[Official] 2015.01.22 Co-op Artemis & Chaos Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Co-Op Mode & Friend Finder' started by Kivanc, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Moto

Moto Active Member

Had a treasure drop from Artemis on Artemis II in hopes of getting the 6th Knight of Bows and instead I got an Oxscecium.... ugh. On the bright side, something drops power ups (got an exp booster) from the encounter.

2. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Each Eidolon upgrade needs multiple kind of new items.
    Each one of the 6 bosses can drop only one kind of those items.

Here are the drop rates for all the bosses/items.
    Aside from this special item, all 6 bosses can drop a random Ore, with 10% chance. So if you are lucky, a boss can drop 2 items. Or no item at all if you need more luck.

As I do not have the time to check the item name now, I am using the items provided by @Raijinili. Many thanks to him for summing it up:
    - Artemis I: The Emperor (30%)
    - Artemis II: Knight of Bows (40%)
    - Artemis III: Celestial Bow (80%)
    - Chaos I: The Hierophant (30%)
    - Chaos II: The Tower (40%)
    - Chaos III: Codex Runicus (80%)

Kivanc likes this.
  3. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Copied item drop details to the first post, thanks @Tharos!

4. Emulator

Emulator New Member

For Artemis 1 and 2, I use job 2 Amimari, job 3 Olber (Spear, I know, but he has Evasive Arts Chain, Defense Capsules, and Heal), and job 3 Korin; Artemis 3, I switch up Olber to either job 1 or job 2, usually job 1, since job 3's Self Sacrifice kills him in 1-2 turns, while sticking with Amimari job 2 and changing Korin to an Eileen for the Levitate, Panacea, and Healing Dance, but also because my Gatz isn't on par just yet. You could change Olber instead of Korin for Artemis 3 since it might be more beneficial, but I've never tried it; I like Capsules. :)

Also, side note, applying to those joining Artemis rooms: make sure your slot 1 is allocated to the character you least care about because if you're locked in as player 3, then what the bear mob sometimes does is shoot your 1st character, moving it two spaces to the right (sometimes only one space which wouldn't cause this next thing), which then Artemis would follow up with moving left, then down, pushing that 1st character to a locked position under it, between two other mobs, more than often, inevitably causing it to die. This wouldn't be a problem if players 1 and 2 would either pincer with that unit (if that unit could heal/Defense Up) or use Heal All/Area characters preferably both turns to keep that unit healthy/tanky, which from experience doesn't happen as often as I would think.

5. Vogue

Vogue New Member

I'm leveling up my boy Gegonago, since he's incredibly swagged out. (Even though I have Ellvern)

Then I plan to try Artemis III with Zuzu, Sorman, and Gegonago. Does this team have a shot? Artemis two was really easy with this these guys. Just trying to get the whole team to lvl 65 first, is all.

Plan to do something similar with Chaos three, but add in Kana and maybe swap between Gegonago and Rikken.

6. Gate

Gate Member

getting hit hard by bad luck on trying to get the Dungeon I items.
    II and III are fine once you get the pattern rolling.

But I is just the least fun.
    Least levels, so skills aren't as plentiful, its basically just straight attacking, and enemy damage isn't high either so you don't really have to avoid much stuff either.

7. Raijinili

Raijinili Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Alternative: High defense high HP non-spear unit, especially with an Evasion Equip.
    Those three should be excellent. I can't think of a much better trio. If you're playing private (join Chat), your partners can add more damage instead of Levitation.

8. Moto

Moto Active Member

I REALLY wish people would stop trying to burst down Artemis III when the mobs haven't been dealt with. All the times I failed on Artemis III, one my allies goes out of his/her way to move units out off pincer attack on the enemies in order to try to attack her. What usually ends up happening is that the party wipes because the team doesn't have an antidote and the evasion chain isn't up on all characters and then she uses her poison arrows, breath attack, or the mobs finish people off because her poison (Venom All) is just so powerful on this level.

9. Raijinili

Medals:
    Bring three Heal All units. They will offset the venom by coincidence. :3

10. Moto

Moto Active Member

Believe me, people still manage to get our units killed even with regen, heal all, and evasion.

Edit*

Got my 3 Celestial Bows and I thought I'd share my experience with the encounter:

Essential Skills:

Sword Attacks, Levitate All, Evasion Chain or Evasion Arts Area, Heall All, Control Time Equip.

