Mobius Final Fantasy Strike

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Caliban, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

Is there anything useful in here? I played twice, got a warrior's card and a knight's card, pretty mediocre. At least with crappy Jade Dragon we all got some free energy, what's the point of this? Can't even get Echo^.

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    From the Wiki:

From this Tharos' post:
    So, 3 Companions :)

Moggy on floor 4 can also be used to farm coins; not much more

Rydia likes this.
  3. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

Thanks. I was hoping I'd missed something.

Interesting that it's a sync to 65 instead of a cap. Maybe one of my early-stage alts could use this stuff.

4. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Looks like one of those newbie-friendly events. Synced level so anyone can participate, mediocre Companions but better than the Silver weapons, and a chance for Coin farming.

Sadly offers nothing for old-timers other than collection.

Should have brought regular and recoded MFF along :/
    I was looking forward to finally 100L Echo, too.

mudamuda likes this.
  5. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

ya i was ready to farm up 6 of each of the companions esp mog since i was a nub last time and only got 1 of each -_- or even just get echo to job 3

6. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Yeah, it's a weird decision to not bring back the rest of the Mobius dungeons along with this one. Since there's nothing going on right now anyway.

7. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

I think too, it's designed for newbies, and the point is, that normal Mobius event is to hard for them. Otherwise I ask myself how many newbies are there to justify this dull and boring event. And the stupid random rate to get the otomos doesn't make it better.

8. CappCorp

CappCorp Member

Are we sure that there is no specific condition as per @Tharos 's initial post ? Seems Mog really does appear a lot for most people, and almost never few others, does not really look like you usual pain in the ass RNG pattern

9. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

i did about 15 runs got 1 warrior card (finally on the 15th run) 4 knights, and 6 onion knight cards, other 4 were mog and i never got the one that has a random chance at spawning in any of the stages

10. CappCorp

CappCorp Member

Here is at it went for me:

I first try with a squad mostly physical, got a Warrior on the 2nd run.
    I switch to mostly magical to clean up faster, got only Mog after that for 10 to 15 runs, I stopped playing for a moment.
    Then I got back with a fully physical squad with Z only, still Mob.
    Then I changed the squad to put the holy trinity (Bahl Λ / S'naip Λ / Macuri) along with Gego / Ami and then did some variations around that (Olber Λ / Beau'ne)
    * first playing it quite standard, having in average 2 pincers per floor: got another Warrior
    * then playing it slacking a lot, spending a lot of time in each floor: got 2 Knights
    * then playing it 1 pincer per floor: got the Onion Knight

I did not try again after since it's getting annoying and I'm close to being able to deplete the PoT but I'm more and more suspicious that this is not a full random and that there are indeed conditions that favor one or the other output.

11. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Eh, on two runs I did the exact same pincers and cleared the stages in the same amount of turns. I still got different bosses.

I mean, they could code it so "if you did this, chance of boss X appearing is now 50% instead of 30%", but that sounds needlessly complicated for a simple event like this.

12. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

The capped at lvl 65 thing means it's newbie friendly, so why code it so that there's conditions that could prevent newbies from getting a particular prize? Just bad luck I'm guessing.

Edit: Just did 7 runs and finally got my Onion Knight otomo (why does does the art look so different from the one you fight lol), out of that 2 mogs, 1 warrior and 3 Knights. Previously it was something like 8 Knights, 2 warrior, 3 mogs and I only ran into the moog that gives good coin twice.

Used the same team full of tappers with mixed units for all runs except I switched out Gego for a Zmage on the last 5 runs.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  13. Savlin

Savlin New Member

How is this event newbie friendly? I have been trying to get through the first stage and at least two characters die first round.
    All the information I have found is that it's new player friendly. How is it friendly when there is no way to do them.

14. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Hi Savlin :)

I agree on this not being exactly "noob friendly", but what the other users mean is that is much more accessible than other events that require the players to use an high-level team in order to put their hands on the best rewards, while Mobius Final Fantasy STRIKE synchronize each unit to level 65, giving a chance even to the brand players to enjoy it :)

Obviously, using a bunch of A and B class units with a low Skill Boost (the higher the SB is, the more chances your units have to trigger their skills) might not be enough to beat the whole stage, cutting off a big slice of players from obtaining the rewards.

Anyway, you still have one day to beat the event so tell us what team you are currently using, what other units you have in your roster, what point of the story you reached, and let us tell you if you still have a chance to win ;)

15. Savlin

Savlin New Member

Beginning of Ch 5 I have the starter healer, Gantz, S'naip, and Bahl.
    I'm going to assume that I'm not going to get anywhere in it. Which is highly disappointing since the TB event in Mobius you could complete it if you even started today.

16. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Well, there are several events going on all the time (just today a new collaboration and a PvP event were announced [ link ] ), and even if you got 4 very powerful units,
    • They all surely have a very low SB,
    • All their jobs #2 and #3 are still locked (except for Bahl j2), and this prevents you to use a much higher number of skills,
    • You listed only 4 adventurers, meaning that, beside Ba'gunar that you forgot to list, you might still lack of one adventurer at least for a decent team.
    You're still very, very, very early in the game, and losing the opportunity to run one event is perfectly normal in any game, so I don't think that "highly disappointing" is the right term in this case; designing a dungeon that would allow players with an "incomplete" team like yours (I'm sorry to say it, but this is what it looks like to the eyes of the other players) who also lack of ability (as you started very recently) would result in a poor experience for the whole community.

Anyway, if you have some free time today we can help you progressing the story, farming the items you need to unlock new jobs for your adventurers and maybe even helping you recruiting some units. Maybe for the end of the event you'll manage to complete the event at least once :)

If you're interested, you find us in chat almost 24/7 ;)

Rydia likes this.
  17. Savlin

Savlin New Member

Ah okay, guess I expected to much. Thanks.

18. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

In fairness, "new player" doesn't have to mean "someone who started last week." TB is a grindy game, so your "newness" is partially judged based on what units you have, and how far you are along with them. No disrespect meant here; my team was pretty lame for a looooooooooooooooooong time.

Saying this new Mobius event is "new player-friendly" basically just means that people who aren't close to taking on endgame content will find more value in it than us jaded veterans will.

And don't worry, @Savlin, the events rotate pretty frequently, and there's lots of stuff to keep you busy. Just concentrate on building/leveling your team; technically if you have S'naip, Bahl and Gatz, you have a pretty incredible start to a powerful physical team.

19. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

I wouldn't worry about it, considering the rewards really aren't anything remarkable. At your stage in the game, the starter Bahl/Grace companions you can get will probably help more anyway.

Sean Bond likes this.