Mutoh cleared, VH cleared, Senala^

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Eblis, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Eblis

Eblis Member

Finally able to clear Mutoh, and without much difficulty - although it took some planning! Have been working at this ever since the VH return was announced... First, Mutoh: the team was basically a standard triple pincer photon setup, limited by who I have available. Everybody's carrying HDZs:

Gego^ (CT+3, %20 to help Senala, M+10%, no levitation)
    Beau'ne^ (max photon)
    Zafitte^ (levitation, %20 again)
    Senala^ (max photon + solar wind)
    Schweiz (max damage)
    A'misandra^ (I would dearly love to pull Amina or Nazuna instead...)

Followed almost exactly this strategy, no RNG, no taps until the burst (but you can safely burn one PP to clear the second staves if needed).

I _think_ I could squeak an Hourglass onto Gego to make the movement easier, but it would take some care; the last burst is pretty tight. Getting Senala^ to level 90 (not 100L/SB yet) within a few days was the fun part. Basic idea:

* When VH started, followed @Rydia 's excellent-as-always guide to grab Clara + job items + recode + run up luck/SB + recode again (the 2x Clara + Clara^ -> Forest trick she recommends works really well!) Also Ella^ et al on the way (Feno^ and Zafitte^+MM are almost as good at board-wiping as Gugba for the speed runs...)

* With Clara^ lucked out of PoF, I managed to get Senala during the odds-boost in one 10x pull (which is not that lucky - without Clara, she's roughly a 1/3 chance, meaning you're very likely to get her in at most six Z pulls).

* Metal tickets + 2xPDZ for the MZ6K arena, a few saved Agartha level candies to go from 70 to 80, banked Fangs from Levi Recoded in the arena a few days ago, recode, rinse repeat MZ6K, then one stamina bar burn through MZ7K.

Have been waiting a long time to either have the patience to try a hybrid Mutoh run with physical team + Beaune^ and Zaldor (ugh, but taps...) or get another photon Z. This way only took two S/Ls (both from me flubbing the moves), and the process of working through the whole VH/Senala build-up was a lot of fun. Many thanks to everyone for the guides + info to make it all work (and MW for bringing VH back)!

Claywtf likes this.
  2. Papa Stef

Papa Stef New Member

Congrats!

I'm jealous, I've pulled twice 10x and only managed to get Beau'ne (now recoded and maxed out) and Haggo... No Senala :arghh:

Judging from your team, I don't think I could make it. My only photon units apart from Beau'ne are Kir'ue and Bagunar . I have the magical tappers Zafitte and Peyrna but I still need a serious upgrade on the photon side... I'll keep you posted!

Have fun meanwhile!

3. Eblis

Eblis Member

Thanks! Yeah, I was stuck with no useful photons but Beau'ne for a long time (although she's a beast once maxed), and my plan if Senala didn't work out was to try @cjguitarman 's mixed physical strategy using her, Zaldor for PP amp and def taps, and Zafitte rather than Schweiz. I suspect it would have been pretty painful, though, since it's somewhat RNGey to begin with and Zaldor is so lackluster. If you've LB/SBed Clara out and can manage even one more Z pull during the event, though, it's worth a shot - VH comes up so rarely and the chances for Senala are really quite good once she's the only one who's % boosted (fingers crossed!)

4. Eblis

Eblis Member

And now just used Mutoh to plow through Sun King for the first (and second through eighth) time using @Dreydus 's Feno^-only example, too. I would really love to pull a second moon unit (*coughAshecough*) to make the whole thing a little more fault tolerant, but after the first time or two it does settle down to a routine. Lots of extend-chain triple pincers. I couldn't find it written up as a guide anywhere, just the video... as far as I can tell, I'm 100% constrained with my team, can't switch any units, but it's:

Feno^ Schweiz Bow (my only moon unit, the bow helps...)
    Mutoh^ MKZ (taps)
    Gego^ Hourglass (doing this without stealth seems painful)
    Schweiz MKZ (one of my only two magic tappers)
    Zafitte^ MKZ (the other one)
    A'misandra^ MKZ (my only extend chain unit)

Eight done, anywhere between one and 300 more to go (95% likely to get a 1% drop by the ~300th run...)

5. secangel

secangel Active Member

When I was working on RR I always wondered, "I have run 8 times and no RR yet; what is my probability to get it on my 9th run?"

Well it seemed to be constantly 1%... I thought the more I played it the more likely I would get RR before.

