New Mog companion, any good?

Discussion in 'General' started by convolutionx, Oct 11, 2015.

1. convolutionx

convolutionx Member

IE: Should I waste 30 stam on farming for this?

It's just 10% matk mdef chain, and +25 matk/mdef...

Is it end game worthy?

2. White Mage

White Mage Well-Known Member

Medals:
    The MDEF buff isn't really that big of a deal. You would be wasting not only stam, but coins and metal minions maxing this otomo. If you have Bewitching Bows, stick with them. You are welcome to use the otomo if you prefer though. And I guess it's also a limited time otomo, so yeah.......

3. convolutionx

convolutionx Member

well i have one so i guess fk it. no need to get 5 more.

4. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Farm it.
    You already made all the dungeon branches. Repeating it to have the 6 mogs only cost you
    30 x 5 = 150 stamina extra that is like 12,5 hours stamina half a day and is an exclusive otomo that you could need in the future so i would spent a little time to get 6 of each. You dont know if could be usefull. Just farm the 6 and no need to lvl up now. At least for me im getting 6 of each of the 3 otomos.
    And you have 20 days to do it so you have time

Xensard, Sfreddy, se7en47 and 2 others like this.
  5. vortax

vortax Well-Known Member

If you don't have any other stamina sink right now, farm some of them, just to have them.

But their use is very limited. Sure, they are better than bewitching bow, but they are S class. That means you need 20 lambda Metal otomos for each one you want to max level. For that price, you could have almost 3 full leveled A class. It's just not worth it. Too expensive for very little advantage over Bewitching bow.

6. Einzbern

Einzbern Member

Keep that one as souvenir for FF collab, at least it wont appear again in other events....special treat u know

7. Epicancient

Epicancient Active Member

As far as overall usefulness goes, it's up in the top tier.

8. Tuo

Tuo Active Member

It's a whale item. Get at least 6 right now. If you don't have the MM^s to max them out, then don't sweat it and just let them sit there. Eventually, you will have some spare MMs that you can use on them once you have the lesser otomos maxed out. They ARE better than BBow, so if you don't grab them now, you may regret them later. ;)

Rydia likes this.
  9. convolutionx

convolutionx Member

sorry, is +10% chain better than +10% equip? IE: BBow vs Orichalum Rod?

If so, then that makes MOG the best Matk enhancer in the game.

10. Tuo

Tuo Active Member

Chain stacks (with multiple activations). Equip doesn't (well, not with itself). That's why equip skills are considered to be far worse than chain.

Rydia likes this.
  11. convolutionx

convolutionx Member

12. Chev4

Chev4 Active Member

Is this even possible?

13. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    If you can handle route D (it seems so), I think you should farm a few of them, and not max them if you think bewitching bow is better to max (which is up to you, I personnally don't have a lot of other otomos I want to spend MM on).
    That way, if one day MW release some new content requiring a little more MDEF, you will be happy to have them. And if now, I guess keeping forever 6 chocobos instead of 6 crappy D-class helmets is ok.

Rydia likes this.
  14. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

There is already content available right now where Mog is a great otomo:

PVP.

If you're serious about doing as well as possible in PVP then you should get some Mogs. Sure, they'll suck for the bruiser cup but for other cups they'll be a premier otomo.

If you're not as much into PVP or don't think you'll be able to level them, then BBows are fine.

Rydia likes this.
  15. Sfreddy

Sfreddy Member

I get my first Mog => It is Great!

It's one of the best free Otomo we can have with Healing Rod.
    Add to Sam ^ & Koko ^ the bonus should be So huge !!! ... I don't have this guys but I always Hope.

But I agree its hard to spend this mount of MM^s but MM^^s will be available... one day.

16. vortax

vortax Well-Known Member

For pvp, the DC Otomo has shown to be the top tier one available... I'd equip this one over Mog Otomo without a second thought :p

ElCorintio and Matthieu like this.
  17. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    I take offense to being called a whale. I have 3 currently, one has 8 mm^ put into it. I have 45 mm^ I'm sitting on for the next bonus xp event just to feed into the mogs. I plan to grab 3 to 6 more. The extras would be to show off/enjoy the level again.

In this game stacking buffs is huge. Go ahead and compare it to a bewitching bow, but 30 stamina for the no evolution required buddy is nothing. Keep in mind at best a bewitching will eat about 200 stamina worth of tears and particles and 80k in coins if you use only b ranked metal buddies. You only need 1 earth sword and sorcerer shield. The next best non energy buddies are the gloomy rod series which receives 95% of the perk at level 1 and demon's chronicle which isn't for everyone playing this game. Everything else worth using can be fed b rank minions.

If you are capable of clearing path d, I would highly recommend grabbing 6 mog and leveling atleast 2 in the next couple months. I have a very good collection of non energy based buddies and plan to replace my 4 bewitching bows with mog unless a better free buddy comes along. Even if you can't level it for 6 months, it's worth it to have them in hold.

Mr. Magoo and Todd like this.
  18. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I doubt it, if it becomes prevalent then people will use death ward chain on Amisandra

19. vortax

vortax Well-Known Member

Err... I meant "Disconnect Otomo"...

20. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Oh that makes a lot more sense!

Sorry it went right over my head, I thought "DC hmmm, he must mean demon chronicle..."

vortax likes this.