No Energy Alt Challenge!!! ^:^

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Rydia, May 31, 2017.

1. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    How is A'misandra behaving so long? Don't know if you actually remember how it was playing with Kuscah, but does the lack of [Heal, All] make it feel?

Palpa j3 learns Panacea at level 65, would this be a too boring goal to reach for new players by Chapter 27? (enemies with Petrify)

2. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Im on my login day 5 and you see how far i got, in 1 week of playing would be really easy to get panacea in palpa. Remember that im stopping at chapter 19 so the only mzs ill have in map are 1 to 4, to farm mz5 i need to use tickets, and i cant use mz6, someone with all mzs in map would have it easier.

But panacea doesnt heal petri right? Does it??

Amisandra is great and i never had troubles with the lack of heal all, you only need to switch her from one side to other in bosses and u are fine, also palpa has reg right?

But yeah ami heal is more than enough.

Remember I beated levi with a lvl 30 team without too many issues :3 (only 2-3 tries until i noticed how to do it)

3. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    I'm not wondering if YOU can get it, but how hard for a newbie could be.
    Anyway, I didn't realized that Animatons (required to unlock her job #2) can be farmed EFFICIENTLY only once cleared chapter 27, so nevermind.
    [​IMG] Panacea, Area (2), 100%
    [Chain: Cure allies of sleep, poison, paralysis, confusion, demoralization, petrification, icebind, and shadowbind status effects.]
    Yeah. Considering that you are not using other adventurers is a nice achievement (Baha requires a lv20 team of adventurers, no more than 25 for casual players)
    Palpa's Mega Regen is good, but alone is kinda weak.

How long do you think is going to take you to clear the Pact(s?), before unlocking chapter 21?

4. Rydia

Medals:
    3,7 millions, should be 1 month or month and half at most, but is an alt not my main so im not going to take it as seriously so no idea :3 just casual playing

If i can do it with a totally free team im sure any noob can do it with better chars, im mot even looking the screen most of the time lol

Usually playing both accs at the same or chating or watching tv while playing so im sure any noob can equal the single neurone im putting on it xD

I only put attention to things like levi xD

Only clearing first pact. Then i get my 100l units and can advance

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  5. Rydia

Medals:
    Oh about the EFFICIENCY i was doing pudding 2 bc too lazy for 1, pudding 2 is the worse for ores, i was still getting at least 1 ore per run, 2 sometimes and 3 ores while farming the pudding king so i would say is prett efficient, just do the math :3

Not as fun as doing it in coop with my SLAVE

Edit: I need to farm 3,6 M to finish POFoF if i dont clear chapter 20.

I can get 400k per week by buying and selling the MM^^ from TP.

I should get about 600k from CC3 during the weekends if i farm it without wasting too much stamina, thats 1M per week. So 1 month to clear POFoF only from those source of coins :3

Should be doable earlier if i was hard grinding but i dont think im doing that. It could also take longer if I go all lazy :3 we will see.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  6. Rydia

Medals:
    Login day 6.

- Finished chapter 18 last night. I finally unlocked hunting zone 3 so next weekend I can start farming CC.
    - Farmed some animata from Spinetrich II and bought the Silver Wing from TP. Gave it the only MM^^ to it to get the frequency boostead a little.
    - With my new Silver wing I was able to beat Bahamut Evolved. Got the job item for levi at the second try.
    - Doing some metal zones to level Levi 2nd job and keep leveling my team. Selling all the MM i get from MZs for coins :3
    - Beated joker ^:^
    - Did a few artemis with my main (using a free team) of course 0 OII dropped but i got an Iron bow and Artemis Eidolon :3
    - No ice wands from Levi yet I want to get some to help me with Bahamut in the future.

7. CrimsonStar1213

CrimsonStar1213 Member

Sounds great! I strongly congratulate you for your progress and achievements. Keep going! (even though you may find difficulty at some point) :rolleyes:

Rydia likes this.
  8. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Rydia is an hardcore player, she knows what she's doing :3

Rydia likes this.
  9. Rydia

Medals:

Thank you!!! Im confident I can clear a lot of stuff with this tiny pretty alt :3

Yes.....yes...I totally...do!!!!!!! SURE!!!!!! hahahaha

(nervous laugh)

10. Rydia

Medals:
    Login day 6. Part two.1

Silver and me did some Eidolons runs, we carried the happy alt with our main accounts. For the carry we only used farmable units (POF chars) and otomos (betwiching bow, holy dragon, healing rod...). The runs werent the easier runs but we had a lot of fun doing them :3

As a result I got KO/Artemis and Phoenix in their 1st form, some OII that i sold for coins (<3) and a bunch of useful companions including 2 KO, 1 healing rod (and 3 wands), 1 silver bow and 2 shadowy rods and a few of lower companions.

