%/100L Echo Λ ;)

What units do you have with you? How do you behave during the fight? How many turns does it take you? Do you have a Negotiator character/companion?

As the last time I played the stage was... well, the first time it came out which is... oh, December 2016, nice... well, I don't remember that much, especially about the Weapon/Magic seals, but I don't remember about doing anything for them when farming the boss.

If you're struggling with him, I suppose that 80/80/80 Echo and 70L the monster you need for her every time is the best solution, remember that every recruit is worth 1L, which can be translated in +0.2L to Echo Λ. In terms of time, 100% her via multiple recodes then reach 100L via multiple "simple" recodes (+14L each time) and running the Forest over and over again is the best solution.

I can't remember how I 100L my Echo Λ, but by looking at the date she came out I think I recruited Cockatrice Λ once every time and re-recoded her multiple times, it mustn't have been that hard (the recode process, not the recruiting part) as I don't have lucid dreams of me boosting Echo as I do with the first PvP Ami Cup.

Liveless likes this.
  3. Liveless

Liveless New Member

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I have cleared both PoFS and PoFoF so I have all monsters. Entire team has 100L with the exception of my 80L Echo--farmed that up in Cryptid Forest (most also have 100SB). I brought Bahl Λ (running Skullsplitter), S'naip Λ (with Bow of Genji), Gatz Λ (Skullsplitter and for the Augment Attack), Samatha Λ (for the Negotiator perk) equipped with Rune. Also brought 70L Sorman equipped with Panda for 100L to heal but after what you said I feel as though Palpa Λ would be the better option there.

Basic strat for me has been to kill adds immediately upon spawn whilst keeping regen up coupled with big AOE healing from Sorman--then when PP is up tap Gatz Λ for the increased DPS and double pincer. I'm losing lots of damage because of the weapon seals--otherwise he's down to 50% in nearly 1 attack sequence. Maybe if I have more taps with Palpa Λ he'll go down faster.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  4. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    As long as you pincer with Mog when tackling the boss you should be ok (again, if I remember well he should have a strong debuff for this purpose that doesn't trigger in chain), eventually it will take you an extra turn (bring an extra PP if you can)

About you having the PoF cleared I imagined it when you mentioned Jaguna Λ, great to read that you also have Gatz Λ, this will make the things a ton easier; Palpa Λ if paired with a Healing companion (Eidolon Phoenix's Luck chests might still have them, if you lack of a SS Whitewyrm Wand go for the A class Healing Rod) might be a nice help, in case is needed you can also use for an easier time on the previous floors.

As you already have a 80L Echo I suppose that Cockatrice won't be a huge problem for you: take your time, recruit it once and then recode Echo, then farm the leftover in the forest (can't remember how much time one run takes, but LBing while watching a movie is enough to 100L her, and stamina-wise is also a lot cheaper). The alternative is to farm 30L on Cockatrice (or farm the Hunt for Joker for about 4 weeks), but I can't say how nicer this alrernative is as I can't really remember if it was also possible to recruit the monster from the Luck Chests.

Weapon seals are quite bastards, are they active since when the stage starts? I don't remember using anything but phys units there, so if the block also affects the magic I'm afraid there isn't a cure, not a cheap one at least.

You're doing well, the best I can suggest you is to keep in mind that Echo has Regen skills as well and that you might want to keep her on a separate chain than Palpa Λ, that should replace your Sorman, to keep the HP of your party as high as possible.

I don't remember how much patience/skills/time does a Mobius FF RECODE take, but depending on the case you might just want to run the forest for an hour or so (30' with RR) ;)

Liveless likes this.
  5. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Oh, another thing I just remembered: Lucia IV is now available anytime, so if you don't like the Forest you can use that stage to farm the last LB for your Echo Λ after the Recode (with Cockatrice or Joker), it will take you a lot less time, and compared to Mobius FF RECODED less stamina consumption, just remember to bring physical units (normal Bahl/S'naip/Ma'curi are an option, also a healer and maybe someone to increase their defense in this case) and, if possible, at least one tapper for an easier time on the boss floor to make the whole experience more pleasant.

Using units with a maxed Luck on that stage can be quite annoying (as you're losing precious LB), but will make your runs a lot smoother and help you to get a new L100 unit faster (also, what's the rush of using your stamina wisely now that all the stages are permanently available? ;) )

EDIT: oh, I almost forgot: you are surely aware of this, but every time you find a Lucky Orbling, double pincer it to make sure to get a LB from it (still, if multiple Orblings spawn near eachother surrounding them with 6 units won't be of help).

Liveless likes this.
  6. Liveless

Liveless New Member

Got her :) now just need to SB her and Palpa Λ to 100% for those guaranteed regen heals.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.