Anyway hope probability acts to your favor! I got it on my 76th run. :)

6. Eblis

Eblis Member

Hah - one of the things I get the biggest kick out of in TB is playing with the numbers... Assuming they're not messing with anything server-side, the probability of getting RR on the next run _is_ 1%. But the probability of doing 300 runs in a row without getting one is very low (~5% = 0.99^300). Interestingly, the expected number of runs to get a frequency x drop is 1/x:

* The chance of getting it in one run is x.
    * The chance of not getting it on the first run but on the second is (1-x)x.
    * The chance of not getting it on the first two runs but on the third is (1-x)^2x.
    1x + 2(1-x)x + 3(1-x)^2x + 4(1-x)^3x + ... = 1/x

So in other words:

* The chance of getting a RR on the single next run is (putatively) 1%.
    * The expected total number of runs to get one drop is 100.
    * It takes 300 runs to be near-certain of getting at least one drop (>~95% likelihood).

You can tell I'm procrastinating doing yet another SK run if I'm posting things like this :) It is _not_ speedy with just Feno^, and not error tolerant - if I sneeze at the wrong time, it's a S/L...

secangel likes this.
  7. Eblis

Eblis Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Run number 65 :) Better than average... For anyone interested, I've been keeping luck chest stats on everything relevant (BLO1, Agartha, etc.) and the ones for SK aren't super important, but they're here. I messed around with the team a few times, so it wasn't always 100L, but I got Lio and Mizell during the current Z event, so the team I used the most was a minor modification of the one above:

Feno^ Schweiz Bow
    Mutoh^ MKZ
    Gego^ Hourglass
    Mizell^ MKZ
    Zafitte^ MKZ
    A'misandra^ MKZ

Mizell's higher matk compared to Schweiz made everything way easier; my experience was that swapping Lio+Lio O for Mutoh+MKZ was kind of a wash. The extra PPs more or less balanced out losing the burst turn breaks, and Lio made the moves a little more irritating since she has to be strictly in the double pincer each time (rather than at least chained).

Regardless - very last thing left now is Ultimate Five Hard and a bunch of LB to pull Z units. As @Rydia put it, #neveragain...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Rydia and secangel like this.
  8. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Now you are free from Sun King farming hell hahaha

Time to get that sweet double luck :D

Eblis likes this.
  9. Eblis

Eblis Member

An upbeat post on the eve of the big change in a few days... finished Ultimate Five Hard! They were surprisingly little sweat after a bunch of prep - two or three evenings to finish SBing necessary units, one for Garuda through Apostolos, one for Agartha. Nobody gave any particular trouble, although I flubbed Agartha moves a couple of times before getting it right. I had 10 CTs to cash during the last Z event and was lucky enough to nab a Hiso God (finally!), which made all the difference. Teams were:

Garuda: Tronic Gal (HG), Dahlia (MKZ), Feno^ (SB), Lio (MKZ), Mizell^ (MKZ), Amina^ (MKZ)
    Gatekeeper: Shinen^ (ADZ), Mutoh^ (SB), Lacuma (ADZ), Mizell^ (ADZ), Tronic Gal (HG), Amina^ (ADZ)
    Quyat: Senala^ (SB), Beaune^ (SB), Beaune (HDZ), Mizell^ (HDZ), Tronic Gal (HG), Amina^ (HDZ)
    Apostolos: Varve (SKZ), Hakann (HG), Renova (SB), Tronic Gal (SB), Mizell^ (SKZ), Amina^ (SKZ)
    Agartha: Zafitte^ (WW), Bahl^ (Ragnarok), Gatz^ (Ragnarok), Olber^ (WW), Schweiz (HG), Suoh^ (Ragnarok)

or at least a close approximation thereof - I didn't keep careful notes. Tronic + Hiso God was definitely MVP though, unsurprisingly... Zafitte^ would have worked as well as Mizell^, and Amisandra^ for Amina^, but it's hard to argue with sun/moon/tapper/mover/stealth. And credit to @Dreydus for the Agartha strategy, I used his "skip first impair with pact Z" tutorial nearly straight up, but with SS otomos (Hiso God aside, I still have just one grand peta, and Grand Rune was not helping me here).

I've been keeping more BLO1/Shinen/Agartha stats that I'll finish tallying and post elsewhere, but I'm afraid they'll all be moot soon - who knows what the important luck chests will do after 5.5.0 (spoiler alert: BLO1 CT rate is probably even less than 4%...)