:3

Coins to complete POFoF: 3,6 M.

Items I need to complete POFoF + BLO + Recode Dracorin (after recruiting him for SB manually) Not including Levi 2nd job bc i already have it or Seyriu 3rd job bc i cant get the hearwood wand.

Dont have all yet:

Deepwater 1
    White Hole 1
    Gugnir 2
    Excalibur 1
    Animaton 9
    Warped Particle 3
    Sea Tears 3
    Serenity Shoot 90
    Wisdom Flower 90
    Terra swordsteel 45

Already have all:

Oxecium 9
    Orichalcum 9
    Dark Matter 6
    Wish Particle 3
    Lore Particle 3
    Spirit Tears 3

Rainbow Tears 3
    Dark Ring 30
    Lightning Ring 15
    Green Ring 15
    Ice Ring 15

Fire Ring 30
    Mangled Horn 15
    Terra Spearbronze 45
    Terra bowstring 35

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  11. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Almost reached the boring part, where you just farm coins and do nothing.
    The worst part will be Chaos with only PoF units, really a boring way to "level up" xD

If only you started a bit earlier you could have took (a better?) advantage of CC3 Half Stamina, but now it will take you a couple of weeks more to get so many coins. OII from Eidolons certainly help but it still takes time, hope that you'll have someone willing to run Valky with you this week. (also, is a way to get some Animaton, cross your fingers :3 )

By the way, this "Chapter 20" thing is only until you got a L100 team, after getting one you'll continue the story, right? I mean, you need to progress to the late chapters to recode Suoh and company anyway, I'm just wondering if you want to get them ready ASAP or aiming to clear everything only in a second monent.

12. Rydia

Medals:
    Yes but well i still have the TP weekly farming that is still challenging to me and also Baha and Odin so I have some things to do meanwhile farming coins. Thats until next event shows up :3

Yeah I couldnt run CC3 in arena <.< I was too much of a baby, I dont think is really worth to enter in coin creeps until I have my whole team leveled so Im working on that atm. Probably Animaton is the only thing i really will need to farm since I didnt got enough from puddings, the other tears/particles im only missing one unit. Hopefully I will be able to get some from TP but since they were there last week ill have to wait a few weeks for that (same for white hole)

And yes I hope I can find someone that is crazy enough to want to free team eidolons with little cute me ^:^

Yes, only until I get the 3,5 M to "finish POFoF first time since that will give me the 3 units I need with 100L (seyriu only with 2 jobs but bleh), then I can just farm Dracorin in 2.3? 2.5? (I dont remember now and I dont want to check) to get his SB up and recode him (need to buy White Hole and Deep from TP before that)

With that 4 units at 100L getting coins from Kinos will be way easier so then I can advance story and start to farm the rest of the mats/coins for real-finishing POFoF and do POF.

Not going to stay in chapter 20 for the whole 2 pacts. Is not worth. Is only worth now bc getting my first 100L units is going to speed up the coin farm a lot, so the earlier I get them the better, even if it implies some sacrifice, once I have them no need to keep holding on the story.

Carry free team for Chaos3. Need to test it tomorrow :3
    Be sure to put buff to dragons skill in Sei. Slot order is important.

P1 Whatever 4 units
    P2 Invi^ (HolyZ) Levi^ (HolyZ) Baha^ (HolyZ) Lich (HolyZ)
    P3 Baha^ (PDZ) Levi^ (PDZ) Invi^ (HolyZ) Sei^ (HolyZ)

Edit: Just tested twice with Silver with the right team. Worked like a charm.

Need to do future tests:

- Removing HolyZ from Lich from P1 (to put a PDZ there in case P3 has only 1)
    - Removing HolyZ from Invi from P1 (in case P3 has only 1 HolyZ)
    - More tests for turn 1 damage on the double pincer

- 3,014 M to finish POFoF

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  13. CrimsonStar1213

CrimsonStar1213 Member

so

how are things goin' for you?

