Nidhogg drops Exp Wings!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by tobsy, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

First run exp wing, next 20 runs nothing. What a joke.

2. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

So... You know you can control where the boss goes by placing the orbs, right? He doesn't always go for them, but he will only ever move to them.

3. Chrismesco

Chrismesco Member

Just got my second wing. Since Nidhogg is currently union 12% with a few dupes from luck chest, that would make around 20-22 runs for 2 wings if my math is correct.

For the record, just did a metal zone hard with 5 exp wings: my 2 + a frendon with 3. Total exp was 161 400.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  4. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Yes it’s been said, but not necessarily. Those several times he hog the corner mid-fight he was actually moving far away from the one orb left... there were also time he didn’t reach any even if all three were pretty close.

5. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I’m happy to report an updated drop rate of exp wings

3 in 43 attempts
    14.3%

6. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Me too actually. The 2nd one painstakingly dropped on the 50th kill and then the 3rd quickly followed after 3 runs. So it’s like 3 per 53 runs, 6% for me so far.

Seems a little bitching helped...

7. tobsy

tobsy Well-Known Member

I wonder if there's either a stack limit on the EXP bonus, or the number of EXP Wings we can own.

Got 6 yellow boxes to drop so far. The first 4 were EXP Wings! (Hallelujah!) The last 2 were HP Earrings 50.

I don't wanna say how many runs I did cause that's gonna piss off some people... ......it was 20. 20 runs, 4 wings. I'M SORRY BUT RNG LOVES ME TODAY. TIME TO BUY SOME LOTTO.

Running Metal Zone Hard with 7 EXP Wings + Roland RNA gave me about 210,000 EXP. So awesome.. xD

8. grizzlism

grizzlism New Member

Been running this event with all my energy since it started, Day 3 now? I've gotten 5 HP+50 earrings and 2 exp wings.

It's probably RNGeezus but I've only gotten the wings since I put Xena 50% Treasure Hunter in the party and started taking a
    Xena friends along too (100% TH)

My nidhogg is at 39% union and I dont often use a negotiator unit. That's a lot of nidhogg kills. The drop rate is significantly lower than any of the other bosses. Which is kind of ok because if I was on the development team of the game the absolute last thing I'd do is make exp wings a boss drop at this point.

I'm conflicted because I have some new Z level union reward equipment to level up but I'm compelled to not start doing that until I've gotten a huge amount of wings because they are probably the third most valuable companions at this stage of the game. 200k exp metal zones are a joke now.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  9. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Take heart. I think the real grind is getting the darkness damage +2% Union reward. How many of those are people willing to grind, I wonder? I’m probably going to change to 10-stam Nidhogg after I get my 4th wing.

10. TriggerHurt

TriggerHurt Active Member

Got only 2 wings for now, and aiming at 20 wings total which would amount (with a 4 winged friend) to an amazing 4.8 multiplier!
    Which I may enjoy for two days before MW add the inescapable cap...

11. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

These will likely eventually be available in a store in the future, as with all the other elements so I'm not going to worry about them. I'm sure in the course of farming wings most people have enough recruits to get at least a few through union though, but I wouldn't specifically aim to recruit just to get this union reward.

Speaking of which my progress has been very poor. I already have 1 Darkness +2% and I didn't even recruit him for all the times I've beat him and I only have a single wing to show for it... I had 3/4 fights drop the gold box and they were all earrings :/ Some days I drop no gold boxes. I'm tempted to try with a free luck team and have the frendon carry lol Too bad luck isn't very reliable in TB2.

12. eladri100

eladri100 New Member

Well, this is gonna sound weird:
    - In more than 50 attempts, 0 exp wing, I got angry and uninstalled TB2.
    - After a few hours, I reinstalled it. First attempt, 1 exp wing. Coincidence, maybe?
    - Then I uninstalled and installed it to see if it happened again but dropped Monstrous Heart.

13. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

That's a lot of work lol If by chance it did work reliably would you really have uninstalled/installed every single time?

14. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I actually think they increased the drop rate within the last few days. I got 1 exp wing in my first 30 runs, then 7 in my next 30. It's possible that came from the same drop rate, but unlikely.

15. eladri100

eladri100 New Member

Of course. Uninstall and reinstall until I reach Nidhogg battle takes like 7~8 minutes (maybe less and I just have to enter my user data) since I have the apk in the phone memory. It would be totally worth it.

16. Chrismesco

Chrismesco Member

That may be true as I got 1 yesterday and 1 today with only around 10 tries. Previously I got 4 for around 50 tries.

I now have 6 wings with one fully upgraded Niddhog (100 union) and one at 60% SB.

17. steak

steak New Member

I am on my fourth copies of Niddhog, previous 3 maxed out union, and gotten 2 wings, over 2 weeks of farming. I am not even sure if it is worth the effort of getting all 20.

18. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

Once everyone has 20 they are going to cap exp multiplier at 2.3x like they did in TB1 anyway...

19. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

If they are going to cap it please do it soon before I waste any more time lol

20. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Don’t farm 20! Don’t be ridiculous!

You’re never going to need so many. What, you want to get some kind of stamina savings from MZ? Here’s a secret for you - at some point you’re going to Run Out of a need to gain experience. Also, you get metal tickets. Also, all those mighties.

If you ask me, farming 20 wings is beyond crazy, especially if you’re struggling with it. Do something else.