Nidhogg drops Exp Wings!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by tobsy, Nov 9, 2017.

1. tobsy

tobsy Well-Known Member

Hoooly crap MW bringing out the big guns..

Nidhogg Hard mode drops the treasured Exp Wing companions. No more need to SB the hell out of Mukumba for those. Yessss!

Make sure to put on your MDEF robes if you don't wanna get one-shotted like me xD

Oh and there's some new pull event but whatever... Don't have energy anyway.. ;;

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I don't know if I'll be able to run Nidhogg today, but I'll try and get as many information as possible if nobody else is going to start a thread to talk about him/her (as for the other Challenges), to have strategies and general talks organized all in one place.

For now, I'm just going to agree with you, can't wait to have a whole team equipped with 4 EXP Wing each, it will be insane xD

tobsy likes this.
  3. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I wonder if there will be a cap though?

But great timing, I was levelling Mukumba in preparation to get that EXP Wing and dreading the thought of grinding SB and then Union lol This means I might not have to take any trainers into metal zone too.

tobsy likes this.
  4. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    As in TB1? Don't give them ideas xD

tobsy likes this.
  5. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I also nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw he drops exp wings- too bad he just waits a few turns and then nukes everyone with "everlasting darkness"... guess I need some more robes?

6. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

There are some players running around with like 3-4 wings and I've used them before on MZ runs but I never bothered to note the numbers, but it was great!
    Imagine if all the Rolands had a few wings on =)

But it sounds like I'll have to level some guardians to use on this guy first...

7. Aj86

Aj86 New Member

So has anyone got the exp wings to drop yet? I've had no luck it seems all I get are hearts and souls.

8. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    I played only once and I got kicked very hard as I barely managed to deal him 1/3 of his HP, does that count?

Anyway, for sharing our strategy, tips and experiences with Nidhogg Hard, the following thread has been started: Nidhogg Hard.
    I ask you to keep any discussion that doesn't directly concern the EXP Wing companion there ;)

9. Chrismesco

Chrismesco Member

Got one on my 3rd (successful) try !

Edit:but no more after 10 tries. Guess it was pure luck and not relevant for drop rate.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    tobsy likes this.
  10. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

For me, EXP Wing drop rate seems to be around 12.5% (so far, 2 wings from 16 runs)
    At this rate, to collect 20 wings, I would need ~180 hours more...

11. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I wonder if they lowered the drop rate in the maintenance...

12. eladri100

eladri100 New Member

8 tries in Hard. No Exp Wing. The luck.

13. CloverKing

CloverKing Member

I hope not.. i've run it for more than 30 times already and i still have nothing.. so sad..

14. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Poor boy. And I thought I deserved pity for getting one in 30 runs (drop from the 12th and nothing since). Starting to think it’s either one-off or extremely low rate like 1 or 2 pct. Anyone actually got a second one?

15. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Oh no it sounds like Zmey hard all over again, getting drops initially and then nothing but crickets after. I'm still levelling a team to take Nidhogg on but it seems all my stamina for weeks will be spent trying to farm wings.

16. tobsy

tobsy Well-Known Member

I finally got my team ready and started farming. No drop yet. x.x

17. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I’ve gotten 1 in 36 so far

< 3%

18. tobsy

tobsy Well-Known Member

Yikes. Guess I'm lucky, I got one to drop on my 7th kill! Wooooop! Here's to hoping the streak continues

19. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

Yeah, 15+ kills here and no drop. Time too get someone with treasure hunter I think.

20. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Just gonna answer my own question: Yes, it seems at least several players across the world have got more since I just found in my random friend list two, each with four exp wings. I think it's safe to say they were not all union rewards. Now I feel like an idiot, pathetically grinding... especially when with more runs, the boss seems more clever and would hog the corner a lot and then I could only stare and see all units destroyed...

I know it's just luck and I'm supposed to enjoy the game at my own pace, but thanks to this compulsory friend list, one really cannot escape feeling inferior, particularly when you think you're not that bad but those really strong ones will just ignore or downright decline your invitation -- as I did to weaker players so as to keep the chance of my strong friends appearing for selection higher.

40+ runs and counting, not losing hope yet, but passion is dwindling:meh: