[Offer] Buying strategy book (Yuria character) for multiple people

Discussion in 'General' started by Kivanc, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Important: Thanks for all the interest. We already have ~12 people who will be sharing the cost and from this point on the cost does not go much lower. I will be finalizing this offer tomorrow night (Wednesday, 18th February, 11:59 PM, PST)

Hi everyone,

I would like to get the strategy book as a collectable item for myself. I would assume that there might be others in the USA that wants this, too.

It turns out that Amazon.jp charges a 1-time high shipping cost and then a fixed smaller shipping cost for each additional item. For example, if I order:
    • 1 book, I pay 10.51$
    • 2 books, I pay 14.01$
    • 3 books, 1 pay 17.51$
    for shipping. As you can see, there is a 3.5$ fixed fee for each book and 7$ initial one-time fee.

So, here is my offer: I will wait for approximately a week to see if people are interested in sharing the shipping cost. I offer to buy all books and get them shipped to my home address at the end of the period after receiving the final price from each person. I am not asking for anything extra, I will just ask you to pay:
    • 13.13$ (for the book)
    • 7$ / <number of people that are interested> (shared initial shipping cost)
    • 3.5$ (shipping cost per book)
    In other words, e.g., if there are a total of 7 people at the end, you expect to pay: 13.3$ + 1$ + 3.5$ = 17.8$ in total. Please note that this is the final amount I need to receive. Depending on the way we collect the payments, there might be additional fees for the transfer. For example, PayPal does not charge for bank account and PayPal credit transfers, however them are charging additional for credit card transfers (approximately 1$ for our approximate final cost)
    - Note that all prices are approximate since Amazon exchanges Yen into $, which I have no power to control :)

If you join the offer so far, you are guaranteed to receive a working code for the new and lovely Yuria-chan!

There is a second part of the offer, if you want to go an extra mile. If you live in USA and would like to also receive the physical book as collectible, I offer to ship that book after I receive the whole shipment myself. For this, I ask for the amount that I will be charged by USPS again, nothing more. I don't know what this value is, but I am sure that we can approximate (or I can ask for it). So, if you are willing to go a little further, you might get the physical book around ~20$ (or so) (basically a few bucks lower compared to if you would offer it from Amazon.jp yourself --- which would be 23.63$).

If you are interested, please send a PM to me. If you have any questions (or see a problem with my logic), feel free to leave a comment.

Thanks,

Update: for payment, I accept the following
    • Amazon.com gift card.
    • PayPal money transfer. The amount I receive should be the final shared amount (not the amount you transfer if there are additional fees)
    PS: It turns out that there is strike on west coast. I live in west coast so there might be delays for receiving the books, just a heads up.
    PS 2: According to a few friends, in-US shipment should cost 3-5$ with priority shipping, depending on whether they consider the book as "media" or not.
    PS 3: Please note that the offers are separate. It is totally fine if you just want the code. I will keep the book myself and send you the code electronically. You won't need to pay for in-US shipment cost in this case, just the shared Amazon.com shipment cost.
    PS4: Please note that the current amount is an approximation. I might have missed some of the fees. I can assure you that I will NOT take a single penny extra; as I am just looking for to share the shipment cost, especially for the people who are interested in the physical book.
    PS5: I am evaluating options to receive payment from people. One strong candidate is PayPal. According to PayPal, there are no fees for sending or receiving money between friends (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ690&m=HTQ) if this is done through a bank account or as PayPal credits. For credit card transfers, they seem to charge a small account (around 1$ for the predicted amount).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    fo shizzle my nizzle likes this.
  2. Pacatus

Pacatus New Member

I just want the code, count me in and you can resale the book

3. Arbitrary

Arbitrary Well-Known Member

Medals:
    I would have been interested, but with the Canadian dollar worth 0.8 the US right now, it would be even more than what you're estimating ;_; I'll probably just ask vagou to hand over a code from Japan and forget the book. I'd probably have gone for your offer if our dollar wasn't so bad right now though x_x;...

4. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

I won't. Your book will just live with me forever :)

How is that different, I am not sure. If 7 people agree in this, the cost for the code only will become ~18$, which I believe is already lower than Vagou's price. You don't have to accept the second part of the offer. If you don't want the physical book, the book will stay at my house; I will send the code to you electronically :)

5. Arbitrary

Medals:
    I didn't see vagou's post, I assumed it'd be cheaper since no shipping. What's he offering? o-o;

6. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Ooppps, sorry about that! I thought that he was offering for 19$ for the code; a friend mentioned on another chat. Haven't seen myself neither. I don't want to mislead, apologies.

7. Arbitrary

Medals:
    If the price pans out to 18 or 19 dollars Canadian, it's still better to go with you so others can get the book, count me in.

8. Vagou

Vagou Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Nice move!
    Yes that's correct I charge that amount but I haven't made a dedicated post. The magazine is a bit more expensive though, more like 14.5 usd due to extra bank fees & their unfavorable exchange rate. I also need to bear paypal cost & exchange fees.
    I guess my offer is better for people who wants the code first hand.

9. Timmy

Timmy Member

How do I end up paying? Im new to this and that character looks cool...

Do I pay a website with a credit card? I never bought a thing so far in this game and probably its time for me to chip in to the developers.

10. Screwattack94

Screwattack94 Active Member

Anyone out there willing to do the same thing for Europe?

xAobax likes this.
  11. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Can you send a PM (so that I remember), please? You can mention that you are willing to be part of it if the final price is around the value you are willing to pay :)
    (You already did, nevermind :D)

Thanks Vagou. I really wanted the physical thing myself, otherwise I would have bought it from you! So, this is again for people supporting the physical buyers in the USA and/or want the physical book. What is the paypal cost? I might have completely forgot about that :D

I am thinking about collecting the money through Paypal (which is the most convenient, I believe) and then buying it using my credit card. Will have to check hidden Paypal fees though :D

Would be nice, I agree :D

12. zethes

zethes Member

Hello everyone,
    I am interested in the physical book and code.
    Do you have any advice for me to buy this book in France?

13. Lightwalker

Lightwalker Well-Known Member

So, the book won't be available in stores here in Japan?

14. Vagou

Vagou Well-Known Member

Medals:
    It will be available in Japan of course, I'm just offering to buy for people outside Japan.

15. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

I guess you could pioneer something like I did to see whether there is enough interest in Europe or not. I don't know how much postal costs within Europe though. If it will take more than 3-5 Euros to post from France to another Europe country (e.g., Germany), I doubt that it will be worth sharing the shipment cost.

16. Screwattack94

Screwattack94 Active Member

A quick check tells me that the cost is around 15€ or more. (outchie)
    Just for Westgermany to Paris, seems to be a bad idea :(.
    I will probably go with Vagous offer.

17. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

Hmm I'm interested and only want the code. So that's 17.8$ correct?
    And how much is vagou offering?

Also do you have a link to the Amazon page selling the magazine?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  18. Ginnoji

Ginnoji Active Member

19. Lightwalker

Lightwalker Well-Known Member

whew! You had me afraid there for a minute...

20. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

Anyone know the shipping cost to UK?
    And is anyone doing a similar thing like kivanc in UK?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.