[Official] Leviathan Event R&A

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by terrablade, Dec 4, 2014.

How many times it took to get the Trident?

1. 1

38 vote(s)
    43.7%
  2. 2

18 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. 3

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  4. 4

10 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. 5

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. 6

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 8

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10+

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. mazin

mazin Active Member

sorry for the little ot...

@IMMvp today I rolled gugba!!!!! :D

Diabel and Drewbiepie like this.
  2. Diabel

Diabel New Member

I just joined the forum today and have been trying to get leviathan since the start of the event and... I JUST GOT LEVI!!!!
    I knew joining the form would help me some how ;)
    Hope the event comes back around thoo I'm not strong enough to get past Leviathan Descended!

IMMvp likes this.
  3. IMMvp

IMMvp Active Member

WHAT?! nice :)

looks like you received more genki POWAAAAAAAAHHHHH than i expected. no wonder i was so tired today :p

mazin likes this.
  4. Aexact

Aexact Member

THANK GOD.
    I got the Trident.

9 tries

1st try, endgame party blindly going in so
    S'naip, Pahrl, Manmer, Kuscah, Bahl, Sheena
    Even though it was a trial, I managed to crawl my way to Leviathan's door only to get wrecked by Maelstorm.

2nd try, ice break method
    Sheena, Zan, R'zonoad, Sorman, Neo Bahamut, Sher'bedan
    Reached Leviathan, thought the problem was Zan wasn't hitting hard enough to break the barrier. I thought it was a great plan too since he'd still be relevant after I broke the barrier.

3rd try, ice break method
    Sheena, R'zonoad, Sorman, Neo Bahamut, Megacell, Sher'bedan
    After a lengthy battle, realize I cannot deal with Icicle. Also freaked out when Sorman kept getting confused as I thought I forgot to equip Confusion Ward. Turns out he only had Confusion Guard. Loud cursing.

4th try, Red Starwhip
    Sheena, Red Starwhip, Neo Bahamut, Mantledrake, Kana, R'zonoad
    Discover Red Starwhip strat. Also draw Kana from weekly energy. Power level both of them and try again in three days. Take Mantledrake because why the hell not, it's not like I'm expecting to survive past Maelstorm. First attempt, I had some superstition that resetting in the middle of the attack animation kicks you to start screen since it happened to me a few times so waited out the Maelstorm turn. Everyone died. Whoops.

Bonus: Leveling Starwhip to level 68 and he still dies in one shot from Tentacles or Glacier. But since enemies have predictable attack patterns, managed to futz my way through without needing Ally Revival. Still, what a waste...

5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th try
    Grueling attempts with the same team. 6th try abandoned because of faulty unit placement on map 4 and unlucky Power Point spawn. 5th try drop, Ice Ring. 7th try drop, Dark ring. 8th try Lighting Ring. 9th try drop, White Ring which I totally thought the game was screwing with me but then the Trident appeared right after.

Phew. That's a relief.

Calibur, Matthieu and IMMvp like this.
  5. WynterNyght

WynterNyght New Member

Another Trident success story here. I basically lived in 20-1 for the past week. Got it on the second try.
    • Job3 65 Lewto
    • Job3 65 Jennish
    • Job3 65 Eileen
    • Job3 65 Kuscah
    • Job3 70 Daiana
    • Job1 60 Leviathan, with job2 35
    Basically just burned the shield down with Leviathan then overpowered with fire. Hope all three incarnations of Bahamut will be offered soon, as I missed it the first time around.

6. maddog

maddog New Member

Or bad unit choice. E.g. Maelstorm confuses all 6 units and then most of them move into boss / mobs attack path.

7. Sirius

Sirius Member

Finally I got Trident after two tries. I had been worried that I could not have Leviathan Omega because my units hadn't been leveled enough and no strong fire user nor ice capsule. Fortunately, my Grace unlocked dragon-killer skill. The rest was quite simple. Very happy now!

Sirius

8. melty

melty Member

Yay, finally beat Leviathan Omega and got the trident. All that grinding for Grace paid off. ;____;
    Only took 1 try to get the trident but took a million tries to be beat Leviathan in the first place. Had terrible luck in terms of Leviathan's movement and where the power point was position. I was so close to giving up. In fact, he didn't die by the second turn and I was ready to freak out. His hp was so low that you can't see any in the bar but he was still alive and kicking. Thank RGN for having given me Lewto and Dianna. Their anti-ice capsule saved me from icicles so I can keep attacking. Also thank RGN for giving me Grace. Couldn't have done it without them.

9. G Malo

G Malo Terra Battler

Medals:
    Leviathan Omega vs Leviathan Omega:

IMMvp and Matthieu like this.
  10. Win

Win New Member

My spoils of war.
    It's been a long week with Terra Battle.
    I can finally rest.

Attached Files:

11. IMMvp

IMMvp Active Member

wow you could petrify the fisheye? that's useful

HEY. THAT LEVIATHAN'S A PHONY. A BIG FAT PHONNNNNNY.

G Malo likes this.
  12. G Malo

G Malo Terra Battler

Medals:
    Totally a big phony. The recruitable unit should have the exact same skills! lol

IMMvp likes this.
  13. IMMvp

IMMvp Active Member

yeah man wtf wheres my Maelstrom All attack?

G Malo and Matthieu like this.
  14. Emmanuel Danga

Emmanuel Danga Member

Sorry, but I'm going to vent.... Stupid Omega Leviathan >_< ..... Did S/L over 15 times and still no trident fml....

15. DragNasty

DragNasty New Member

S/L doesn't work with item drops.

16. Emmanuel Danga

Emmanuel Danga Member

Yea....I found out the hard way.... I'm stuck with Neo Leviathan :S I hope they bring it back one more time....

17. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Removing the sticky since the event is over. Congrats to everyone!

Sirius likes this.
  18. Anuyo

Anuyo New Member

Hey guys, I cleared the leviathan ultra stage 5 times now and still got no trident... Is that even possible?

19. Tuo

Tuo Active Member

Statistically speaking, it's possible to do 100 runs and not get one. Since the drop rate is rather low, there will definitely be some players that take several attempts to get it. I forget which one, but for one of the trio, it took me several attempts to get the items... and don't even get me started about the eidolon items...

Best thing you can do is just try & try again... :meh:

20. Fishtankcat

Fishtankcat New Member

Ok guys, i stopped crying like a baby (as you can read in the thread leviathan+ sorman bug), i finally handled it like a man, bare hands, around 1h and 46 f*ing intense mins of sweat, fear, and exctasy, finding finally the holy trident of mother theresa in the bloody dungeon of madness, yes i'm crazy after trying more than a dozen times this event, but as i see in this thread i'm not the only one in this case.
    I want to say thanks, to all of you (espacially the 3,6% nuts like me who've tried more than 10times), with your stories cheering me up, to not give up on this holy quest!
    For the questions, why more than a hour to beat this dragon, i have no ice dealer character, or grace, but thanks god eillen et lewto were there.
    Now guys i´ll go to my job tomorrow showing to my boss the trident and force him to kneel and pledge loyalty to the new king of terra battle !!!
    ( or maybe go to see a doctor...)

Tuo and Jeba like this.