Moon/Sun King

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Moskentraumen, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Active Member

Now using Feno Ashe Dahlia Shinen Amina Myne on 100 L, i have some questions....

On first damage check(60%), how many taps do i use for avoiding sun kings omni attack.(3 matk taps + 6 mdef impair taps available)
    Because there will be incoming another damage check (40%), where i die if i don’t have any more taps left them, right?

Am i better of using Feno and Dahlia with Mog or should i stick with MKZ?

Should i replace Myne with Olber?

2. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

Thet
    There are 3 damage checks. I used your team with 6 Moonking Z and passed each of the 3 damage checks with one tap from Ashe and one impair magic from Dahlia and Myne.

Did every time a triple pincer by using Amina^'s extended chain. I had Feno always chained with Amina^ via powerpoint. Was always enough damage to pass the damage checks. Feno is your main damage dealer.

I used a time extension to have more time for setiing on damage checks

Moskentraumen likes this.
  3. Moskentraumen

So, a triple pincer with an adharent mob? Can you make a Screenshot please?

4. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

Not now. I'm at work. It's at every damage check the same Rydia used in this ViD at final burst to beat Mutoh. You use the powerpoint and Ami^ to give your strongest units via extend chain one additional attack:

5. Moskentraumen

Thanks, Zyron. I did not know about that awesome triple method. I beat Sun King, barely though... Perfect pincer necessary

6. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

It's a tough fight. Most important maybe to avoid the mobs spawning at damage checks because they can prevent perfect pincer and you need 3 perfect triple pincers.

7. Moskentraumen

On damage check with triple pincer, is it better to have Mog or MKZ on Feno? Do i need anti-solar capsules on feno or Can i just use another Moon damage skill instead?

Seems like i cannot avoid the third sunstrike, all attack. Sometimes sun king survives the last damage check (although perfect triple pincer) with very few hp and attacks nevertheless with insane damage killing all my members.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  8. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

MKZ is better on Feno than Mog. I used the sun capsules and job 3 on Feno. I used luna pincer and corner, moonlight and luna as well on her. Dahlia with moonlight area 1, luna blade and moonlight blade and impair magic, Ashe with frigid moonstrike, luna strike, moonlight strike and taps.

Sunking attacks your charas after damage check, if you didn't deal enough damage. Otherwise he scorches all.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  9. Moskentraumen

For the record, I am able to consistently beat sun king with one matk tapper and two impair mdef tapper. The first damage check can be passed without matk tap and only 2 impair taps if triple pincered with extended chain. So, its good to finish sun king with 3 matk taps at the end when it is hard to avoid him re—spamming minions. (Beat him like 15 times, no RR yet *—#) (Thanks again for epic support) (I found Mog to hit harder on Mog than another MKZ, can some1 do the math?)

10. Moskentraumen

Currently using...
    Feno Ashe Dahlia Shinen Amina Myne

Would i benefit from switching Shinen for Nazuna? Equipping Ashe O for Time traps?

P.S.: still no royal finger gear and only 197 time expansions to go ...

11. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

You will deal less damage as you will loose Moon King Z damage once or twice in a double pincer. Stealth will help you on the other hand, if mobs prevent pincers.

Maybe it's not enough damage for the damage checks.:nailbiting:

12. sormr

sormr New Member

Thanks to your tips and Mikalicious' quickrun youtube video I was able to get my ringstone tonight!

Joe likes this.
  13. Moskentraumen

Gratulations, sormr! How many runs did you need?

14. sormr

sormr New Member

Haha thanks! Funny thing about the ringstone is I had no idea it was party-wide, I thought it was just the equipping character that got the bonus. I put off attempting Sun King until last week's otomo xp up when I evolved all my moon kings to Z and then farmed Schweiz OII. You're going to hate my answer though >.>

First attempt I took Shinen instead of Schweiz for some reason (was more worried about time traps than I needed to be, totally forgot about Schweiz's taps in the process) and it was a learning run. Second attempt took Schweiz and scored my first victory about as clean as it can go. Third attempt wasn't as clean (I toasted Schweiz on one of the later scorch phases before using any of his taps) but eeked it out though and something dropped o_O

15. Joe

Joe Active Member

No, no, no, no, no, you must be kidding right? You are not telling us that it took you 3 attempts to get the RR, right?

I hate RNGss :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: