Nazuna Life Drain oddity

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by Bad_Alchemy, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Bad_Alchemy

Bad_Alchemy Member

So I decided I will dust off Nazuna and start grinding SB and unlock her 3rd job to get a control time mover to LB with (plus end game I will have a 100L unit ready to recode for stealth/chains).

Something I just noticed is that Drain Life Area(1) works even if you have full health, you can clearly see it deal damage. I was told previously that it worked like leeching blade and if the unit had no health or you had full health it does nothing (like I can see with Gatz). Well that isn't true, she deals damage even with full health which is nice as I now have an AOE on her, weak as it is.

2. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

not sure if this would make a difference or not but gatz does magic dmg with his leeching blade and Nazunas Life drain is just absorb dmg so physical? Alika's Life Drain is like Gatz's and also does magic dmg so i assume it also does no dmg and Nazunas attack is different, theres a companion that gives a aoe lifedrain, forget what its called but i think i remember it working even at full hp with a 700 dmg cap or somthing like that

3. Bad_Alchemy

Bad_Alchemy Member

Thats interesting because there are lots of life drain heroes, so only some work huh? Wonder if that is intended or will be patched later on.

4. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

isnt it pretty much like 36AIS imbibe hp area 1?
    eddit: just tested it leech blade/life/imbibe do damage even if you are full hp someone gave you wrong info

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  5. Ael

Ael Active Member

Life drain do dammage in all situation, but you cannot heal yourslef if there is no more HP in the target at the moment of the life drain attack.

For SB purpose this is not an issue ;)

6. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

if the oponent has 0 hp left it will show 0 damage

7. Ael

Ael Active Member

It s quite confusing because i m sure to have seen 0/0 for myne and quite sure to have seen damage done with no heal.

The main thing is that in all cases the skill is activated :)

8. Bad_Alchemy

Bad_Alchemy Member

With Leeching Blade, if you hit and the target has no health when it goes off or you have full health, you see 0 damage. The difference with the AOE version (Life Drain) is that even if you have full health it will still deal damage if the target has health at the time the attack goes off.

When I first started using Gatz my team was low level vs enemies and so I often wouldn't kill the target enemy in my first pincer. If Gatz had full health I would see 0 damage so I know the skill Leeching Blade only worked when Gatz was missing some health as well as the enemy having some to steal. With Life Drain on Nazuna, even with her at full health I can still see her hitting enemies and deal 700 damage. This shows that the single target version of the skill dosent work when the user is at full health, but the AOE version does.