14. Rydia

Medals:
    Hi!!!!

Yesterday was a good day, we were farming eidolons to get more companions and specially chaos 3 to get some nice xp for my units

I can finally say everything is leveled at least to 65 in all jobs!!!!!! Yay!!! Also 3rd job is at least 70 in each unit.

Currently farming some bahamut to get some fire wands/rods to help me to beat levi 3 more easily (since I have 0 fire characters)

Also with the money I got I pulled Sheena!!!!!!!!!!! First POF unit!!!

Of course she needs Animatons for her first Job to be unlocked <.<! So Ill farm some pudding time 1 to get the 2 I need!

Unfortunately something horrible happened last night...........(misterious music).......

When I was hosting some chaos the person that joined brough POT units <.< I didnt notice until it was too late and I didnt wanted to waste the stamina, it was Chaos I and my team was more than enough to kill him so i just didnt use those POT units during the run. I still feel a little dirty bc I was trying hard to not use/coop with anyone using energy units. But was 1 time honest mistake so I'll just act like it never happened.

My poor account <.<

Login Day 8: 2,7 M to finish POFoF!! ^_______^

Got all my animatons from pudding time, it really has an amazing drop rate.

15. Rydia

Medals:
    Some thoughs about stopping the story before clearing Chapter 20.1

In the old good times some people stopped advancing story after finishing chapter 19 with the objective of not unlock part of the monsters and help to clear POF faster (you need to clear at least chapter 18 so you can unlock Coin Creeps 3 in the map). I must say I never did this myself because I always though it was going to be...well...annoying

But this time and after reading one user was going to do it, I decided to do one exception and try this myself since my alt has no characters and I really want to get the POF units as soon as possible....because well...I dont have chars LOL. Only until I "clear POFoF" first time

Ill explain the advantages and disadvantages of doing this:

Advantages:

- Since you dont unlock a good amount of monsters you will save about 1M coins.

To clear POFoF you need about 4,5 M + 200k to unlock the characters jobs, so about 4,7 M. Saving 1 M coins will save you some time. But how much?
    Each week in TP you can buy 20 MM^^ that can be sold for a total amount of 400k. Each MM^^ cost 2000 animata items. So if you are able to farm animata items in the 3rd stage each MM^^=60 stamina= 40 hours of stamina total. If you farm in the 2nd stage each MM^^=80 stamina= 54 hours of stamina total. So lets say 2-3 days of stamina to farm the minions from TP would grant you 400k.
    How much money we can get from CC3. Each run of CC3= 8k (not counting bonus like lucky coin, coin boost....etc). If you use 20 hours of your stamina daily (we are going to consider you lose 4 hours per day bc sleep) you can do 720k coins each weekend of 3 days.
    That means that at least you will be doing 1M per week. Most likely you would be doing more than that, but that depends on how hardcore you are going with the coin farming. So to complete POFoF first time you would need 4-5 weeks if you dont stop at chapter 20, or 3-4 weeks if you do. You can save 1 week or even less.

- Once you get your first 100L units your coin farming will be faster and more effcient.

After you get your first 100L units you can use them to get some extra coins sources if you use a 80/100L team.
    -Free OII and OI that drop from 80/100L chest in Kinos/8Bit
    -Free OII,recruitment and items if you clear daily quests with your 100L team (I do all the dailies with 100L units except the Lucky orbling one, for obvious reasons)
    -Free recruitments for POF (not for POFoF) when doing story stages. That means that for the monsters farmed between stages 1 and 5 (1 stamina cost) would be a good idea to just run the stages over and over to get those monsters and some metal minions that can be also be sold for coins.

Disadvantages.

- Smaller stamina bar.

This is for me the main disadvantage. Meanwhile an account that has finished story can have a stamina bar of 150, mine is about 90. That means that it gets filled each 3 hours, which is REALLY annoying, I lose a lot of stamina every night while sleeping and you really need to put a lot of attention during the day so you dont keep losing it. Just for this reason I already considered not worth to stop that early.

- Unable to access Map Metal Zones over MZ4.

