[Official] In-game data discussion thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Kivanc, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

Well, the number itself doesn't matter, but I do find it interesting that MDEF was chosen to be lower than DEF, which gives elemental characters a bigger boost in damage. Also, since it's not listed, is it a single pincer I assume? Double pincers or even double pincers over two turns tend to skew results even more.

2. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

The first column is single pincer. The second column is dual pincer (or single pincer back to back for future turns), the last column dual pincer back to back.

3. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

Maybe note that in the official post. I was wondering what those meant, and why certain columns are bolded.

4. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    Yeah Kivanc describes Steady Pincers in the second post. I was curious to see why Czekras was suddenly higher than Gugba, but then I realized the bolded number was based on the Steady Pincer as opposed to the Initial Pincer, and that the target's MDEF is lower than its DEF

5. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Yeah, as @Laura Lita mentioned, I did explain it, however in the second post. I see that people might not scroll that further. I did not want to modify the auto-generated post :(

6. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

Now I saw it.

And me being picky again, but it's debatable whether it should be included or not: Red Starwhip's MDEF down doesn't increase its own fire damage, nor does Ethereal's Debilitate skill. I won't argue for the Upi clan or Grace, since it depends on the target.

7. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

LOL, they are good points, not sure if we accounted for that or not.

There is a reason that there is WIP (Work in Progress) before the guide name, you know that? :p

8. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

Pfft. I don't read titles. I just read the content, and if there's questions, that's why we have the forums to talk and discuss about it!

Kivanc likes this.
  9. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

It should be a very interesting life you live. Every thread you open, you have no idea what it is about until you read most of it :D

10. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

People are usually pretty good at stating a thesis as their first sentence. Gotta love the newest posts function.

11. Neoteny

Neoteny Member

Lol that button is now broken due to astrologers and code beggers.

12. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Thanks to @jnalyz's excellent work, we know updated the DPS rankings guide to include restrictions for L25 and L45 characters (basically for the new co-op mode quests). Now, you can go to that thread and jump to the related post to see why Zuzu is OP at L25 and L45 :D

Enjoy!

13. Chev4

Chev4 Active Member

Who is Meylia?

14. Raijinili

Raijinili Well-Known Member

Medals:
  15. Abzy

Abzy New Member

But doesnt go through some kind of process before it ia officially changed?

16. Raijinili

Medals:
    Wiki edits are not reviewed before publish. They are reviewed after publish, but this depends on the number of people watching the page for edits, and whether they are knowledgeable enough to detect errors.

In practice, it works pretty well for most wiki pages. Random trolls need to:
    - be clever and subtle
    - be dedicated
    - avoid detection, or evade countermeasures
    to have a really harmful and widespread effect. People dedicated to fixing errors are more likely to stay than people dedicated to making them, so there will be more of them.

17. mysticscent

mysticscent New Member

Well for me, it takes around 8 minutes to everytime to reroll. Such a hassle and a waste of time for me so therefore I don't want to :(. But I really want to play the game with a good start so I'm stuck now :'(. Anyone know a best way to reroll without your phone being rooted?

18. Raijinili

Medals:
  19. jnalyz

jnalyz The Data Gatherer

Lower MDEF was chosen so that the strongest physical and magical attackers are both listed near the top of the chart, since their numbers can't be compared directly anyway.

Originally I was going to create separate charts for physical and magical, but that would've made characters that do both types of damage (like Samatha) look worse than they actually are, and basically the same information can be seen in the combined chart anyway. You might have to "filter out" certain characters depending on what you're looking for, but that would be true anyway once you consider weapon type and element, and I didn't want to make a separate table for every way a character could be categorized.

20. Abzy

Abzy New Member

Agreed. I think we all agree trolls are hickdeads :)