Useful Skills:

Control Time Chain, Antidote, Paralyze/Sleep/Confuse (I've seen these work on the mobs)

General Strategy:

Focus on trying to get rid of the mobs first, while keeping your units alive. There's two reasons for this. First, the bomber minion spawns irrespective if you've killed the other minions. I'm not so sure if it's time based or if it spawns when Artemis reaches 75% health. Second and more importantly, clearing the minions allows you to chain evasion and other buffs that will allow you to keep your party alive, and not to mention making things easier to move around the board.

Do not attack the boss with a particular weapon type when it has that weapon type as a barrier (e.g. sword barrier = don't attack with sword units) as it will heal.

Venom (all) seems to proc based on Artemis' HP. (50% and 25%, I believe) It's a powerful poison that roughly takes up 90-99% of your HP.

Evasion allows you to dodge the bomb explosions, aim and shot attacks, poison arrows, breath attacks, and all other attacks that this encounter can throw at your party witht he exception of Venom All.

Ally Support:

Always try to proc support units or units that can give evasion to other units from your allies. Identifying units that give levitation in the beginning is also important since it allows your group to move much more efficiently in the beginning. If your ally's unit is weakened, doesn't have evasion on it, and is being aimed or is beside Artemis after a shot, try to heal that unit or move it out of the way as she will use poison arrows.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  11. yamo

yamo Member

My gripe on level 2
    Chaos: move the unit to avoid mass darkness attack
    Artemis: kill the bear first. Don't attack her when she has the shield up with same weapon. Many times I see player one always go for a sword pincer on the first move when she has the sword pincer up

And of course for level 2 dungeons, heal heal heal. So many times no one heals....

12. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Who did you play with, seriously?
    - Anyone that is reasonable will move units to avoid Chaos' attack, unless the gain from an attack leaving the units on locked positions is higher than the damage/side-effect you will get from that attack.
    - Artemis: killing bear is not a problem, he casts sword shield like every 12 turns, which is way long to let you kill Artemis. Also, in my case, people only attacked artemis when she had a shield because of mixed teams (e.g., swords + bow) and even in that case there was one bow unit that healed artemis, so no biggie.
    - Healing: are you serious? Again, who are you playing with? :)

13. yamo

yamo Member

Public coop... Go figure

I just played with the two worst people. At least I didn't spend the stamina. Player one usually did only one pincer and didn't heal. Player two didn't fare much better...

I need to find private players which know how to play :(

14. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Yeah, public rooms are extremely random. However, as you said, you don't pay anything, so I lower my expectations when I enter into it.

We almost finished a public A3 fight. Myself and the host was quite good but the second person managed to mess everything up. I think second tier quests is the highest you can do reliably in public rooms.

15. nma099

nma099 Well-Known Member

I did almost all my co-op parties in public rooms, and even if the result is somehow random, I run with a lot of random skilled players.
    And the more you go up in difficulty, the better the players are generally.

The easiest run for Artemis 3 I did was with a team including Gegonago, so much Time Control after a few rounds, we just ruined the boss with perfect placements. It is maybe the best player to bring for this as he also has "Levitation all".
    There was a Bahl involved too, she destroyed the boss. My team was Sheena, Korin, Kuscah.

Two other noticeable runs:
    - Chaos 2 (or 3, not sure anymore) with only 2 teams, no Jennish. The third player quit just before the match. We defeated him successfully after a very long run. It was fun, my Chaos team isn't really good: Bagunar, Shberdan, Leviathan, Kana. I still need one drop from Chaos 3.
    - Artemis 2 with only 3 characters left, Sheena, Snaip, Kuscah. The third player fled when he saw that, just after giving back almost all life to the boss with the barrier... Too bad for him, we still managed to kill her and got the drop.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  16. Raijinili

Medals:
    Sword on turn 1 and 2 to Artemis is no problem. She absorbs it, bringing her from 0 damage to... 0 damage. You activate your buffs and heals. Net gain.

17. yamo

yamo Member

The feeling you get when you join a public coop and the only healer is the one on your team...

18. Moto

Moto Active Member

The worst feeling for me is an ally that only spends to 2s moving a unit from A to point B... every turn...

19. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

No the worst feeling is when you enter a game and the host is playing the game on "normal" speed... *shudder*

20. Moto

Moto Active Member

I just leave those games. The other.. I'm more torn and and undecided.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015