[Official] 1.5M Downloads Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Kivanc, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

2. Arthuria

Arthuria Active Member

I hope that we can have new jobs or go to level 70
    Future levels will necessarily be harder, so I don't see how it could n' be otherwise

3. OlanDurai

OlanDurai New Member

All I care is that its Matsuno, easily my favorite game director and writer, so I'm just looking forward to the added story.

4. selenta

selenta New Member

I'm hoping for a couple things, personally (not expecting to get all of them, but the more the better!):
    1. A reason to use characters other than the strongest ones. Everyone knows the S'naip, Ma'curi, and Bahl rock the charts, and the SS mages seem to either be broken or useless.
    2. A reason to use Monsters, like, ever (except the 3-4 that people currently use).
    3. Enemies that target problem units (but can only move X spaces, or it would be stupid). I.e. The enemy is full of Dark units with Poison, so they prioritize attacking units who are Lightning or have Antidote.
    Oh man, I used to have a much longer list... I just can't think of any others right now :oops:

5. twani

twani Member

That's the milestone I was really waiting for!!!
    I know they won't release the new story soon with co-op just out and all the adjustements they will have to do to it, but the game keeps evolving and pretty fast actually so GAMBATTE terra Battle team!!!

6. Nomad67

Nomad67 Member

This is the first time I've ever seem someone describe the SS mages as broken or useless. Could you elaborate as to why you feel that class doesn't work well with the game mechanics?

7. JSho

JSho Member

They are either amazing (by broken he means overpowered) or the boss/mob has such high magic resist they are useless. Not a big deal in my opinion though, no one character should be used for everything.

selenta and Nomad67 like this.
  8. cymagus

cymagus New Member

This. One thing I like about the MW design philosophy is they've designed dungeons around super powerful characters in ways that minimize the strengths of (most of) those characters. Of course the flipside, which I dislike, is that you can randomly get screwed if you didn't roll the right units. For Leviathan, for example, I had (and have) no fire capsule generators what-so-ever and didn't roll Grace (got her much later). The result was basically that I had to hope R. Starwhip worked or just bite it an use energy after Icicle. I got my drops + promotions, but I either felt dirty (starwhip) or wasteful. Still beats easy mode main story boss type encounters, though.

I suspect they're going to create some particularly serious balance issues once the Vs. mode comes out unless there are specific nerfs/protections baked in.

Nomad67 likes this.
  9. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    I wonder if Matsuno will contribute more than just a scenario. Like will he also bring up new types of enemies or special mechanics?

10. Volpe

Volpe Member

Gimme my friends list already ; ____ ;

11. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:

Really loved this one

Pandemon and Ether like this.
  12. Ether

Ether Active Member

Woah, the song sounds amazing !
    Typical Shimomura style, it really reminds me of the KH series.
    Love it !