Not new, but hi anyway

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Screwattack94, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Screwattack94

Screwattack94 Active Member

Two years passed since I last logged in, so I just wanted to say hi again.

The upcomming TB2 manged to reignite my interest. But this time I will not overdo it and burn out (who am I kidding, I am going to overdo it).

I wonder if someone still remembers me.

SmilyT1 and Rydia like this.
  2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Wow, one hour and nobody still welcomed you back? Let me do the honors then!

Welcome back to TBF! :love:

As long as you're willing to play Terra Battle, even once a week, or want to chat with us from time to time know that you're always the welcome here;
    With TB2 coming out the forum will look better, and more guides and intresting threads will be started, so I suppose you'll have something to do very soon ;)

In case you're still interested in TB1 remember that we're always happy to help both new and old players to catch up with the lastest updates, and our Forum's Index of Guides will help you to find what you need in no time.

Shin'en, Companion Tickets, Trading Post, Luck and more interesting content will keep you busy for weeks, so keep into consideration to jump back in TB1 one day... of course I don't see anything wrong if you'd like to focus all your Energy on the upcoming TB2 :D

Again, happy to have you again with us,
    see you around :greet:

3. Tealius

Tealius The Magic Mint Mod

I remember you! Welcome back, and I know the feeling since I also left but came back for the TB2 hype.

4. Screwattack94

Thanks Mitsuki :)
    I probably wont return to TB1 since I gave my acc away.

Hey Tealius, nice to see that you are still here :)
    How is your Forum RPG going?

5. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    If needed, we have a lot of accounts to give away on the thread [Redeem] Strong Accounts for New Players; lately both me and Rydia have been very busy and it still doesn't list several accounts with Z and SS class units, but if needed we can give you a good starting account.

Without spending Energies on new units, Rydia showed that is possible to clear one of those pact with coins (and get more SS/Z like Suoh, Seiryu and so on) in a couple of weeks. With some dedication and the help of the community it will take you no time to reach (or even pass) the level you were with your old main ;)

Anyway, I am just saying. I know that it might be painful coming back without all the units you worked hard on, and that a fresh start on TB2 will still give you a good time with a friendly community <3

6. Tealius

Tealius The Magic Mint Mod

lol ded. but my is still strong, and I'm secretly working on it on a hidden wikia.

7. Screwattack94

Thanks Mitsuki, but I'm realy done with TB ^^
    Time for a fresh start with TB2.

A secret wiki sounds interesting Tealius, count me in if anything should ever happen :)

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  8. SmilyT1

SmilyT1 Member

Welcome back to the dungeon

9. twani

twani Member

Welcome Screwattack,
    I'm in the same situation that you. I left TB more than one year ago because I lost my account and I have big hope for TB2
    Happy to be back on the forum

Rydia and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  10. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Welcome back to the two of you ^^

We hope to see you around :D

11. Claywtf

Claywtf Active Member

Rydia is an experienced player. Impossible for a newbie to do the same in a couple of weeks, especially without external help.

12. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    He didnt said he have to do it in a couple weeks, only that would be fast. And he literally said with the help of the community.

13. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean that it is possible for anyone to clear the pacts in just a couple of weeks, I just wanted to underline how easy it has become compared to the last year(s); even with the help from the community it will take some time, but what we were able to do alone during a weekend of Coin Creeps 3, now can be done in a mere afternoon (if not less) in Valkyrie I ;)

It still requires dedication, but now clearing a pact offers way more advantages and is way less time consuming, as "Negotiator units" are not considered "essential" anymore and there are more ways to farm a big amount of coins.

[/OT]

14. Claywtf

Claywtf Active Member

I did not intend to sound rude, I´m just saying that Rydia´s approach of not using energy at all still takes a lot of experience, especially when clearing the high end comtent. So for a newbie, I think it is always better to spend energy on new units in the hope of getting really good ones. Also, not every newbie has access to a reliable partner for co-op. Even in this forum, newbies have it hard finding someone for co-op as they only have bad units and for the most part dont know what they are doing.

15. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Sorry again if I sounded bad, I didn't mean it >.<

You didn't give me the impression of being rude, don't worry, but as we are talking of old players we can assume that few small sessions of farming wouldn't be that traumatic for them; as you said people with "bad" (low level/SB/Luck) units need a partner, and as lately it has been slightly harder for everybody to find someone to coop with it could take a little of time more, but overall as many here have an account strong enough to one-turn most of the challenges available and that, again, we're talking of people who have already played TB in the past I think that it wouldn't be that hard for them to follow some easy patterns while getting carried from time to time to make the process of reaching their old "position" again in a smaller time ;)

My mention to Rydia's "No Energy"-account wasn't mean to be an example to follow, just a demostration on how it is possible to achieve some good results (like clearing at least one pact in less than one month without Negotiators, while once it required at least one NegPro and a month of work) even without strong units with fancy skills like Treasure Hunter, Negotiator, and DMG x1.5: she also recently showed that is possible to beat Shin'en, one of the super-bosses from the end game without rare units like S'naip Λ or Grand Peta (Z class) companions, one more point to substain what I actually meant, that TB can be fun and rewarding even if you don't have enough luck to pull any strong or rare unit <3

Anyway, as the OP expressly said that he isn't interested in coming back playing TB1 I suppose that it doesn't matter that clearing a "Coin Pact" has became way easier xD

Claywtf and Rydia like this.
  16. Screwattack94

Nice to know that clearing POF got easier :)

But I think another round of 6-8 would be traumatic :|

I wonder if it would be frowned upon to automatise some grinding in TB2. Not a full bot, just a prerecorded sequence of Taps. I am staring at 60h weeks for the next 3 years, because I went back to school while working full time. Outsourcing the realy mindless grind would be nice.

17. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Some games (MMO mainly) implements an automated mechanism for giving to the player some sense of progression while not getting rid of the boring parts that usually include dozen of hours of grinding and farming, but this isn't the case of TB; TB2 in particular will be even more randomized, as the story stages will require you to move through a map, fighting enemies while proceeding (in case you didn't see the trailers, you find several screens on the Events forum, look for the 'BAR Hiso Alien' and 'Broad of the Mist' threads).

I find TB a game not intended to be played hardcorely, in fact besides few stages in TB1 there's no need for a 100% SB team, or with only photon/moon (new attributes) units, so I don't think that you should be worried by this. During the first months in particular we shouldn't have events like "The Lost Story" or "Mobius Final Fantasy", hard to clear for the novices and that God only knows when they'd come back, so I think is fine if you progress slowly ;)

A community makes everything easier by sharing strategies and lending characters, I'm afraid that's "all the help" you can get; the speed of the animation has been increased tho, and AoE allows to get rig of the big quantity of enemies (=> more EXP) you'll fight easily so again I guess is better than nothing :happy:

Know this: if we'll be able to do something for you, we'll help you. We don't leave our fellow adventurers behind ;)

18. Screwattack94

Thanks for the info, but the automatisation would be focused on things similar to 6-8 ticket grinding or 1-4sb grinding. If something like this isn't in the game, perfect. If it is, I would prerecord a round with an autoclicker and press repeat.

19. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    No, this would be considered just mere botting, and would go against both the Terra Battle Terms of Service and the TerraBattleForum rules, as they state clearly that this behaviour isn't tolerated.

SB grinding isn't the way TB should be played, and to obviate to the users' needs TB1 already added more ways to farm Metal Tickets.

Screwattack94 likes this.
  20. Screwattack94

Oh that's good to know. Thanks.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.