[Official] Leviathan R&A Thread

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Kivanc, Dec 25, 2014.

How many times did it take to get Trident?

1. 1

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. 2

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. 4

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. 7

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Is Leviathan giving you a difficult time?

Are you trying to hunt down a mystic Trident?

Is this dungeon too easy for your taste?

Did you roll a Grace just for this event?

Post it here.

2. Raijinili

Raijinili Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Just beat it twice without -Def tricks or Ice Capsules. MVPs were O'pari and Eileen.

Team:
    - Eileen: Levitation All, Regen, Healing
    - O'pari: damage, Ice Shield, Ice Damage Down Adjacent 30%
    - Leviathan (job 1 with skills from job 2): barrier break, Ice Damage Down Adjacent 10%
    - Kuscah: Healing, Control Time, Ally Revival (easier than trying to survive stage 3/5).
    - S'naip: damage
    - Bahl: damage

Keys:
    - Fisheye: Let it hit a damage unit by keeping that unit furthest away.
    - Minions: Don't kill one Selena.
    - Icicle: Get Ice Shield on O'pari (double pincer with a Powered Point), and get Eileen next to O'pari and Leviathan. Anyone else is secondary.

Progress:
    0. Pre-boss: Set up to hit with Ice 9 times (3 spells, 3 pincers). I tried with four initial pincers, but this killed both Selenas.
    1. Barrier break: Killed other Fisheye, and tried to avoid hitting Selena with my Leviathan. Priority is surviving.
    2. Without barrier: Chipped away, having to make sure that S'naip and my Leviathan didn't hurt Selena. Selena got to critical anyway, but her Blizzard is survivable.
    3. After Icicle: O'pari and Eileen are the only ones alive. Chip away, while making sure to put Eileen closer to Selena (she can Regen).

3. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

I got the trident this time. During the interval of the two Leviathan events, I pulled Eileen. Finally I have a levitation user! She has panacea too. I am so glad the Leviathan event came again so soon.

After I got the trident, I thought about using the energy gift and pulled Daiana... She could make the fight much easier, but who knows if I manage pull her at all. My team survived icicle by huddling around O'pari who has the 10% and 20% ice damage down, adjacent.

I shouldn't have equipped Bahamut's pincer+column attack. He constantly killed the Selene I tried to keep.

4. Flippy

Flippy Member

Got trident on the second try

Daiana Job 3 Lvl 70
    Gigojago Job 2 Lvl 65
    Koko Job 3 Lvl 57
    Kuscah Job 3 Lvl 70
    Elvern Job 3 Lvl 60
    Rikken Job 3 Lvl 60

Everyone is MVP. Daiana and Koko are the main damage dealers and ice capsule providers, Gigojago to break the barrier, Kuscah and Rikken for Control time+ and healers, and Elvern for Levitation.

Took approximately 1 hour each run. Didnt have panacea or clarity so I was punished by a lot of confusion attacks. S&L was very helpful!

This dungeon is okay. Maybe it is very hard for those who don't have levitation and ice capsule. However, Grace and RSW can do the trick. Just level your units high before attempting.

Overall, I'm feeling awesome to clear this dungeon without grace or RSW. :cool:
    Good luck for everyone!!

5. selenta

selenta New Member

After failing to get the drop 3 times before, I was pretty disheartened since I only had a few days to really try the Ultras (was able to use the metal zone event to help get the needed people to 65). I ended up going with Eileen(no Panacea), Kuscah, Bahl, Ma'curi, Grace, and Maralme. I managed to get the Bahamut drop pretty easily, but the Qarn mobs just absolutely wrecked me because I couldn't hit them and after being careful for like 100 turns trying to get them down I'd eventually fat finger something and get someone killed. I ended up having to use S/L a lot just getting to leviathan, each run taking half an hour (or more, the time I got people stuck in the middle on stage three), and even once I got there I failed on two of the runs when I screwed up my initial positioning couldn't recover even with S/L.

I eventually got Levi down three times, but figured I'd just give up on it as I didn't really need the third job. But I logged back in a while ago and saw the event had 5 minutes left and I had 45 stamina and though "oh, what the hell" and started the fight one more time. Naturally, I screw up on the third stage and get Grace trapped in the middle when Maralme finished the last stage two mob with her Wyrmtail, which gets Grace killed. After like 45 minutes of painful S/L-ing, taking a couple hour break in the middle because I was so pissed off that I trapped someone in the middle again, I recover the run and get the kill.

Finally got the Trident... a few hours after the event had ended :p

Flippy and Raijinili like this.
  6. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Event is over. Un-pinning the thread.