[Official] Odin R&A Thread

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Kivanc, Dec 18, 2014.

How many times it took to get the "Rune"?

1. 1

35 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. 2

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  3. 3

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. 4

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. 5

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10+

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. ranix

ranix Active Member

how did you manage to reach this defense?

korin plus who? just curious of the set up.

2. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    It's just Korin.

As you can see, Bahl's Defense is 234, and she automatically has Defense +10% Equip in Job 3. If you perform four pincer attacks, chaining both Korin and Bahl in all four, you can effectively stack up four Defense +20%, Sword and four Defense +30%, Sword.

20% + 30% = 50% for both buffs
    All four procs leads to 50% * 4 = 200%
    Add the 10% and you get a grand total of 210% Defense boost for a turn.

In most cases against a boss, Bahl only receives a 110% Defense boost from a double pincer. The extra mobs tend to help stack more buffs however.

3. ranix

ranix Active Member

oh I see, still kind of crazy.
    that sad that korin def buff is only 1 turn

4. SetsunaF

SetsunaF Active Member

I just beat odin ultra after retrying like 6 times. I got a wisdom flower.

5. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

My Kem was like that too. Kept him and mostly my underleveled Ethereal from dying. Stuff can hit pretty hard in there.

Cleared Odin Ultra finally this week, after spending last weekend on Coins. (Coins > Odin). Did 5 clears of Ultra. First one was super messy, and only one was super clean. I was disappointed I had to restart a few Odin attempts.

My crappy team, but still managed to kill him before Life Drain during all 5 attempts:
    • S'naip (65/70/70) - got Tail Spin for attempt 2, and 70 in J3 - MVP for damage.
    • Grace (70/70/70) - switched to Megabow/Poison Arrows in attempt 3, after I realized Defense -10% Wild Beast, wasn't super useful even for trash.
    • Kuscah (70/70/70) - Was using J2 because I was worried about Life Drain. First attempt, I didn't bring Heal x1.5, and that was a mistake. Kuscah is still squishy though, and I realized his healing was just perfect even if I needed to eat some of Odin's attacks. I probably could've used job 3, since I've always killed Odin before Life Drain. ::shrugs:: I guess challenges are good.
    • Bomborg (60) - Disarm bomb. Gets one-shot by everything. Was level 50 on my first attempt, and Ally Revival saves the day. Died on Odin for my first attempt (and Odin would sometimes kill me with bombs), but later disarming bombs was so useful. Too bad it doesn't have Control Time +2 Sec. Farmable. In retrospect, Blastosaur has better stats, but I didn't have one at the start of the event, and I didn't want to farm one. Neither of the two are in the PoF.
    • Kem (70/70/70) - Mostly support, and does a bit of damage, and super tanky. I didn't bring Mega-Heal. One of my few physical attackers.
    • Ethereal (60) - Was 50 on my first attempt. Stacking Defense -10% three times gives me a nice damage boost to S'naip. Kem also helped her survive.

Edit: Just realized my team consisted only of A and B-class characters (well and one C-class Bomborg). Maybe Odin wasn't that difficult.

Team was more difficult for me than Leviathan, since people were underleveled and such. Overall it was fun, but my first attempt was definitely frustrating, since I didn't know the enemy positioning, and it took a while to get a good positioning on Odin the first time.

I learned that Odin's first move tells you what his second move is. Spear Thrust --> Spear (Cross), and Breath Attack --> Impair skills. That helped with planning a lot, if I want to eat an attack (or heal) or not. I played aggressively to try to double pincer (if possible - curse Odin when he goes close to the corner) every turn.

Looking forward to leveling (T_T), and Bahamut this weekend.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  6. G Malo

G Malo Terra Battler

Medals:
    Pupru vs Odin Omega:

Pupru joins an all bow squad and rolls over Odin.

7. Red Kaede

Red Kaede Member

Oh god. Finally got the Rune. It only took 3 tries total (utter failure -> troll -> done), but something like 4-5 hours on the map plus 5 days of prep. o_O
    No Red Starwhip, no S'naip, no full archer team, no Negate Circle, no Augment Circle.