That means you can level your characters up to level 50. After that level you will need to use Metal Tickets in MZ5 in arena to level your chars to 60. Now from 60 to 90 you either have to wait for a MZ event in arena or do (as i did) in normal stages/eidolons. Since I cant even use "good" stages like 20.1 or 34.10 the best place to get that XP is hosting Chaos 3 and getting people with 2 PDZ dragons join you. This is again, extremely annoying, specially with this little stamina bar, you can do only 3 runs each time and you need to find people each time. But is the best place to level in this case.

- Unable to farm many materials.

This is not as much a problem because at this point of the game you probably wont want to recode anyone until you finish the pacts but is still a disadvantage.

- Unable to unlock Seiryu job3.

Since you cant farm Heartwood Wand because is located in 22-5 you wont be able to unlock Seiryu 3rd job until you proceed further in the story. That means you cant get the free leveling from POFoF and you will have to level him manually later.

- Can do weekly challenges of the higher stages you havent unlocked

So you will be losing a potential source of energy/mats, in case you would be able to clear that on time of course.

Conclusion

After testing it myself and putting all together I can say that its really stressful and I totally not recomend doing this that way. If you are really desperate and have good organization skills together with a free schedule, then you might want to do it (as im doing) but in most cases I dont recomend it. Is just not worth, the little advantage you get (clearing it a little faster) is not really worth for all the stress and extra work it will imply.

Ill try to keep going until the end. Fortunately I have a main account that I can use to help myself to finish this hell earlier and I'm a hardcore player that has a schedule free enough to allow not lose much stamina even with the little stamina bar, but If someone else asked me about this, yeah, I dont recommend doing it xD. I will finish 1 week earlier (at most, probably not even saving that amount of time) but the price to pay for that is IMO, too high

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  16. Rydia

Medals:
    So finally got Levi 3rd job

I used Bahl OIII in bahl, 1 healing rod in dracorin, 1 silver wing in ami and 3 inferno rods in the rest. Levi killed dracorin and bahl with the icicle but the other guys survived (i was lucky and could do a triple pincer before for extra mdef buff stack) so i could kill her and she dropped her job item 1st try

This is my box now ^:^

[​IMG]

2,4 M to finish POFof!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Rydia

Medals:
    Login day 10!!!

TP and arena changing!!!

After some Spinetrich II farming I was able to buy Silver wing, Infernal Shield, 1 Deepwater Helix (for my future Dracorin recode) 1 Sea Tears, 3 Warped particles (enough Warped for both POFoF and POF) and all the XP boost. :love::love::love:

I also pulled Seyriu^ with coins ^:^, not that is very useful sitting at level 1 but well. I have him for emergencies?

This week features a lot of interesting stuff and objetives I want to cover:

- Weekend stars in a few hours YAY!!! that means a lot of Coin Creep farming for my POFoF.

- After weekend finish.....Coin Creeps at half stamina in Arena!!! O.O!!! Moar coin farming and even better!!!! :love::love::love:I should be able to finish POFoF next week if I farm a lot!!!! :surprised:

- Odin in Arena!!. I dont think I can do Odin Ultra with my current units but I can give it a try or wait until the end of the week to see if I can pull and use some of new POF units. :question:

-Tiamat in arena. I want to get at least 1 to recode my POF adventurers.

Trading Post items:

- The new companions this week arent exactly awesome. Staff of Chaos and Dusky shield. Ill try to buy at least the Staff since a cross shadow can be useful. The shield isnt that awesome but if I can farm some extra TP ill buy it aswell.

- White hole. THIS IS perfect!!! I just needed a White Hole to recode Dracorin once I farm his Luck/SB and I cant farm it because I didnt unlock the stage. Thank you again Mr MW!!! :love::love::love: First the Silver Wing that saved my life in Levi, then CC in arena and now my White Hole!!!! giving me what i need each week!!! YES!!!! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

- Fellowship Tickets!!!!!!!!!!!! More coins for more pulls!!!

So this TP is really really bad for long term players but pretty awesome for me :D

18. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Gotta say it's really fun looking at the positivity of this journal. I've been so bored that lately all I'm doing is collecting login bonuses.