Gatz, 70/70/70: Treasure Hunter. Even with this, Odin still trolled me the first time I beat him. Dropped two items - Terra Spearbronze and.....Orichalcum. /commence-screaming-at-5-in-the-morning
    Gugba, 70/70/70: In retrospect, I'm not sure why I had him in here. He did not contribute that much damage and I could have had Gatz disarm the bombs.
    Grace, 70/70/70: Did most of the damage.
    Pahrl, 39/40/70: Frequency up to counter Odin, she was something like 20/33/25 when the event opened.
    Samupi, 52/70/35: Moar archer. The weakest link in the earlier stages. The Control Time was useful in 5/5, though. Started out near 35/35/30.
    Kuscah, 70/70/70: My instincts tripped me up no less than a dozen times by including him in a chain after Zantetsuso. :/

Definitely way harder than the last boss, Bahamut, or Leviathan Ultra. Probably the hardest fight I've had in the game. Definitely involved the most swearing and shouting. I'm not sure if I ultimately liked the Odin event or not. Right now, my brain says "NO." No idea if that will change later.

Edit: I can't punctuate correctly right now.

Nueko likes this.
  8. G Malo

G Malo Terra Battler

Medals:
    grats on doing it the hard way

9. Red Kaede

Red Kaede Member

Lol, I know, right? I would have LOVED to do it the easy way, but outside of Red Starwhip (which I didn't trust myself to adequately get the positioning right for), that was the best team I could assemble. :p

Fewer jobs to train up! Yay!

10. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

Finally got the rune. It was really a tough fight. Even the mobs are hard to kill.
    My team consists of
    Burbaba job 3 lvl 67 (his power point amp is good.)
    Samupi job 2 lvl 69
    Pahrl job 3 lvl 69
    Nakupi job 3 lvl 69 (need his wild beast debuff)
    Ka'pori job 2 lvl 67 (to protect Nakupi... I don't have time or patience to level his third job up.)
    Kuscah job 3 lvl 70 (my only lvl 70 guy)

A/B team can do it too. Need a lot of concentration on my part.

Got trapped by bombs. Reload. A slip of finger. Reload. Memorized Odin's sequence and then it changed to another set. Then at the step where I thought it would use impair skill, it used cross all and killed everyone. Reload. After many retries Odin dropped a non-rune item. The second run was as hard. At the end he dropped the Rune!

11. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

Yes! :D, just beat Odin Omega for the first time without S/L, and got the rune minutes ago.
    This is the team that I used, followed the starting formation from G Malo's video.
    odin_omega_team.jpg

I managed to killed him on the 10th turn (just before the second Zantetsuso).
    Though, I think I just got lucky today. In addition to getting 3 items from him, Odin was not the wall-hugger like usual; today he tend to loitering around the centre area, and generally moved 1 or 2 blocks each turn. So, it was not too hard to dodge his attacks, and form attack chains.

12. Nueko

Nueko Member

YAAYYYY for me finally getting rune after soo many wasted $!_^#*! Stamina! XD

Odin is really pain in the arse if we dont have high.. HIGH dps and FBI bomb defuser. Was attempting it first time with Grace/Olber/Kem/Yukken/Ethereal/Suoh (with suoh and kem being underlevel and having not all skill job unlocked). T'was soooo hard to even scratch odin belly. After gazillion gazillion S/L and many times give up and coming back with other variation he.just.wont.die.

Well in mi case olber x kem is already great enough to make undying team, as for dps..not so great. My record is about 25+ rounds with odin (mainly playing bomber man with the allfather..fun!). But eventually luck runs out, getting jail bomb, die, repeat.

After few sore finger and urge suicide holding, was decided to take the cheat way to use RSW. Problem is.. i barely have mage cept my fav loli puprope. Long story short was retrying alot with Grace/Olber/Kuscah/Puprope/RSW/Bagunar, simply because alot of time odin was left with a single drop of blood and getting healed to full in round 3. After hours trying every alternate route possible, to my surprise odin actually bit the dust! I didnt really know how that happened since the team basically the same team only gazillion S/L. Nevertheless million of loses, single victory, and single rune emerge from the allfather. Was so happy. The end

Ps: this concluding capturing all the maker pets since i miss the other 2 events. Was grinding like crazy this week, really glad now i can sit back and relax.. ciao!

13. Emmanuel Danga

Emmanuel Danga Member

First try to beat Ultra Odin and got the item for his 3rd job :) I had Grace, Sorman, S' naip, Manmer, Metupi and Ma'curi on my team :D

14. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Event is over. Un-pinning the thread.