Rydia likes this.
  19. Jirokichi

Jirokichi Well-Known Member

Medals:
    This sounds like TB hard mode xDDD However, it's very refreshing, and I wanna see how far you can get Ryd! Good luck! :D

20. Rydia

Medals:
    I'm happy you are enjoying it!!! I'm having fun with this new account and I think this is reflexed in how i talk about it in the post :D

Sometimes if you are bored you have to either take it easy as you are doing or think new ways to have fun with the game ^:^

In my case I like doing guides, helping the community or testing stuff so I always have different and interesting things to do, if at some point I get bored I just take my time. I always try to enjoy TB :3

Actually is kind of refreshing, I dont have a lot of units to worry about so the grinding is way more light than in a normal account (less units to level, unlock job and that)

I also hope the collabs and the companions (I think Ill have to farm and build a lot of these) are going to be much more interesting for me in this account since any new units/companions provided can be esential to clear content.

Same for the items sold in the Trading Post. What is trash for many players can make a huge difference in this little account, so I'm really happy to be able to experience this other side of the game, gives me a more complete view of it :3

Enjoying the freebies here and the OP units in my main!! Perfect balance!!! :love::love::love:

Plus... I dont have to SB here!!!! Maybe LB my main units (Bahl,Bagunnar,Palpa,Amisandra) but I can do it little by little :D

Login Day 11

What I have been doing last days?

I wanted to buy the stuff from the TP before starting with the CC farming, I saw the options in arena were:

- Golem --> I have no bows
    - Tiamat --> I have 1 ice unit and 1 ice otomo (I have 3 inferno rods but not fire guys)
    - Lich --> Dark guy

Despite having 3 stages Lich looked like the best option so I told myself "Ey what if i farm some lightning rods in Rajin so I can farm this guy" :question:

..... such a naive me :disappointed:

With the help of @Juicy from the forum and making use of our awesome seyrius armed with AxionZ and my alt cheering everyone with ami/palpa (or levi) and some healing rods/wards we were able to get 5 lightning rods.
    :love:
    With pain in my heart I used some MM^ and OII to level the rods....."well...yes is some investiment here but it will be worth!!!"

Finally prepared I entered Lich III full of hope!! I was going to kick his dead ass with my new lightning team.

And I did...........until he slept my whole party...........:upset::upset::upset::upset:

"Ok...I should have checked this before trying...but not problem Im sure Lich II will be easier........"

...........:worry::worry::worry::worry:.....

Slept again.

Out of rage entered a Golem II after putting my single Silver bow in Bahl and anothe C bow in dracorin (not leveled bc of course i had no more OII or MM Z.Z)...

"Ey this is easy!!!!!!!!!" :love::love:

And yes, I have been farming my TP in Golem II. So far I have bought the Staff and the fellowship tickets. I want to buy the White Hole so I can recode my dracorin soon after finish POFoF.

I beated Odin Descended and Evolved without troubles and now I'm waiting to try the 3rd stage, because if I can get some adventurers of POFoF during this week this could make it way easier to beat.

So will probably spend rest of the weekened just farming Coin Creeps and some TP to get the white hole :D

And thats all for now!!!!!!!!! Ill keep updating my progress during the week :D

This week is going to be a little boring but after I'm done things should ge much easier for me :3:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Oh I also forgot to mention I pulled Seyriu^ and Camellia from POF. I need to farm some materias for job unlocking Including another gugnir for Suoh, but I'm waiting for DD to do that ^^

What Im missing to finish POFoF:

-2,110,000 Coins more to finish POFoF :D
    -Gugnir 0/1
    -Serenity Shoot 51/60
    -Wisdom Flower 8/60
    -Terra swordsteel 17/30

Farm 1 Tiamat

Updated: I beated Odin Ultra and got the Rune first try with my regular team, this was much much easier than Levi ^:^. Boss fight was a little slow but did it without many issues ^__^.

[​IMG]

Update: Login Day 13.

Farming Coins all weekend.
    Farmed some Tin Parade for terra swordsteel and some Puppet 3 for wisdom flowers.

Got Velraine!!! Unlocked her jobs ^^ Need to level her in MZs ^:^

- 1,814,000 Coins more to finish POFoF :D. Half stamina event just started in arena so it should be possible to finish this during next 4 days :3
    - Gugnir 0/1 --> DD is in a couple days so Ill wait for it to get farm it.
    - Farm 1 Tiamat --> Im hoping to get 1 100L team before Tiamat dissapear of arena so I can farm level 1 stage to get him? her? :3

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Inept Negotiator likes this.